Aerohive’s Cloud Management Platform, HiveManager NG Now Also Available On-premises
Aerohive’s HiveManager Offers a Unified Wired and Wireless Network Management Architecture with a Choice of Deployment Options
Sunnyvale, Calif. — September 8, 2015 — Aerohive Networks ® (NYSE: HIVE) today announced the on-premises release of HiveManager® Next Generation (HiveManager NG) and the addition of several new features for troubleshooting, reporting, monitoring, backup, and feedback. HiveManager NG is Aerohive’s enterprise-class, cloud-enabled network management solution.
With HiveManager NG Virtual Appliance, customers are now able to simplify the planning, configuration, and management of their networks with the same ease of use that’s available with HiveManager NG in the cloud. HiveManager NG also offers the flexibility to change deployment method should a customer’s needs change.
- Organizations today are leveraging mobile technologies to engage their customers, collaborate internally, and ultimately improve performance. To use these technologies, enterprises need a simple, scalable, and secure Wi-Fi infrastructure. As such, organizations are turning to cloud-managed networks, which are easy-to-manage and can be accessed, controlled, and managed from anywhere in the world.
- Aerohive has broadened the deployment options for HiveManager NG, an enterprise-class, cloud-enabled network management solution, to include both public cloud and on-premises deployment. HiveManager NG Virtual Appliance, the on-premises option, has been added to enable customers to choose the deployment that’s right for them. Now customers can deploy networks with on-premises management that has the ease of management and functionality of a cloud solution. In addition, customers will be able to change deployment methods as their needs change.
- Aerohive also added new features to the HiveManager NG product portfolio to offer its customers even more network control and visibility. New features include:
- Enhanced reporting, with the ability to share reports with an HTML link that can be accessed from any device
- Enriched Helpdesk Troubleshooting, with role-based access control and guided troubleshooting tips
- Updated security, with added rogue AP and client visibility
Pricing and Availability
- HiveManager NG in the cloud is available today and can be purchased with 1-, 3-, or 5-year subscription terms., 1-year plans start at $95 per access point, with pricing varying by access point model.
- HiveManager NG Virtual Appliance is also available today. It requires the purchase of a 1-, 3-, or 5-year support contract, a perpetual license fee per access point, and a 1-, 3-, or 5-year support contract per access point.
“Aerohive is continuing to lead the industry with this newest HiveManager NG deployment option,” said David Greene, chief marketing officer, Aerohive. “By offering public and on-premises solutions, we put the power into the hands of the customer to choose the deployment method that works for their situation. Regardless of public or on-premises management, organizations are now able to have the same simple, secure, and scalable wireless solution.”
“By offering an on-premises version of HiveManager NG in addition to the cloud-based version, Aerohive gives customers a choice in deployment models that best fit their needs,” said Matthias Machowinski, research director, IHS. "As an added bonus, Aerohive’s flexible licensing model allows customers to change as their needs evolve.”
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding new Aerohive product and service offerings and statements regarding their expected performance, market receptiveness and competitive advantage. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risk and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: our ability to continue to attract, integrate, retain and train skilled personnel, general demand for wireless networking in the industry verticals targeted or demand for Aerohive products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, risks associated with our growth, competitive pressures from existing and new companies, technological change, product development delays, our inability to protect Aerohive intellectual property or to predict or limit exposure to third party claims relating to its or Aerohive's intellectual property, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Aerohive’s financial and operating results are included under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," in the Company’s recent annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly report on Form 10-Q. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.aerohive.comand on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof, and Aerohive Networks disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE: HIVE) enables our customers to simply and confidently connect to the information, applications, and insights they need to thrive. Our simple, scalable, and secure platform delivers mobility without limitations. For our over 22,000 customers worldwide, every access point is a starting point. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” and “HiveManager” are registered trademarks of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.