Largest Salon Brand Great Clips Standardizes on Aerohive for Retail Wireless Solution
Sunnyvale, Calif. — December 8, 2015 — Aerohive Networks® (NYSE:HIVE) today announced that Great Clips®, the world’s largest salon brand, has deployed Aerohive’s networking solutions to provide simple, secure, and scalable Wi-Fi across its 3,800 salons. With Aerohive, Great Clips can now easily deploy and manage its wireless infrastructure across a franchise model, while providing additional business insight and value for many salon owners.
- Established in 1982, Great Clips is the world’s largest salon brand with 3,800 franchised salons across the U.S. and Canada. The company’s franchisees employ 35,000 stylists. Great Clips offers its customers convenient haircuts with walk-in appointments, flexible hours, and the industry’s first online check-in service.
- Like many retail companies, Great Clips was challenged to meet the Europay, Mastercard, Visa (EMV) standards ahead of the October 2015 deadline. It needed a networking solution to help meet the requirements for the EMV liability shift and security, as well as scale for future growth.
- At the time, Great Clips had no standardized solution across salons and franchisees had deployed a variety of solutions, from off the shelf products to enterprise-class networks. It began looking for a wireless solution to standardize and unify its infrastructure to help ensure security across the entire system.
- The company partnered with The Foundation, an IT services provider and Aerohive reseller that administers a variety of IT functions and managed services for Great Clips to evaluate several enterprise wireless solutions, including technology from Aerohive, Cisco, Cradlepoint, and Meraki.
- Great Clips chose Aerohive and has now deployed over 3,700 (and counting) Aerohive BR200 branch routers across its locations. For simple, centralized network management across franchises, the company uses HiveManager® in a private cloud, on premise configuration.
- Since deploying Aerohive, Great Clips put in new credit card terminals to prepare for EMV standards. Salons can use iPads to access the Great Clips University app for video training modules. In addition, The Foundation leveraged Aerohive’s application visibility and control features to ensure salons get the bandwidth they need.
- To read the full Great Clips case study, please visit: www.aerohive.com/customers/Great-Clips.html
“Aerohive’s solid commitment to retail has been firmly established,” said Mari Fellrath, vice president of business intelligence and technology, Great Clips. “No other platform allowed us to both unify and segregate our franchisees as well as provide the foundation for future in-salon technology innovation.”
“Aerohive not only provides a secure and robust wireless solution, but the built-in features and capabilities will provide a solid foundation as we expand services across the wireless network,” said Jennifer Huwe, manager of salon technology, Great Clips.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding new Aerohive product and service offerings and statements regarding their expected performance, market receptiveness and competitive advantage. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risk and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: our ability to continue to attract, integrate, retain and train skilled personnel, general demand for wireless networking in the industry verticals targeted or demand for Aerohive products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, risks associated with our growth, competitive pressures from existing and new companies, technological change, product development delays, our inability to protect Aerohive intellectual property or to predict or limit exposure to third party claims relating to its or Aerohive's intellectual property, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Aerohive’s financial and operating results are included under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," in the Company’s recent annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly report on Form 10-Q. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.aerohive.com and on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof, and Aerohive Networks disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE: HIVE) enables our customers to simply and confidently connect to the information, applications, and insights they need to thrive. Our simple, scalable, and secure platform delivers mobility without limitations. For our customers worldwide, every access point is a starting point. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” and “HiveManager” are registered trademarks of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.