SMARTRAC Deploys Aerohive Networks Solutions to Achieve Self-Service Mobility and Simplify Guest Registration
Aerohive's Innovative Wireless Infrastructure Makes It Easier to Manage Networks
Munich — February 17, 2016 — Aerohive Networks® (NYSE:HIVE) today announced its solutions have been selected by SMARTRAC, the world's leading RFID technology supplier. SMARTRAC will use Aerohive’s networking solutions to deliver secure, stable network access to the company's employees, guests and customers its locations worldwide. The new wireless infrastructure offers centralized network management and a simplified guest registration process.
- SMARTRAC is the world's leading supplier of RFID technology. Its solutions combine hardware-based products with innovative software to make the Internet of Things a reality.
- The company, which has locations around the world including in Germany, Thailand, the United States, Finland, and Malaysia, was seeking to update its network infrastructure with a new solution flexible enough to link different sites using standardized technology. The infrastructure would also need to meet the company’s high security standards and local regulatory requirements that vary site-to-site.
- SMARTRAC selected Aerohive for its stability, flexibility, and scalability. It uses Aerohive’s networking solutions to provide employees, guests, and customers with simpler, faster access to its network at any of its worldwide locations.
- Thanks to Aerohive’s HiveManager® network management system, SMARTRAC administrators at the Stuttgart IT center can now access numerous functions that make network management easier. For example, spectrum analysis helps rapidly identify and deal with potential WLAN interference. The applications filter also lets IT administrators limit or block the functionality of individual apps, or prioritize business-critical ones.
- SMARTRAC also uses Aerohive’s ID Manager, an enterprise guest and personal device access management system. With ID Manager’s self-registration portal, SMARTRAC has automated what used to be a time-consuming process: guest registration. SMARTRAC employees now have secure, automatic, and profile-based Wi-Fi access to the company network, regardless of their location.
“We looked for a WLAN solution that is stable, intuitive and has high availability", said Stefan Rickert, associate manager corporate IT infrastructure, SMARTRAC Technology Group. "We were also won over by HiveManager's wide-ranging functionality, and its ID Manager makes our lives much easier by allowing guests to self-register on the network. Unlike other manufacturers that anchor application filters to the central control unit, Aerohive shifts these to the access points. This is particularly useful for our system because it filters data locally at the access point before entering the network.”
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding new Aerohive product and service offerings and statements regarding their expected performance, market receptiveness and competitive advantage. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risk and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: our ability to continue to attract, integrate, retain and train skilled personnel, general demand for wireless networking in the industry verticals targeted or demand for Aerohive products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, risks associated with our growth, competitive pressures from existing and new companies, technological change, product development delays, our inability to protect Aerohive intellectual property or to predict or limit exposure to third party claims relating to its or Aerohive's intellectual property, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Aerohive’s financial and operating results are included under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," in the Company’s recent annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly report on Form 10-Q. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.aerohive.com and on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof, and Aerohive Networks disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
SMARTRAC is the world's leading supplier of RFID technology. Its solutions connect real objects with the digital world so they can be identified, authenticated and located. Its wide range of solutions includes automotive applications, automated and contactless payment systems, library and media management, retail, production, border control, logistics, public transportation, product identification, animal tagging, access control and many more. Research & development, production and sales are part of a global network. SMARTRAC solutions combine hardware-based products with innovative software to make the internet of things a reality. SMARTRAC is headquartered in Amsterdam. For more information, visit us at www.smartrac-group.com or follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/SMARTRAC_NV.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE: HIVE) enables our customers to simply and confidently connect to the information, applications, and insights they need to thrive. Our simple, scalable, and secure platform delivers mobility without limitations. For our customers worldwide, every access point is a starting point. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” and “HiveManager” are registered trademarks of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.