On February 27, 2017 the 2017 Form 471 Window opened. The window will close May 11, 2017 at 11:59:59. This means you have until April 13, 2017 at 11:59:59 to file your form 470.
Exclusive E-rate Offer!
Set up a meeting with an Aerohive E-rate expert and receive a trial* AP and switch.
- Learn about the 2017 E-rate program
- Learn how much funding you qualify for
- Learn how to enhance the overall learning experience with a robust WLAN network
- Receive a trial access point to test in your school's environment
*Entities eligible to participate in the federal E-rate program cannot receive free hardware; instead, Aerohive may offer those E-rate eligible organizations participating in Aerohive promotions Aerohive hardware for trial purposes only. This trial hardware is intended for testing purposes only and the value of the hardware cannot be used as a discount on any future Aerohive orders. Within a pre-set period (typically 90 days) the hardware will be automatically disabled, cannot be thereafter operated, and you are requested to return the hardware to Aerohive. For more details, please refer to the program Terms & Conditions.
Set up your 1:1 E-rate consultation today!
Complete the form below to request your appointment and trial AP and switch.
Important Updates and Breaking News
It's Not Too Late
Empowering Teachers with Technology for Learning
Learn How Two Schools Keep Kids Engaged with HiveSchool
Want More Webinars?
Additional Webinars Coming Soon!
Please Check Back Soon
Want to learn more about the E-rate process for Category 2 wireless services? In this video, Aerohive’s Senior Product Marketing Manager, Alexandra Gunther discusses a few important topics:
- Who is eligible for funding?
- How do you determine your Category 2 budget?
- What questions should you ask when evaluating wireless vendors?
- What are the funding mechanisms?
Click to Watch the Video
How to Apply for E-rate
You will need to have this information available to start the E-Rate process:
- What are your plans or goals for your E-rate Wi-Fi project?
- What is your District or School’s student enrollment?
- Use these tools to determine your E-rate discount percentage:
- Use the urban/rural online tool on the USAC site to determine your classification
- What is your total Wi-Fi budget for E-rate? Use the Aerohive online E-rate calculator
Next you must determine the size and scope of your project:
- Select the Aerohive solution that best fits your needs
- If you are submitting an RFP, use the Aerohive RFP template.
- USAC E-rate Forms
- Download Form 470
- Form 470 instructions
- For section 10, detail the equipment and services information discussed in Step 1 with your Aerohive E-rate team
- Attach your RFP if you are posting one
- Indicate if you will require site surveys or walk-through/onsite meeting for those bidding on your projects or services
- Follow the instructions closely to ensure the form is filled out accurately to avoid any processing delays
Once you file your Form 470, vendors have 28 days to bid on your project/service. The next step is to file your Form 471, which announces your chosen bidder & requested costs.
- USAC E-rate Forms
- Download Form 471
- Form 471 instructions - Follow the instructions closely to ensure the form is filled out accurately to avoid any processing delays
- Ensure sufficient time is allocated during these 28 days for walk-throughs, FAQ’s, RFP response review, and bid evaluation
- Require your chosen vendor to provide a prepopulated Item 21-B detailing the items & services of the project
- Expect multiple bids and use a scoring matrix to evaluate them
- Example matrix
During the Program Integrity Audit (PIA) process, your E-rate application forms & processes are reviewed for compliance. During the PIA process, you are issued a series of questions that you must respond to in 15 days or less. At the end of the PIA process, a Funding Commitment Decision Letter (FCDL) is sent to all parties detailing the funding status & amount.
- USAC PIA process information from USAC
- There are 15 days to respond to PIA questions but you can ask for a 1 week extension. Plan to do so if you need additional time.
- There will be a minimum of 2-4 questions but it can be as many as several 100
- Be readily available during this time period to spend time on responding to the PIA questions & make sure to communicate everything in writing by email so you have a record between yourself, the PIA reviewer & your vendors.
This phase determines how invoicing/funding occurs:
- 472 BEAR (Billed Entity Application Reimbursement): Using this invoice method, the school pays the vendor in full, then is reimbursed by USAC. In this case, the project can start as soon as April 1
- 474 SPI (Service Provider Invoice): Using this method, the vendor invoices the school and USAC directly for their designated portions. In this case, the project cannot start until July 1
Our Education Customers
We have a strong customer base of over 3,000 K-12 customers located throughout the United States
Take a Sneak Peek Inside HiveSchool
Virtual Class Dashboards
Teachers can see a visual and intuitive class dashboard showing what period or class it is and who is in class that day. They can also navigate to one of the four main tools available in the application.
View & Control Student Screens
Teachers can view student screens and also control what students are doing in their browser, including closing tabs on student computers if they are off task.
The “follow-me” feature allows the teacher or even another student to lead the class in a particular lesson to create a more collaborative learning environment. The rest of the class is forced to “follow” the lead device to a certain URL or lesson.
Teachers can also manage teaching resources and curriculum directly in the application.
Aerohive K-12 Education Deployment Guide
- Part 1: Planning
- Part 2: Wireless Access
- Part 3: Ethernet Switching
- Part 4: High-density Radio Profiles
- Part 5: Bonjour Gateway
- Queen Margaret’s School
- Cooperstown Central School District
- Palm Beach County School District
- Riverside Unified School District
- E-rate Overview
- K-12 Wi-Fi Buyer’s Guide
- Cloud-Managed Mobility Platform for Education
- BYOD and Beyond: How to Turn BYOD into Productivity
- Schools Graduate to Enterprise-Class Wi-Fi
- Seven Guidelines to Support Standardized Testing
- StudentManager & TeacherView