Fastest-Growing School District in Mississippi Deploys Aerohive Networks to Handle Expanding Network and Meet Digital Instruction Needs
Lamar County School District Leverages Aerohive’s Robust, Reliable and Scalable Networking Solution to Accommodate High Density and 1:1 Initiative
Sunnyvale, Calif. — September 15, 2015 — Aerohive Networks ® (NYSE: HIVE) today announced that Lamar County School District, the fastest-growing school district in the state of Mississippi, continues to rely on Aerohive’s controller-less networking solutions to provide resilient Wi-Fi access to over 10,000 students and 1,300 faculty across 15 schools. With Aerohive, Lamar County School District can now support its 1:1 initiative, while meeting the expanding density requirements to seamlessly integrate with Google Classroom apps and Apple technologies.
With HiveManager NG Virtual Appliance, customers are now able to simplify the planning, configuration, and management of their networks with the same ease of use that’s available with HiveManager NG in the cloud. HiveManager NG also offers the flexibility to change deployment method should a customer’s needs change.
- Today’s 21st century classroom relies upon smart technology to support new learning initiatives. As a result, there is an increasing demand to provide a robust, secure and scalable wireless networking infrastructure that can handle high traffic across a widespread area of buildings and support multiple instructional platforms based on different technologies.
- Lamar County School District (LCSD), the fastest-growing school district in the state of Mississippi, services over 10,000 students and employs 1,300 faculty members across 15 schools.
- Prior to deploying Aerohive, LCSD relied upon Cisco’s wireless technology. Over time, the need for a wireless solution to accommodate density and the influx of Bring Your Own (BYO) devices became imperative.
- In addition, the District began moving toward a 1:1 classroom environment and recognized the need to evaluate new wireless solutions that could support greater density and simplify network management. LCSD began deploying over 1300 Chromebooks and 500 iPads and, as a result, they began searching for a resilient, centrally managed networking solution that could provide reliable wireless access across the 15 schools and auxiliary buildings in the district, including its central office, nurses’ clinic, parent outreach facility and school bus mechanical shops.
- LCSD evaluated several traditional networking vendors, including Aruba, Cisco, Meraki, Xirrus and Aerohive Networks. Ultimately, Aerohive was selected for its ease of management, flexibility, cost-effective licensing model and scalability - a crucial component for a district with ambitious plans for integrating Wi-Fi into classrooms and operations.
- LCSD deployed Aerohive AP230 access points and was one of the first Aerohive customers to deploy 802.11ac Gigabit Wi-Fi technology. The district chose 802.11ac access points in order to future-proof and adequately provision the entire wireless solution. The 802.11ac technology also enabled LCSD to continue seamless operations despite the extensive range between buildings .
- LCSD is also leveraging Aerohive’s Social Login, enabling students to authenticate to the network via a Google account with a single login. Social Login is also used by guests after school hours, allowing visitors to sign on with social media credentials, giving the district valuable analytics for how the network is used. Furthermore, LCSD utilizes the power of HiveManager®Online to easily manage the network from one centralized place, cutting cost and time for the IT team .
- The reliable connectivity of the Aerohive platform allows administrators and teachers to utilize other wireless applications, including accessing software for entering grades, attendance, teacher evaluations and student registration. The interoperability of the Aerohive solution has been instrumental in moving many paper-based operations to a digital format at LCSD.
- To read the full Lamar County School Districtcase study, please visit: www.aerohive.com/resources/lamar-county-school-district
“Lamar County School District was not just sold a product and left on our own,” said Ross Randall, director of technology, Lamar County School District. “When you make a significant technology investment, it removes a lot of pressure from the IT team when you have a solution partner that is responsive and engaged. As one of the first Aerohive customers to use 802.11ac access points, we took on some risk, but the rewards have been outstanding and far outweighed any hiccups we encountered. Having a partner like Aerohive to ensure everything is working on the back end is invaluable for Lamar County School District.”
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding new Aerohive product and service offerings and statements regarding their expected performance, market receptiveness and competitive advantage. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risk and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: our ability to continue to attract, integrate, retain and train skilled personnel, general demand for wireless networking in the industry verticals targeted or demand for Aerohive products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, risks associated with our growth, competitive pressures from existing and new companies, technological change, product development delays, our inability to protect Aerohive intellectual property or to predict or limit exposure to third party claims relating to its or Aerohive's intellectual property, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Aerohive’s financial and operating results are included under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," in the Company’s recent annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly report on Form 10-Q. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.aerohive.comand on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof, and Aerohive Networks disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE: HIVE) enables our customers to simply and confidently connect to the information, applications, and insights they need to thrive. Our simple, scalable, and secure platform delivers mobility without limitations. For our over 22,000 customers worldwide, every access point is a starting point. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” and “HiveManager” are registered trademarks of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.