Aerohive Networks Hires Former Fortune 100 Technical Architect for Senior Wi-Fi Architect Role
Sunnyvale, Calif. —February 27, 2012 — Aerohive Networks, the pioneer in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-enabled networking, today announced that it has hired Andrew vonNagy, an accomplished multi-discipline computer networking professional with over 12 years of experience in the education and retail industries and author of the independent blog Revolution Wi-Fi, as a Senior Wi-Fi Architect to help serve as an internal customer advocate and contribute to the continual development of Aerohive's pioneering wireless LAN and networking product line.
- Andrew is a former Technical Architect for Target Corporation, a Fortune 100 retailer, where he was responsible for a global wireless network across thousands of stores and distribution centers, establishing and communicating IT infrastructure strategy to CIO and executive audiences, and developing strategic partner relationships to drive innovation.
- Andrew is a recognized wireless LAN networking expert, having achieved the industries two highest certifications, CCIE #28298 (Cisco Systems) and CWNE #84 (CWNP). He is also a former SANS Institute Mentor for the Security 617 - Assessing and Securing Wireless Networks course.
- In his spare time, Andrew writes about relevant Wi-Fi industry topics on the Revolution Wi-Fi blog and co-hosts the No Strings Attached Show podcast, which provides independent analysis on the wireless LAN market for technical audiences. He has also served as a technical editor for wireless LAN publications, including the upcoming CWNA Study Guide: 3rd Edition (ISBN #978-1118127797) and 802.11n: A Survival Guide (ISBN #978-1449312046).
- Andrew’s role will include customer advocacy for all Aerohive customers and potential customers and the continual enhancement of all Aerohive wireless and networking solutions.
- Follow Andrew vonNagy on Twitter @revolutionwifi
“I can't count the times I've heard the phrase, ‘RevolutionWiFi is my favorite blog’, and I happen to agree,” said Devin Akin, Chief Wi-Fi Architect, Aerohive Networks. “Andrew's participation to educating the Wi-Fi industry on the most important and complex Wi-Fi topics through his blog has been significant since the early days of 2010. His experience in designing and operating one of the largest, most complex Wi-Fi infrastructures in the world will be invaluable at Aerohive, and his enthusiasm for Aerohive's revolutionary technology is inspiring. We are extremely excited to have him joining our team as Sr. Wi-Fi Architect.”
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive Networks reduces the cost and complexity of today’s networks with cloud-enabled, distributed Wi-Fi and routing solutions for enterprises and medium sized companies including branch offices and teleworkers. Aerohive’s award-winning cooperative control Wi-Fi architecture, public or private cloud-enabled network management, routing and VPN solutions eliminate costly controllers and single points of failure. This gives its customers mission critical reliability with granular security and policy enforcement and the ability to start small and expand without limitations. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. The company's investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Northern Light Venture Capital and New Enterprise Associates, Inc. (NEA). For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog or become a fan on our Facebook page.