Next-generation solution for on-boarding and management of guest and employee personal devices.Datasheet Evaluate & Buy
Guest Access is Aerohive’s enterprise-grade solution for management of guest and employee personal devices. It helps reduce workload for IT departments in corporate and education organizations, through automated self-service workflows for device-onboarding. Secure, profile-based network access is enabled through Aerohive’s unique private Pre-Shared Keys (PPSK) technology. And APIs and reference applications let customers integrate device-onboarding capabilities into existing business systems, to create customized workflows and improve process efficiencies. Guest Access is available as a cloud-based and on-premises deployment option.
- Self-service mobility reduces IT workload
- Unique Private Pre-Shared Keys (PPSK) for secure, personalized management of guest and personal devices
- A variety of intuitive workflows accommodate different on-boarding scenarios
Credential Creation and Distribution
- Captive Web Portal Workflows for self-registration of employees and guests. The CWP can be customized to match customer branding and logos with support for 5 languages (EFIGS).
- Profile-based network access: Guest and employee profiles are fully configurable, allowing IT to determine not only where the device can access the network but when and for how long. Configuration options include data and time limits per profile.
- Credential distribution: once credentials are created using one of the self-service workflows, they can be distributed via email, printed cards or SMS. Customizable SMS and email templates are available, with support for multiple templates.
- Aerohive’s Private Pre-Shared Keys provide individual, secure keys that provide an experience similar to 802.1X certificates, but without the associated deployment complexity and cost.
- Guest Access is integrated into the HiveManager NG platform to provide single-pane-of-glass management and control.
- Cloud-based deployment in the Aerohive Cloud (requires HiveManager NG Public Cloud).
- On-premises deployment in a datacenter (requires HiveManager NG VA).
- See HiveManager NG datasheet for additional information.
- Support for multiple guest and employee user profiles.
- Integrates existing RADIUS authentication systems to streamline deployments and meet compliance mandates
- Customizable account lifetimes (Time limit after first use of credentials • Time after creation • Expiration at fixed time of day • Defined start and end time)
- Authentication interface (RadSec (RFC 6614) for secure transport of authentication requests • RADIUS for third-party network access clients)
Features & Benefits
- Robust set of features that allows corporate and education organizations to securely manage network access for their guests.
- Aerohive’s unique private Pre-Shared Keys (PPSK) provide a superior solution to PSK that are frequently used for guest access despite offering very little security
- Leverages HiveManager NG guest profiles with defined network access rights for different categories of guests and employees
- Captive Web Portal Workflows for self-service onboarding
- APIs and two reference applications support additional workflows: Kiosk application (iOS-iPad) for guest self-provisioning and Guest Check-In application for receptionists (HTML5)
Flexibility and Ease-of-Use
- Intuitive workflows designed for non-technical users enable employees and visitors to participate in the on-boarding effort and virtually eliminate the need to involve IT.
- Effective self-service on-boarding helps reduce IT workload.
- Streamlined set-up enables Captive Web Portal configuration in a few clicks, with optional advanced settings for specific needs.
- A variety of workflows (Captive Web Portal, stand alone applications) are included and accommodate different on-boarding scenarios and organizational needs.
APIs and Reference Applications
- Support for customers who desire advanced and customized Access functionality.
- Enables integration of Access features into existing business systems to create tailored workflows.
- A comprehensive set of REST APIs provides functionality for creating and distributing user credentials.
- Three reference applications illustrate workflows and shorten time-to-deployment.
Featured Guest Access Videos