Apple Becomes a Reseller of Aerohive Products and Software Solutions Serving the Education Market
Partnership Enables Schools and Universities to Optimize Their Networks for Apple Devices
Sunnyvale, Calif. — May 28, 2015 — Aerohive Networks ® (NYSE: HIVE) today announced the addition of Apple® to the worldwide roster of partners reselling Aerohive’s cloud-enabled, distributed Wi-Fi and routing solutions. The partnership will make it easier for schools and universities to optimize their networks for Apple devices, essential as more of them implement Apple-centric learning platforms.
- Apple is now a recognized reseller of Aerohive products, listing Aerohive’s cloud-enabled, distributed Wi-Fi and routing solutions on the Apple price list for US education institution hardware and software. Apple’s price list can be found here: http://images.apple.com/education/pricelists/pdfs/hied_k12_3pp_price_list_20150512.pdf
- Amid rising demand for schools to deliver 21st century learning, smart devices have become a staple in K-12 and higher education environments. This is driving the need for better networking infrastructure that can deliver secure, fast and reliable wireless access to numerous devices across a widespread area of various schools and buildings.
- Aerohive’s controller-less, WLAN architecture allows for simple, cost-effective deployment of cloud-enabled, distributed Wi-Fi and routing solutions – necessary for highly distributed education environments with limited resources and IT budgets.
- Apple is a long-time leader in the education market, and Aerohive has a growing list of education customers, including some of the largest school districts in the United States. These include Broward County, FL (seventh largest), Palm Beach County, FL (11th largest), Montgomery County, MD (18th largest), Baltimore County, MD (26th largest), Lee County, FL (38th largest), Greenville County, SC (48th largest) and Virginia Beach, VA (50th largest).
- On October 28, 2014, Aerohive announced that it has been selected by Apple to join in Apple¹s $100M contribution to ConnectED. Aerohive will be donating the Wi-Fi infrastructure to support Apple’s ConnectED initiative. ConnectEd is a U.S. government initiative to empower teachers with the best technology and training to make the most of it, to empower students through individualized learning and rich, digital content. Aerohive is the only Wi-Fi infrastructure company working with Apple on this initiative.
- Aerohive’s Bonjour Gateway solution enables K-12 institutions to make BYOD with Apple devices a native part of every network. This feature manages and controls Apple service availability – such as AirPrint, AirPlay, file sharing and collaboration applications – across an entire enterprise-class network.
- Aerohive recognizes that a high number of its more than 20,000 customers also are Apple customers. Aligning in the channel, as well as with important Apple-specific capabilities like Bonjour, provides unique value to mutual customers.
- The partnership with Apple is the latest demonstration of how Aerohive, which has a 100 percent channel sales model, is expanding its reach by aligning with large brands and resellers to address the market for reliable, scalable networks that can be cost-effectively deployed.
“Apple’s commitment to re-sell Aerohive products is a significant next step in our relationship, and increases Aerohive’s position as the No. 1, pure play in cloud managed Wi-Fi,” said Bill Hoppin, vice president, businessdevelopment, Aerohive Networks. “We are extremely excited to partner with industry leader Apple, the reach it gives Aerohive and the purchasing options it enables us to provide to our customers.”
“Technology is transforming the classroom,” said Thom Mountain, Network administrator, Horry County Schools. “More than ever, iPads, MacBooks and other mobile devices are a core part of the learning experience in K-12. With this new technology adoption, comes the need for a wireless connected classroom that can support instruction through the use of Apple devices. Our Aerohive controller-less network has allowed us to do just that.”
Safe Harbor Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding new Aerohive product and service offerings and channel partnerships, and statements regarding their expected performance, market receptiveness and competitive advantage. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risk and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: our ability to continue to attract, integrate, retain and train skilled personnel, general demand for wireless networking in the industry verticals targeted or demand for Aerohive products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, and our ability to develop productivity and efficiency of channel partnerships, risks associated with our growth, competitive pressures from existing and new companies, technological change, product development delays, our inability to protect Aerohive intellectual property or to predict or limit exposure to third party claims relating to its or Aerohive's intellectual property, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Aerohive’s financial and operating results are included under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," in the Company’s recent report on Form 10-K. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.aerohive.com and on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof, and Aerohive Networks disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law
Apple® designs Macs, the best personal computers in the world, along with OS X, iLife, iWork and professional software. Apple leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store. Apple has reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, and is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices with iPad.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE: HIVE) enables our customers to simply and confidently connect to the information, applications, and insights they need to thrive. Our simple, scalable, and secure platform delivers mobility without limitations. For our over 20,000 customers worldwide, every access point is a starting point. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” is a registered trademark of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.