Aerohive Selected as Exclusive Wi-Fi Partner for Lenovo’s Managed Services in China
Aerohive Provides Comprehensive, Managed Wi-Fi Solution for Leading Chinese Brand
Sunnyvale, Calif. — July 2, 2013 — Aerohive Networks®, the leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-enabled enterprise networking, today announced that Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) a leading brand in China and the world’s largest personal computer manufacturer, has selected Aerohive as its exclusive Wi-Fi partner for Lenovo Managed Services in China. This partnership helps Lenovo provide a comprehensive, managed Wi-Fi solution to its broad customer base across China.
- As Lenovo’s exclusive Wi-Fi partner for managed services in China, Aerohive enables Lenovo to meet the vast demand from its customer base for a robust, enterprise-class, scalable Wi-Fi solution.
- As IT challenges grow more and more complex, the global managed services market continues to show promise as enterprises turn to managed services for their IT needs. Founded in Beijing, Lenovo is one of the most trusted brands in China, offering a broad range of services through its Managed Services practice—now one of its fastest growing business units.
- The need for Wi-Fi as a managed service is rapidly growing. To meet this growing demand, Lenovo evaluated Wi-Fi products on the market in search for one that would satisfy its customers’ high expectations for deployment speed, reliability, and high performance. Ultimately, Lenovo selected Aerohive for its enterprise-class, cloud-based Wi-Fi solution.
- When evaluating Wi-Fi providers, Lenovo looked for ease of deployment, scalability and central cloud management – areas considered critical in providing managed services to meet the needs of today’s enterprises, and setting Aerohive’s unique, controller-less, cloud-enabled solutions apart from the competition.
- Aerohive’s robust, enterprise Wi-Fi architecture and HiveManager’s® multi-tenant capabilities – built specifically for managed services – enable IT administrators to manage across multiple accounts. The solution deploys in days versus months and can seamlessly scale from one device in a location to thousands of devices in a location, from one site to thousands of sites, and from one customer to thousands of customers.
- Aerohive’s distributed architecture means no single point of failure, enabling increased reliability. With central management from the cloud, this Wi-Fi partnership for China will help fuel the growth of one of Lenovo’s fastest growing business units.
- The Lenovo-Aerohive managed Wi-Fi solution is expected to be provided to Lenovo’s China customers across a broad range of industries, from education to healthcare to the enterprise, and to be supported by a nationwide network of Lenovo-trained support staff.
“Lenovo’s managed services unit continues to grow at rates that surpass even our highest expectations,” said Chris Yin, senior manager of product development at Lenovo. “After evaluating all available solutions, we selected Aerohive’s unique technology to meet this massive need from our customer base for a cost-effective Wi-Fi solution that can deploy fast, scale well and allow ease of management through central management from the cloud. As one of the most trusted technology brands in China, we can’t afford to provide our customers with anything less than the best, and Aerohive’s reliable solution allows us to do just that.”
“The demand for Wi-Fi as a managed service is becoming a global trend and one that we are well equipped to meet with the benefits of our unique cloud-based technology,” said Bill Hoppin, vice president of business development, Aerohive Networks. “To have been selected by a top global PC manufacturer to fuel the growth of one of its fastest growing business units is very exciting. Our breakthrough technology, combined with Lenovo’s extensive sales and support staff across China, will give customers easy access to the best possible managed infrastructure.”
About Aerohive Networks
People want to work anywhere, on any device, and IT needs to enable them -- without drowning in complexity or compromising on security, performance, reliability or cost. Aerohive's mission is to Simpli-Fi these enterprise access networks with a cloud-enabled, self-organizing, service-aware, identity-based infrastructure that includes innovative Wi-Fi, VPN, branch routing and switching solutions.
Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. The company's investors include Institutional Venture Partners (IVP), Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Lightspeed Venture Partners, New Enterprise Associates, Inc. (NEA) and Northern Light Venture Capital. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” is a registered trademark of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.