The "Father of 802.11" Bob O'Hara Discusses the Evolution of Wireless LANs with the Farpoint Group's Craig Mathias in Three-Part Video Podcast Series
Episode One, "Controller vs. Controller-Less Wireless LANs," Now Available
CHICAGO, HIMSS09 CONFERENCE AND EXPO, Apr. 14, 2009 — Aerohive Networks, creators of the award-winning cooperative wireless LAN (WLAN) architecture, today announced "An Expert Opinion", a three-part video podcast series featuring wireless LAN industry pioneer Bob O'Hara and the Farpoint Group's Craig Mathias. O'Hara, co-founder of Airespace, is widely regarded as the "Father of 802.11" for his significant role in the creation of the original 802.11 standard and for his continued leadership in the evolution and advancement of subsequent wireless standards. Craig Mathias, founder of the Farpoint Group, is one of the best-known and most-respected analysts in the wireless industry. Episode One of this video podcast series, "Controller vs. Controller-Less Wireless LANs," is now available at http://www.aerohive.com/resources?tab=5.
- Episode One: "Controller vs. Controller-Less Wireless LANs". O'Hara and Mathias discuss and debate wireless LAN architectures and, specifically, the differences between controller-based and controller-less environments.
- Episode Two: "Innovations in Wireless LANs". O'Hara and Mathias will explore the latest developments, including Voice over Wireless LAN, mesh networking, and 802.11n.
- Episode Three: "Scalable Wireless LANs for Mission-Critical Applications". Wireless LAN scalability requirements for mission-critical applications will be discussed, including elements that affect scalability, such as performance, resiliency, and management.
"Bob's pioneering work in the wireless LAN industry makes him the ideal candidate to discuss and debate the evolution of wireless LANs," said Craig Mathias, principal, Farpoint Group. "I found our conversation fascinating, and everyone involved in the wireless LAN industry will find these interviews with Bob O'Hara educational, enlightening, and energizing."
- Video Podcast Series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCZvs2KSwOI
- Bob O'Hara Biography: http://www.aerohive.com/company/advisors#o'hara
- Aerohive Networks' Website: http://www.aerohive.com
- Farpoint Group's Website: http://www.farpointgroup.com
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive Networks' cooperative control enterprise wireless LAN architecture provides all the management, mobility, and security of controller-based architectures without the cost, capacity, performance, and availability issues associated with controller deployments. The architecture also scales easily to support 802.11n. In addition, Aerohive solutions provide the reliability and scalability necessary for mission-critical networks and are optimized for voice over wireless LAN (VoWLAN) applications. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. The company's investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Northern Light Venture Capital. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com or call 408-510-6100.