Bojangles’ Famous Chicken ‘n Biscuits Provides Robust and Reliable Wi-Fi Across Expanding Franchise with Aerohive Networks
Quick Service Restaurant Chain Leverages Cost-Effective, Scalable and Reliable Wi-Fi Access for Employee Training, Customer Satisfaction and PCI Compliance
Sunnyvale, Calif. — May 12, 2015 — Aerohive Networks ® (NYSE: HIVE) today announced that Bojangles’ Restaurants Inc. continues to rely on Aerohive’s robust, scalable and flexible Wi-Fi for employee training, PCI compliance and additional customer service offerings across its rapidly expanding franchise.
- Founded in 1977 by restaurant veterans Jack Fulk and Richard Thomas, Bojangles’ was created as a quick service restaurant environment with high-quality products and a fun and friendly ambience. Bojangles’ operates in over 600 restaurants across 10 states serving its ‘Famous Chicken ‘n Biscuits’ and other tasty breakfast, lunch and dinner menu items to customers primarily in the Southeastern United States.
- With revenues hitting over $1B, the company continually receives high honors for its franchisee model and corporate success. On average, the company opens one new store every six days and manages over 250 corporate-owned locations.
- Bojangles’ first deployed wireless services at a few select restaurant locations to meet the public Wi-Fi demands of local college students. As a result of its accelerated growth, Bojangles’ needed to find creative ways to conduct employee training, offer robust guest Wi-Fi company-wide and meet requirements for security and PCI compliance.
- Bojangles’ experienced reliability concerns, frequent outages and other issues with Cisco, costing the company both time and money. In addition, the company needed to move away from a controller-based environment and began looking for wireless networking solutions with cloud capabilities and enterprise-class features.
- Bojangles’ evaluated several wireless networking solutions, including Cisco and Meraki, assessing which provider was most approachable, responsive and could partner seamlessly to provide a superior solution at a cost effective price point. Ultimately, the company installed Aerohive BR200 branch routers and Aerohive AP121 access points in all corporate-owned restaurants. Aerohive’s new AP230 802.11ac access points were also installed at the company’s corporate support center .
- Additionally, Bojangles’ has deployed multiple SSIDs, including a DMZ network for vendor equipment, a corporate network and a public guest network. Each restaurant has two separate networks, including a guest network and a network used solely for employee training. Bojangles’ also uses HiveManager® for its own private cloud to provide simple, centralized network management.
- Since its deployment of Aerohive, the company has rolled out a video training program across all store locations to train new employees. With this new solution, Bojangles’ now trains approximately 18,000 new employees per year, relying on Aerohive to provide the bandwidth needed for its wirelessly broadcasted video curriculum.
- Bojangles’ will soon deploy a new Point of Sale (POS) solution for all retail locations, paving the way for consideration of new wireless technologies, such as line busting ordering systems, or other opportunities to leverage wireless technologies that will enhance efficiency and higher customer satisfaction.
- To read the full Bojangles’ case study, please visit: http://www.aerohive.com/resources/bojangles-restaurants-inc
“Aerohive is designed to work hand in glove for retail environments,” states Shad Collins, vice president of information technology, Bojangles’ Restaurants. “Aerohive gives us flexibility for a secure, cloud-managed solution with features tailored to better understand the retail environment, which at the end of the day, allows us to better serve our customers, and saves us time and money. For brick-and-mortar environments like Bojangles’, the Aerohive solution is the only way to go.”
“Bojangles’ Restaurants Inc. needed a unique solution that offered enterprise grade Wi-Fi and networking not only for their guests, but also for their corporate offices and unique employee training programs,” said David Greene, chief marketing officer, Aerohive Networks. “Today, retail environments like this continue to expand their customer and employee services, adding network complexity and also increasing IT costs. Aerohive combats this complexity with our enterprise-grade, controller-less, cloud-managed networking solutions that cut management costs, provide scalability and enable seamless integration in any environment. We are proud to offer a wireless solution that is ideal for the next-generation of customers, today.”
Safe Harbor Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding new Aerohive product and service offerings and statements regarding their expected performance, market receptiveness and competitive advantage. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risk and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: our ability to continue to attract, integrate, retain and train skilled personnel, general demand for wireless networking in the industry verticals targeted or demand for Aerohive products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, risks associated with our growth, competitive pressures from existing and new companies, technological change, product development delays, our inability to protect Aerohive intellectual property or to predict or limit exposure to third party claims relating to its or Aerohive's intellectual property, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Aerohive’s financial and operating results are included under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," in the Company’s recent report on Form 10-K. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.aerohive.com and on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof, and Aerohive Networks disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE: HIVE) enables our customers to simply and confidently connect to the information, applications, and insights they need to thrive. Our simple, scalable, and secure platform delivers mobility without limitations. For our over 20,000 customers worldwide, every access point is a starting point. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” and “HiveManager” re registered trademarks of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.