Juniper Networks and Aerohive Collaborate to Deliver a Simple, Secure and Cloud-Managed Network Solution to Enterprises
The New Alliance Will Help Joint Customers Build Next Generation Cloud-Enabled Enterprise Networks
Sunnyvale, Calif. — September 17, 2015 — Aerohive Networks® (NYSE: HIVE) and Juniper Networks (NYSE:JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced a new technology alliance to deliver a simple, secure, and cloud-managed wired and wireless solution to distributed enterprises, including in retail, K-12 education, as well as state and local government customer segments. Aerohive cloud Wi-Fi solutions coupled with Juniper Networks high performance switches, comprehensive network management, and security solutions will help enterprises simplify network planning, orchestration, and deployment.
The increasing consumption of applications and mobile-first access in the workplace is driving tremendous change in wireless and wired network infrastructure for today’s distributed enterprises. Businesses face new challenges of securing the network for a diverse set of devices with effective strategies for guests, bring your own device (BYOD), and Internet of Things (IoT). At the same time, organizations need to provide a secure, scalable, and high-performance network infrastructure from the wireless edge to the core, all with shrinking IT budgets and a lack of IT expertise at enterprise branch locations.
To address these challenges, Aerohive and Juniper together deliver an interoperable solution for enterprises. The flexibility and simplicity of cloud managed Wi-Fi offered by Aerohive, combined with the high performance of Juniper Networks solutions is targeted at eliminating IT burden for enterprises with a large number of remote locations. Customers will have a choice of deployment in the cloud or on-premises to address the needs of enterprises of any size.
- The Juniper and Aerohive joint solution aims to deliver network flexibility and the simplicity of cloud management with a choice of deployment options to address the needs of enterprises. Aerohive’s HiveManager® enables centralized planning, management, troubleshooting, and analytics for WLANs. HiveManager is available for deployment on-premises or in the cloud to fit the needs of every enterprise. By deploying Aerohive’s fast 802.11ac Wi-Fi access points with Juniper Networks® EX Series Ethernet Switches, Junos® Space Network Director and Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways, customers are able to achieve a simple, scalable, and secure wired and wireless solution .
- In addition, the joint solution will further enable large distributed enterprises across industries such as retail, K-12 education, and state and local government to realize the full potential of mobility as a platform for gaining cloud-based insights, launching revenue-generating services, and delivering rich, contextual end-customer experiences by leveraging Aerohive’s HiveManager application and analytics platform.
- Building on Juniper’s Open Convergence Framework, the companies’ open, standards-based hardware and software products enhance investment protection as they collaborate on joint global go-to-market opportunities with their customers and channel partners. The companies’ joint solution offers the market a cloud platform for enterprise networks that transforms how businesses connect with their customers in the mobile-first world.
“The Aerohive and Juniper solutions work hand in glove together. Aerohive’s strong feature set, management tools, and security features combined with Juniper’s high performance switches make managing our network even simpler.”
- Thomas C. Paul, director of information technology, Wisconsin Center District
“It’s important that our clients have available to them the industry’s best-of-breed solutions as they transform their enterprises. We believe the addition of Aerohive to Juniper Networks’ Open Convergence Framework technology alliances offers our clients access to the best solutions - from wireless LAN, network access control and management visibility solutions, to unified communications tools and cloud management, analytics and applications.”
- Kirk Hanratty, chief technology officer, Synercomm, Inc.
“Aerohive’s scalability, security, and simplicity is being adopted by increasingly larger customers for enterprise campus, K-12 education, government and retail deployments. Customers prefer the flexibility, scale, and cost advantages they get with Aerohive’s cloud enabled Wi-Fi partnered with leading third party switch vendors like Juniper Networks over more restrictive bundles.”
- Bill Hoppin, vice president of business development, Aerohive
“At Juniper Networks, we build innovative solutions that reduce complexity and scale with our customers, enabling them to quickly bring new services to market and deliver richer end-user experiences. Teaming up with Aerohive allows us to deliver an intelligent wired and wireless solution that provides customers with a non-disruptive way to evolve their enterprise networks and move to cloud-enabled networks that enhance the customer experience.”
- Denise Shiffman, corporate vice president, Switching and Security Products & Solutions at Juniper Networks
- Solution Brief: Juniper Networks and Aerohive Networks: Cloud-Enabled Solutions for the Enterprise
- Product Page: Juniper Networks EX Series Ethernet Switches
- Product Page: Aerohive’s HiveManager
- Blog: Juniper Walks the Talk with Open Networks by Jonathan Davidson, executive vice president and general manager, Juniper Development and Innovation, Juniper Networks
- Blog: Partner Watch: Choice Not Chance by Matt Hurley, VP worldwide partner and field marketing, Juniper Networks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR) delivers innovation across routing, switching and security. Juniper Networks’ innovations in software, silicon and systems transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE: HIVE) enables our customers to simply and confidently connect to the information, applications, and insights they need to thrive. Our simple, scalable, and secure platform delivers mobility without limitations. For our over 22,000 customers worldwide, every access point is a starting point. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
“Aerohive” is a registered trademark of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding the alliance between Juniper Networks and Aerohive; new Aerohive and Juniper Networks product and service offerings; integration of such offerings; and the expected features, benefits, performance, market receptiveness, effectiveness and competitive advantage of such offerings. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: delays in scheduled product availability, incompatibility of technologies, the failure of Juniper Networks and Aerohive to accurately predict emerging technological trends, general demand for wireless and wired networking in the industry verticals targeted or demand for Aerohive and Juniper products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could cause actual outcomes and results to differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements in this press release are included under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," in the most recent annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly report on Form 10-Q of each of Juniper and Aerohive. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of Aerohive’s website at http://ir.aerohive.com and Juniper’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of Juniper’s website at http://investor.juniper.net/. Both Juniper’s and Aerohive’s SEC filings are also available on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Juniper and Aerohive as of the date hereof, and Aerohive and Juniper disclaim any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.