Aerohive simplifies enterprise networking by reducing the cost and complexity of today's networks.
Regional Sales Manager (St. Louis, Kansas City, Seattle, Denver, Philadelphia)
Aerohive Networks is currently looking for a highly motivated outside sales professional with experience selling enterprise wireless LAN solutions for the following locations: St. Louis, Kansas City, Seattle, Denver, and Philadelphia. This is a high energy position requiring an individual to be extremely motivated and results-driven with a hunter mentality; it will also require someone who is equally comfortable working in a strategic and tactical capacity. A proven track record of sales success in the technology space, exemplary sales skills, and vision and patience, are all critical factors to success in this role
The successful candidate will be responsible for generating end user demand with enterprise accounts, educational institutions, and state & local agencies through face to face sales calls as well as building and managing VAR and Strategic partners in the region. Fulfillment of the product will be done primarily through channel partners. This is an individual contributor role responsible for delivering on sales quotas and growing the assigned region through aggressive prospecting, identifying, negotiating and closing of new accounts.
This position reports to the Vice President of Americas Sales.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Sell products to new and/or current customers in an assigned region to achieve or exceed assigned quota.
- Contact prospective customers to determine product needs and performs sales presentations to match company’s products and identified needs.
- Maintain sales records and prepare sales reports as required.
- Provide follow up with customers to ensure customer satisfaction with products provided.
- Maintain a 90 day rolling forecast
- Manage all aspects of the evaluation program
- Recruit strategic partners in respective region
- Develop and manage Partner Business Plans with each partner and conduct quarterly review with management
- Create an environment and infrastructure necessary to insure successful Partner development and activity
- Travel required within region to support end user and channel partners
- Identify prospects in region, understand competition in region and general business climate
- Develop a sales pipeline via a complete understanding of the wireless networking space to determine fit and enable predictable success at an account level
- Work within a team environment in conjunction with Inside Sales Representatives, Sales Engineers, Marketing, and Channel Partners to maximize sales efforts and success rate.
Required skills include:
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Intelligence: Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Drive: Passionate: Extremely high energy level - highly motivated sales starter
- Resourcefulness: Impressive ability to find ways over, under, around & through barriers
- Customer Focus: Extremely sensitive & adaptive to both stated and unstated customer needs
- Team Oriented: Creates focused, collaborative, results-driven teams (internal & partners), energizes others
- Track Record: Proven, consistent over achievement of sales quotas - exceeds customers expectations
- Integrity: "Ironclad"
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently
- Strong sales background. A proven closer who can deliver sales results on plan. Experience with direct touch indirect sales through channel a plus.
- 7-10 years technology vendor experience with at least 5 years demonstrated success in a field sales capacity.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage time.
- Travel requirement: approximately 75%.
Desired education level:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training in business or sales management