Aerohive Continues to Transform the Connected Experience for Retailers and Their Customers
Smarter Cloud Wi-Fi Platform for Retail Improves Personalized Engagement and Business Intelligence
Sunnyvale, Calif. — January 19, 2016 — Aerohive Networks® (NYSE:HIVE) continues to be selected by top retailers for its simple, secure, and scalable Wi-Fi. Aerohive’s products have positioned many retailers to support increasing numbers of devices, such as IoT devices, handheld scanners, and guest devices.
Building on its cloud networking architecture, Aerohive helps retailers deliver truly connected experiences to customers through information, applications, and insights. As part of its Personalized Engagement Ecosystem, Aerohive continues to partner with best-of-breed solution vendors like Cloud4Wi to deliver tools to transform the retail experience.
- Customers today are more informed and positioned to get the best deal, either in-store or online, than ever. Retailers are increasingly leveraging mobility to provide more customer value. Wi-Fi, applications, and insights help retailers deliver compelling in-store connected experiences, through personalized engagement, simplified buying, and faster customer service.
- From brick-and-mortar stores to restaurant chains to e-commerce warehouses, retailers rely on Aerohive products to handle the uptick in wireless devices, communicate with customers in new ways, and gather new business intelligence. In addition to the company’s cloud networking solutions that are ideal for retail, Aerohive’s suite of retail apps and ecosystem of best-of-breed partner solutions help companies unlock the potential of mobility and transform customer engagement.
- Aerohive’s growing list of retail customers include such leading brands as Great Clips, Clarks, Pet Supplies Plus, Bojangles, Drakes Supermarkets, the Boyd Group, Rimi, and Hoogvliet.
- Beverly’s Fabric & Crafts selected Aerohive cloud networking solutions to overhaul its physical stores’ wireless infrastructure. After dealing with frequent Wi-Fi disconnections that caused operational delays, the company sought a reliable Wi-Fi solution to support its proprietary re-ordering software, provide connectivity to its multiple in-store devices, and pave the way for better customer understanding and insight.
- Wehkamp.nl in the Netherlands selected Aerohive access points for its new 35,000 square meter distribution center, one of the largest e-commerce distribution centers in the world. In the new distribution center 12,350 items can be picked for shipment per hour, cutting the picking speed of previous locations by half. Aerohive’s Wi-Fi infrastructure delivers connectivity across the enormous building to 468 robots, dozens of handheld scanners and trick terminals, as well as the maintenance crew and visitors.
- Aerohive delivers the Connected Experience for retail by enabling applications and insights. Aerohive Cloud Services (ACS) APIs and comprehensive Developer Program enable customers to build new integrations and applications. For example, the ACS APIs can be used to develop visitor traffic heatmaps, predictive store analytics, and new functionalities such as proximity-based promotional offers.
- As an example of Aerohive’s commitment to retail, Aerohive is partnering with Cloud4Wi, an innovative cloud platform provider for enhancing guest Wi-Fi access. The partnership leverages ACS APIs to develop retail apps that provide actionable insights into customers and their behaviors while visiting stores.
- Aerohive will be demonstrating Cloud4Wi and other retail solutions in its booth #4449 at NRF’s Annual Convention & Expo, “Retail’s Big Show,” on January 17-20 in New York, NY.
- Aerohive Retail Solutions
- Connected Experience
- Personal Device Access and Guest Access
- Aerohive Developer Program
- NRF Media Alert
- Beverly’s Fabric & Crafts Case Study
- Wehkamp.nl Case Study
“One of the first things we noticed after deploying Aerohive at Beverly’s Fabric & Crafts is the superior coverage of the network,” said Brandon Ring, IT manager, Beverly’s Fabric & Crafts. “By leveraging the full features of Aerohive, including retail analytics that we hope to implement in the near future, we have a solid wireless infrastructure that covers all areas of our retail business, from marketing to inventory.”
“We expect that within ten years the Dutch consumer buys 50 percent of his purchases online,” said Robert Krahe, project manager ICT, wehkamp.nl. “With our new distribution center, we are prepared for these trends. A good, qualitative network solution is thereby absolutely indispensable. Our intention is to turn Aerohive into our own Wi-Fi solution brand within the whole company.”
“Rich location, presence, and monitoring data will transform marketing for sectors such as retail and restaurants,” said Andrea Calcagno, chief executive officer, Cloud4Wi. “With Aerohive Cloud Services APIs, we can develop the applications to leverage that data into actionable insights.”
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding new Aerohive product and service offerings and statements regarding their expected performance, market receptiveness and competitive advantage. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risk and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: our ability to continue to attract, integrate, retain and train skilled personnel, general demand for wireless networking in the industry verticals targeted or demand for Aerohive products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, risks associated with our growth, competitive pressures from existing and new companies, technological change, product development delays, our inability to protect Aerohive intellectual property or to predict or limit exposure to third party claims relating to its or Aerohive's intellectual property, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Aerohive’s financial and operating results are included under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," in the Company’s recent annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly report on Form 10-Q. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.aerohive.com and on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof, and Aerohive Networks disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE: HIVE) enables our customers to simply and confidently connect to the information, applications, and insights they need to thrive. Our simple, scalable, and secure platform delivers mobility without limitations. For our customers worldwide, every access point is a starting point. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” is a registered trademark of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.