Aerohive simplifies enterprise networking by reducing the cost and complexity of today's networks.
Aerohive AP340 802.11n Wireless Access Point
The AP340 provides high-performance, dual concurrent (2.4GHz and 5GHz) 802.11n, 3x3 MIMO as well as dual 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports. The AP340 adds support for redundant power (Power over Ethernet) as well.
Dual Ethernet ports allow the access points to use link aggregation to bond 100Mbps links or ensure reliability with redundant links. This allows the performance advantage of dual radio 802.11n to be seen even when connected through legacy 10/100 switches. When connected to two separate switches, the dual links can be used for redundant data connectivity in case one of the switches fails.
The AP340 is rated for extended temperature ranges, and designed for locations such as warehouses, industrial environments, distribution centers, and other areas where you would require extended temperature range or the ability to support different antennas.
Features & Benefits
- Flexible environmental support enabling deployment in a variety of environments
- Plenum rated for indoor, office environments, and an outdoor enclosure accessory that enables deployment of 802.11n throughout a campus or enterprise deployment
- Rated for extended temperature range, enabling deployment in warehouses, outdoors, or other settings where temperatures vary
- Dual Ethernet and Power over Ethernet (PoE) support allows for redundant data and power
- Supports 802.3af PoE so deployment does not require access to power outlet
- Dual Concurrent Radios (a/b/g/n) able to function in a mixed client environment at either 2.4 or 5 GHz
- Variety of mounting options including wall mount, suspended mount, plenum mount, and ceiling tile clips; outdoor accessory has option of pole mount
- Low-distraction indicators appear as softly glowing color bands, rather than brightly blinking lights
- Trusted Platform Module hardware-based key storage and encryption to ensure physical security
- Up to 16 SSIDs per radio – enabling network segmentation
For a simple and cost-effective solution for outdoor enterprise 802.11n deployments, Aerohive offers an outdoor accessory for the AP340. With internal thermal management, sunshield and NEMA4X water resistance rating, the outdoor enclosure is designed to enable the AP340 to be deployed in outdoor and harsh indoor environments. The outdoor enclosure features industry standard outdoor Type-N RF connectors and can be installed using flexible wall or pole mounting options.