Aerohive Finishes 2013 with Strong Customer Growth and Product Innovation, Strategic Partnerships and Prestigious Award Win
Sunnyvale, Calif. — Jan. 13, 2014 — Aerohive Networks®, a leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-managed mobile networking for the enterprise market, today announced 2013 to be a year of growth for the company, with milestones in customer acquisitions, strategic partnerships, executive team expansion, and award wins. Aerohive finished 2013 with more than13,100 customers compared to 7,500 at December 31, 2012 – a 74 percent year-over-year customer growth from 2012 to 2013. Aerohive also announced shipping its 500,000th access point in late November, demonstrating the continued demand Aerohive has seen for its cloud networking solutions. Aerohive was also named by Deloitte as the fourth fastest growing Communications/Networking company in North America.
- The rise of mobile and BYOD adoption in today’s market is driving enterprise-class Wi-Fi demand across every major industry. This demand has helped grow Aerohive’s global customer base to more than 13,100 end customers worldwide at the end of 2013, with over 5,000new customers selecting Aerohive in 2013 to meet their connectivity needs.
Corporate and Customer Growth
- Aerohive has made significant strides in 2013 with customer wins across the retail, distributed enterprise, healthcare and education sectors. Additions include Great Clips, the franchisor of the largest hair care brand in the world with over 3,500 salons and $1 billion in system revenue, Memorial Hermann Health System, one of the nation’s top five large health systems according to Thomson Reuters, and Harvard Square, a historic and well-trafficked destination in Cambridge, Mass.
- Other customer wins in 2013 include one of the nation's largest quick-service restaurant chains with over 3,400 locations worldwide, a 370-location clothing retailer, a global automotive supplier with over 65,000 employees and one of the “World’s Most Admired” life insurance companies as named by Fortune.
- To help guide this growth in 2013, Aerohive expanded its management team, adding David Greene as chief marketing officer to lead its global go-to-market efforts, Gordon C. Brooks as chief financial officer and Steve Debenham as general counsel. In September 2013, Aerohive also added Remo Canessa, chief financial officer of Infoblox, as a board member and chair of Aerohive’s audit committee.
- One year ago Aerohive also launched HiveNation, a brand new online community for customers, thought leaders and evaluators to share ideas, ask questions and give praise.
- Aerohive’s customer growth can be attributed to its portfolio of enterprise-class access points, including its new 802.11ac AP370 and AP390 products released in October,
- In March 2013, Aerohive added its new SR series switches to its product portfolio, delivering a unified access layer solution to greatly simplify network management and provisioning. The enterprise-class switches provide granular visibility into who and what is on the network, providing single-pane-of-glass management and enabling a mobile-centric network edge.
- Aerohive also announced earlier in 2013 its Application Visibility and Control capability. AVC delivers granular visibility and control of almost 1000 different applications, enabling organizations to see what applications are in use and prioritize application and network access based on user context, such as user identity, device type, location and time of day.
- In 2013, Aerohive expanded its reach in key markets with strategic technological and business partnerships. Aerohive kicked off 2013 by partnering with AirWatch, announcing a platform integration (API) with the MDM solution provider. This integration enables retailers and enterprise environments to easily monitor and secure mobile POS and other device deployments.
- Aerohive also partnered with leading retail analytics company Euclid to create a Wi-Fi offering for brick-and-mortar retailers that provides actionable shopper insights.
- Apple selected Aerohive’s mobile networking technology as the only third-party, enterprise-class Wi-Fi solution available in Apple Online Stores in North America. This followed Apple’s choice earlier in March 2013 Aerohive’s access points for availability in Apple’s Online Stores in Europe.
- Building upon Aerohive’s channel momentum, Education Networks of America(ENA), aneducation-focused managed Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, selected Aerohive’s technology in 2013 as a key underpinning for ENA Air, its managed Wi-Fi service. After a competitive purchasing process, the Idaho State Department of Education chose the ENA Air solution that will provide every Idaho public high school with wireless infrastructure.
- Aerohive’s technological innovation and growth were also recognized by multiple industry awards, including the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 Awards list, which ranked Aerohive the fourth fastest growing Communications/Networking company in North America, based on annual revenue growth from 2008 to 2012. According to the Deloitte Fast 500 list, Aerohive’s annual revenue grew 6,550 percent over that period.
- In November, Aerohive was ranked seventh out of 52 companies on Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal’s 2013 list of fastest growing private companies in Silicon Valley. This ranking was based on the percent change revenue from 2010 to 2012 reported by the companies surveyed.
- Aerohive was also recognized in 2013 by Gartner, Inc. in the “Visionaries” quadrant of the 2013 Magic Quadrant for Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure.
“Since inception, Aerohive has grown to help major organizations in every industry adapt to today’s mobile explosion and the need for enterprise-class Wi-Fi, and 2013 was no exception,” said David Flynn, chief executive officer of Aerohive Networks. “2013 has been a banner year for us with many milestones in every corner of our business. We’re proud to announce our accomplishments and continued market leadership in 2013.”
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. The company's investors include Institutional Venture Partners (IVP), Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Lightspeed Venture Partners, New Enterprise Associates, Inc. (NEA) and Northern Light Venture Capital.For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” is a registered trademark of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.