Prince George’s County Department of Parks and Recreation Deploys Aerohive for Simplified Wi-Fi
Milpitas, Calif. — August 23, 2016 — Aerohive Networks® (NYSE:HIVE) today announced that Prince George’s County Parks and Recreation Department has deployed Aerohive access points, branch routers, and switches to deliver a diverse Wi-Fi solution across more than 100 sites, stretching more than 500 miles. The nationally recognized department established Wi-Fi without fiber connections to enable mobility and efficiency across multiple sites.
- The Prince George’s County Department of Parks and Recreation is part of the larger Maryland National Park & Planning Commission and has over 130 locations across the entire county, including parks, historical landmarks and properties, pools, golf facilities, rental properties, and many more sites for outdoor recreation and activities.
- The Department has won an unprecedented six National Gold Medals for excellence in parks and recreation management, and was most recently awarded the 2015 National Gold Medal Award. The Department employs over 1,500 full time workers and manages more than 27,000 acres of parkland over approximately 500 square miles.
- Drawn to the flexibility and the ease of deployment, the Department first installed an Aerohive pilot at the Prince George’s Sports and Learning Complex, which includes a fitness center, gymnastics facility, learning center, aquatic center, café and vending kiosks. This expansive facility was an excellent test of how robust and agile the Aerohive network solution would prove to be.
- Aerohive’s AP121, AP230, AP330, and AP170 access points are deployed throughout the Department, as well as SR2124 and SR2148 switches and BR100 and BR200 branch routers. Aerohive’s BR200 branch routers running on the Verizon network with embedded LTE are ideal at remote locations to enable network access. HiveManager® On-Premises was chosen for network management system.
- With over 30,000 unique visitors per month on its network, the Department is relying on a solution that can seamlessly expand and continue to provide features that create efficiency without sacrificing security or adding exorbitant cost. Many facilities across the county are using the wireless network in new ways, including the police department utilizing branch routers for license plate reader systems.
- To read the full Prince George’s County case study, please visit: http://www.aerohive.com/customers/Prince-Georges-County-Department-of-Parks-and-Recreation.html
- Prince George County Parks and Recreation Case Study
- Aerohive Networks Releases Secure Enterprise Wi-Fi Router with Embedded LTE to Run on the Verizon Network
- Remote Access Solutions
- Aerohive BR200 – LTE – VZ Router
“We are not only now able to roll out Wi-Fi connection everywhere, which just wasn’t possible previously, but we’re also able to deploy quickly without having a multitude of network policies to set up or requiring a technical guru on site,” said Will Rhodes, network administrator for Prince George’s County Parks and Recreation. “Aerohive enables us to provide mission-critical reliability at remote and rural locations. Having an LTE-enabled Wi-Fi solution has allowed greater mobility and efficiency and created cost efficiencies for Prince George’s County Parks and Recreation.”
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding new Aerohive product and service offerings and statements regarding their expected performance, market receptiveness and competitive advantage. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risk and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: our ability to continue to attract, integrate, retain and train skilled personnel, general demand for wireless networking in the industry verticals targeted or demand for Aerohive products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, risks associated with our growth, competitive pressures from existing and new companies, technological change, product development delays, our inability to protect Aerohive intellectual property or to predict or limit exposure to third party claims relating to its or Aerohive's intellectual property, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Aerohive’s financial and operating results are included under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," in the Company’s recent annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly report on Form 10-Q. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.aerohive.com and on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof, and Aerohive Networks disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE: HIVE) enables our customers to simply and confidently connect to the information, applications, and insights they need to thrive. Our simple, scalable, and secure platform delivers mobility without limitations. For our customers worldwide, every access point is a starting point. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Milpitas, CA. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, join our LinkedIn group, subscribe to our blog http://boundless.aerohive.com/, or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” and “HiveManager” are registered trademark of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.