Aerohive Networks Launches Controller-Less Wi-Fi in Israel
InnoCom Appointed as Exclusive Distributor
SUNNYVALE, Calif., November 1, 2010 — Aerohive Networks, creators of the award-winning cooperative control wireless LAN (WLAN) architecture, today announced the launch of its operations in Israel, appointing Ethan Milgram as country manager, and InnoCom as its exclusive value add distributor.
Aerohive's expansion reflects a growing demand for its next generation controller-less WLAN architecture, which offers high-performance, scalable and cost-effective Wi-Fi connectivity for the enterprise.
Aerohive is exhibiting at InnoCom Expo starting today November 1st, at which Senior Systems Engineer, Phil Keeley, will be presenting 'Wireless 2.0: The controller-less WLAN Architecture'.
- Appointment of Ethan Milgram, country manager, to facilitate growing demand for next generation WLAN. Milgram will be supporting customers and partners in the implementation of Aerohive's WLAN solution, and developing its regional channel network.
- Appointment of InnoCom as Aerohive's exclusive distributor in Israel. InnoCom will provide technical training, project management and implementation support to channel partners.
- Unlike traditional WLAN architectures, Aerohive's unique cooperative control HiveAPs require no network controllers or overlay networks. Instead, software in the HiveAPs enables them to self-organise into groups called Hives. The result is a secure multi-service WLAN infrastructure able to support a vast array of wireless devices, application types and service levels, with faster client performance, wire-like resilience and lower capital and operational costs.
- Aerohive's cooperative control architecture with its unique, stateful state-of-the-art high availability and path resiliency and mesh redundancy ensures that the traffic always flows without the need or expense associated with deploying a redundant infrastructure. The architecture's distributed intelligence and best-path forwarding ensure that the data path is always optimized for the lowest latency possible.
- Aerohive's Cooperative Control WLAN architecture provides all of the benefits of a controller based WLAN, yet is more reliable and easier to deploy - all at a lower cost and with higher performance than traditional WLAN architectures.
"Wireless is pervasive in Israel but, more often than not, the poor performance and high management costs of traditional WLAN infrastructures means Wi-Fi is used only as an occasional back-up or 'hotspot' network," said Ethan Milgram, country manager, Aerohive.
"Aerohive's next generation controller-less architecture challenges this perception. Its unique structure delivers resilience and performance equal to Ethernet, the controller-less architecture enables 'pay-as-you-grow' scalability, and our central HiveManager platform significantly reduces operational management costs.
"Aerohive is enabling enterprises worldwide to deploy wireless as the primary network connection, and now we have the opportunity to provide businesses in Israel with the same flexibility and workplace mobility, at a compelling price point."
"InnoCom has a tradition of successfully bringing next generation technologies to the Israeli market, and we are delighted to now do so in the wireless space," said Jonathan Gad, CEO, InnoCom. "With Aerohive, our partners and customers have an alternative WLAN solution which is both technically superior, and significantly more cost-effective than the established 'industry giants. We look forward to making Aerohive the success we believe it can be."
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive unleashes the potential of enterprise Wi-Fi, enabling customers to stop buying copper, to move applications to the air, and to maximize workforce productivity. The company's award-winning cooperative architecture eliminates costly controllers, saving money and providing unprecedented resiliency, up to 10X better application performance, and an opportunity to start small and expand without limitations. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. The company's investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Northern Light Venture Capital. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100 or follow us on Twitter @Aerohive.