Aerohive simplifies enterprise networking by reducing the cost and complexity of today's networks.
Senior Network Management System Architect (Sunnyvale, CA)
Aerohive Networks is currently looking for a senior network management system architect to join a very talent and growing product team working on cutting edge SaaS technologies. You will have an opportunity to influence the industrial trend of cloud-based network management. The candidate is expected to work with the team to bring our industrial leading network management system to next level, providing rich functionality and unprecedented user experiences to our fast growing customer base, all through the convenience of cloud.
Your primary responsibility is design and enhancement of the system architecture for above described network management systems.
Other responsibilities include:
- Provide suggestions to senior management team on industrial technology trend and technical direction of the product
- Provide technical leadership to the team, and help to bring the team to next technical level
- Make recommendations about platform and technology (database servers, application servers, libraries, and frameworks) adoption, and write proof-of-concept code
- Work closely with other system architects in US and China, development teams, and other cross functional teams to deliver high quality products and customer satisfaction
The position may require travel to our China R&D center occasionally.
- 10+ years of industrial software product development experience
- Hands on system experiences in architecting and building a reasonably complex software product, such as network management system
- Good understanding of network technologies and protocols, including but not limiting to wifi, security, L2/L3 switching, and routing.
- Thorough understanding of web application architecture, service-oriented architecture (SOA) and REST web services
- Good knowledge and experiences on network management
- "Self-starter" and autonomous driver
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills