Last Modified October 23, 2009
Aerohive values the privacy of our customers, prospects and others who visit and use the Aerohive Site and/or Products (individually, "You" or collectively, "Users"). We take your privacy seriously and make it a priority to protect personally identifiable information that we obtain from and about individuals both online and off-line.
- the web site or web pages located at http://www.aerohive.com/ or any other website or web pages operated by Aerohive (together and individually called the "Aerohive Site" or the "Site"),
- the Aerohive WLAN System including, HiveManager, HiveManager Online, HiveAPs and GuestManager ("Products"), and
- the features and services available through the Products and/or the Site (the "Service")
so you can make an informed decision about using the Products and/or the Site.
Information Aerohive Collects
- User Provided Information. When you register and set up an account, use the Products, and/or use or visit the Site, or contact us by e-mail or other means for any reason, you may provide to Aerohive what is generally called "personally identifiable" information (such as your name, password, company, email address, postal mailing address, work/mobile telephone number). In addition, from time to time we may collect job function, contact or other company information you provide in connection with your participation in surveys, sweepstakes, contests, games, promotional offers, and other activities on the Products and/or the Site.
The Way Aerohive Uses and Discloses Information
- User and Network Configuration and Anonymous Aggregated Data. In general, Aerohive uses personal information with explicit permission from You (e.g., to assist in the event of a support call) or in its anonymous form. Anonymous data is information (originally personally identifiable or non-personally identifiable) that subsequently is used in aggregate form. Although anonymous data may be based in part on personal data, it does not identify you personally. We may collect anonymous data whether or not you are a registered customer of Aerohive. We and/or third parties that are providing services in connection with the Site may use anonymous data for a number of purposes, including research or analysis on our customer demographics, internet usage, and interests and behavior. With certain Products, you may opt out of Aerohive's use of such personal information in its anonymous form.
Aerohive may use personal information we collect to process your requests or transactions, to provide you with information or services you request, to inform you about other information, events, promotions, products or services we think will be of interest to you, to facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Products and/or the Site, and for the purpose for which the information was provided. For example, we may use the information we collect:
- to send you a welcoming email and to contact you about your use of the Products and/or the Site, to provide other services, products or information you request and to complete any transactions in connection therewith;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, comments, requests or complaints;
- to request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve the Products and/or the Site and our publications, products and services;
- to contact you about our products, activities, special events or offers and for other marketing, informational, product development and promotional purposes; and
- for the specific purpose for which the information was provided.
- Aerohive may use "cookies" or clear gif information for a number of reasons related to the Products and/or the Site, including to: (a) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use the Products and/or visit the Aerohive Site; (b) provide customized third-party advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor the effectiveness of third-party marketing campaigns; (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (e) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
- You understand that Aerohive may have legitimate business reasons to share personally identifiable information with Aerohive's employees, agents and contractors. We may share your personally identifiable information with companies that provide services to us, including outside contractors or agents who help us manage our information activities (for example, contest and sweepstakes administration), but they may only use your personally identifiable information to provide us with a specific service and not for any other purpose.
- We may disclose personal information in the good faith belief that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so, or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or with legal process or authorities, respond to any claims, or to protect the rights, property or safety of the Site and/or the Products, our users, our employees or the public, including without limitation to protect Aerohive or our users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate or unlawful use of our Site and/or our Products.
- You understand that when you use the Products and/or the Site, information you post in your profile and in groups, forums and other interactive areas of the Products and/or Site will be available to other users and in some cases may be publicly available. We recommend you be cautious in giving out personal information to others or sharing such information in public online forums.
- We may disclose personal information in connection with the reorganization, reincorporation, merger or sale of Aerohive's relevant assets or business.
How Aerohive Protects Information
- Aerohive uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Aerohive, and you do so at your own risk and this is not a guarantee that such information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of Aerohive's physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
- If Aerohive learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically through the contact information that you have provided to Aerohive so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Aerohive may also post a notice on the Products and/or the Aerohive Site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Choices You Have Regarding The Use Of Your Personal Information
- You may, of course, decline to share your personally-identifiable information with Aerohive, in which case Aerohive will not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found in the Products and/or on the Aerohive Site. If you register as a customer of Aerohive, you may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by emailing us at privacy@Aerohive.com.
- To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE SECRECY OF YOUR UNIQUE PASSWORD AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION AT ALL TIMES.
Links To Other Websites
Aerohive Contact Information
Attention: Privacy Officer
330 Gibraltar Drive
Sunnyvale, CA 94089