Aerohive Launches the Connected Experience Platform for the Enterprise
New Cloud Networking, Personal Device Access, and Application Platform Unlock the Future Potential of Wi-Fi
Sunnyvale, Calif. — November 17, 2015 — Aerohive Networks® (NYSE:HIVE) today announced a suite of new technologies that deliver a Connected Experience platform for the enterprise. Built on Aerohive’s cloud networking architecture, the platform enables businesses to unlock the future potential of Wi-Fi.
The Connected Experience platform includes a new release of HiveManager® NG, Aerohive’s next-generation, enterprise-class network management application, now available for cloud and on-premises deployments. Integrated solutions for Guest Access and Personal Device Access are now available with HiveManager NG. A new Application Platform, including APIs and a supporting developer program, enables businesses to deliver new experiences to their customers, streamline IT by integrating with existing network management infrastructure, and derive insights from their network data.
- Enterprises realize that mobile technologies have the potential to transform how they engage their customers, promote collaboration, and ultimately improve business performance. Designed to address these trends, Aerohive’s cloud networking solution is built on the foundation of great Wi-Fi and empowers its customers to deliver a truly connected experience through new information, applications, and insights.
- HiveManager NG, Aerohive’s enterprise-class management application, is available both on-premises and in the cloud. Aerohive is the only vendor in the industry today offering the same application and same capability when used as a public cloud subscription or running behind a customer’s firewall in its own datacenter. HiveManager NG offers comprehensive unified management of Wi-Fi and wired access networks, building on Aerohive’s long history as an innovator in cloud networking.
- With the new release of HiveManager NG, Aerohive has integrated solutions for Guest Access and Personal Device Access. These easy-to-use solutions improve enterprise IT departments’ ability to scale and resolve BYOD challenges by enabling guests and employees to securely onboard their devices themselves.
- The Connected Experience platform features support for Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and a comprehensive developer program. Enterprises and their development partners can use these APIs to build new integrations and applications.
- Organizations can use the Application Platform to leverage new business insights and transform the customer experience. For example, in retail the APIs can be used to develop visitor traffic heatmaps and predictive store analytics, and also new functionality like proximity-based promotional offers.
- For enterprise IT departments, service providers, and managed service providers, the APIs and Application Platform help simplify and centralize network management by enabling integration of network deployment and management with existing infrastructure. Aerohive’s cloud networking platform, applications, and insights are built on a foundation of great Wi-Fi. Aerohive provides a complete portfolio of access points, switches, and routers in a single consistent architecture that scales from one access point to hundreds of thousands.
- Connected Experience
- HiveManager Next Generation
- Personal Device Access and Guest Access
- Application Platform
- Aerohive Developer Program
“In the era of the mobile mind shift and empowered customers, networks have to do more than just cater to the employee’s needs. The business needs a network to help win, retain, and serve customers…” wrote Andre Kindness, principal analyst, Forrester Research. “[Wireless] networks that face the business will evolve into customer engagement networks… Your network might be the first customer touchpoint.”(1)
“With more than 1,200 franchisees and 3,800 salons, we were looking for an enterprise-class Wi-Fi solution that would scale across all locations in the United States and Canada, and we evaluated multiple vendor solutions.” said Mari Fellrath, vice president, business intelligence and technology, Great Clips, Inc. “With our partner Foundation, we deployed Aerohive as it provides a robust and secure wireless solution and the ability for Foundation to easily remotely manage and monitor the network. It has enabled us to provide additional business insights to deliver better value to our franchisees, and our customers. With the Aerohive solution, we are also now prepared to more easily adopt technology innovations in the future.”
“We are excited to partner closely with Aerohive,” said Andrea Calcagno, chief executive officer, Cloud4Wi. “Aerohive’s cloud platform with rich data, user and application visibility, and APIs for location, presence and monitoring enable us to deliver applications that will transform marketing for sectors such as retail, restaurants and large enterprises.”
“The intersection of mobility and cloud networking gives every organization the chance to transform how they serve their customers,” said David Greene, senior vice president, chief marketing officer, Aerohive Networks. “Our Connected Experience platform and next generation cloud networking enables businesses to build on the foundation of their Wi-Fi infrastructure to improve customer engagement, create new business insights, and drive growth.”
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding new Aerohive product and service offerings and statements regarding their expected performance, market receptiveness and competitive advantage. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risk and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: our ability to continue to attract, integrate, retain and train skilled personnel, general demand for wireless networking in the industry verticals targeted or demand for Aerohive products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, risks associated with our growth, competitive pressures from existing and new companies, technological change, product development delays, our inability to protect Aerohive intellectual property or to predict or limit exposure to third party claims relating to its or Aerohive's intellectual property, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Aerohive’s financial and operating results are included under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," in the Company’s recent annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly report on Form 10-Q. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.aerohive.com and on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof, and Aerohive Networks disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE: HIVE) enables our customers to simply and confidently connect to the information, applications, and insights they need to thrive. Our simple, scalable, and secure platform delivers mobility without limitations. For our customers worldwide, every access point is a starting point. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” and “HiveManager” are registered trademarks of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
(1) “Create A Customer Engagement Network For Your BT Agenda,” by Andre Kindness, Forrester Research, Inc., April 10, 2015