Aerohive simplifies enterprise networking by reducing the cost and complexity of today's networks.
Boise School District Installs Aerohive Networks Access Points for Easy to Manage, Affordable District Wide Wi-Fi Needs
SUNNYVALE, Calif., February, 15, 2011 - Aerohive Networks, creators of the award-winning cooperative control wireless LAN (WLAN) architecture, today announced that Boise School District, located in Boise, ID, implemented an Aerohive WLAN solution over competitors such as Cisco because it is easier to manage and a lot more affordable.
Boise School District is made up of five high schools, eight junior high schools and 33 elementary schools. The school district also includes specialty locations, such as an elementary school turned into an ELL (English Language Learning) program site.
Boise School District serves approximately 28,000 people and is comprised of 25,000 students and 3,000 faculty and staff, strewn across 50-plus locations.
- One of the primary drivers for Boise School District to install a WLAN solution was to curtail the use of off the shelf, unsanctioned and unmanaged Wi-Fi access points (APs).
- Prior to its Aerohive deployment, Boise Schools had been a strictly Cisco shop. However, the Cisco wireless option was prohibitively expensive when compared with Aerohive’s cost structure and features. Boise also considered WLAN vendors Xirrus, Motorola, Aruba, Meru and Adtran before making the final decision to go with Aerohive.
- The Boise School District was looking at deploying five to 25 APs per location across 50-plus sites. Over the next five to six years, the ultimate goal is to have general Wi-Fi coverage at every site.
- Boise is already seeing positive results from its Aerohive deployment. It is using Aerohive's HiveManager Network Management System (NMS) to securely manage the deployment of all the Aerohive APs, and traffic, from a single location as planned.
- To read the full Boise School District case study, please visit http://aerohive.com/resources/casestudy/Boise.html
"Compared with other WLANs, Aerohive was far less complicated. It's easy to configure and forget it," said Bruce McCosh, Infrastructure Technician, Boise School District. "I only have so many hours in the day, and so Aerohive's simplicity of use was very appealing to me."
We have historically been an exclusive Cisco shop, but when I looked at all the options, all of the Cisco APs and controllers, it came down to a financial decision. For the full district-wide deployment, an all-Aerohive solution made the best economic sense, concluded McCosh.”
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive unleashes the potential of enterprise Wi-Fi, enabling customers to stop buying copper, to move applications to the air, and to maximize workforce productivity. The company's award-winning cooperative architecture and cloud-based network management eliminate costly controllers, saves money and provides unprecedented resiliency, up to 10X better application performance, and an opportunity to start small and expand without limitations. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. The company's investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Northern Light Venture Capital. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog or become a fan on our Facebook page.