Aerohive simplifies enterprise networking by reducing the cost and complexity of today's networks.
Aerohive Networks Ships BR200 Router
BR200 Combines Secure Routing, VPN and Enterprise Wi-Fi in a Single Platform
Sunnyvale, Calif. — April 18, 2012 — Aerohive Networks™, the pioneer in cloud-enabled enterprise networking infrastructure, today announced the general availability of its newest addition to the Branch on Demand™ solution – the BR200. Building on the success of its BR100, announced last November, Aerohive’s BR200 ushers in an era of rapid time-to-revenue and operation for retail stores, long-term healthcare facilities, and mid-market and commercial enterprises with highly dispersed remote locations that have little to no IT support.
- Aerohive’s Branch on Demand solution leverages the Aerohive Cloud Services Platform to automate remote provisioning and deployment and provide enterprise class network visibility and remote remediation capabilities that would normally be expected in much more expensive and complex solutions. It also delivers HQ-like network experience and corporate policy enforcement to every user regardless of location or device at a cost that allows it to scale to hundreds or thousands of branch offices or remote locations. With the release of the BR200, retail outlets and larger enterprise branches for the first time have an ideal solution for rapid deployment of highly secure, repeatable branch networks.
The BR200 comes in two models: BR200 and the BR200-WP
- The BR200 provides LAN connectivity along with the feature-rich capabilities of HiveOS routing, including RADIUS server/proxy, secure wired access, and cloud-based management. It also supports the full Aerohive HiveOS enterprise suite, including VoIP QoS and Active Directory integration for authentication offload and resiliency at branch locations.
- The BR200-WP includes everything offered in the BR200 plus PoE (Power over Ethernet) and dual-band 3x3 802.11n Wi-Fi that supports 450Mbps per client, as well as support for legacy 802.11a/b/g devices without any loss in wireless performance or security.
- The BR200-WP includes integrated spectrum analysis and WIPS with no additional licensing fees. This gives a centralized administrator the ability to see any potential Wi-Fi interference or help do expansion planning, and ensures the access available at the branch locations remains secure and compliant with applicable standards. The fully-manageable PoE provides an administrator an easy way to centrally manage remotely-connected devices such as additional access points or VoIP phones, and the generous 30+ watt power budget allows for flexible deployment scenarios ranging from a telecommuter to an advanced branch office network.
- By combining secure routing and enterprise-class Wi-Fi in a single platform, the BR200 series provides essential networking and management capabilities to connect, secure, and manage branch offices. With the deep, feature-rich HiveOS routing at its core, fast roaming, user-based access control, fully stateful firewall policies, and additional security and RF networking features are all included without the need for a centralized or dedicated controller. Combining these award-winning capabilities with cloud-based services provides the BR200 the unique flexibility and ease of use to drastically reduce time-to-operation of large-scale branch rollouts.
- The BR200 easily combines with Aerohive Access Points to create a scalable and easily-managed branch office solution. Aerohive APs can be connected to the BR200 via Ethernet or by using the integrated, automatic wireless mesh functionality in HiveOS, and the devices will use Cooperative Control to form a hive allowing a single unified policy to dictate how and when users can connect via Ethernet or wireless – ensuring security regardless of how or where they connect.
Pricing and Availability
- The BR200 is shipping now and is available for $499 US list.
- The BR200-WP (with Wi-Fi and PoE) is shipping now and is available for $699 US list.
“Business agility demands that businesses of any size be able to put branches wherever needed, whenever needed, for as long as needed,” said John Burke, Principal Research Analyst at Nemertes Research. “Doing this scalably requires quick light-up, solid automation and policy enforcement, and robust remote support for secure and inexpensive branch networking.”
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive Networks reduces the cost and complexity of today’s networks with cloud-enabled, distributed Wi-Fi and routing solutions for enterprises and mid-market companies including branch offices and teleworkers. Aerohive’s award-winning cooperative control Wi-Fi architecture, public or private cloud-enabled network management, routing and VPN solutions eliminate costly controllers and single points of failure. This gives its customers mission critical reliability with granular security and policy enforcement and the ability to start small and expand without limitations. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. The company's investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Northern Light Venture Capital and New Enterprise Associates, Inc. (NEA). For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog or become a fan on our Facebook page.