HiveManager NG Virtual Appliance
Next generation enterprise-class network management solutionDatasheet Evaluate & Buy
HiveManager NG Virtual Appliance is a new deployment option for HiveManager NG. Instead of using Aerohive’s Cloud Services Platform, customers have the flexibility to deploy the HiveManager NG Virtual Appliance on-premises as a single virtual machine.
- Streamlined user experience
- Simplified troubleshooting
- Operational intelligence
Recommended VMWare Specifications
- VMware vCenter 5.5 or better
- VMware vSphere Client
- For high availability capability, vSphere Essentials Plus kit is required
- Customer self-service sign-up
- Minimum processor: 2x Quad Core CPUs or better
- Minimum memory: 24 GB total
- Minimum disk: 240 GB 15K RPM SAS 6 GB
Features of HiveManager NG
Simplified deployment workflow and seamless transition from demo to production.
- Customer self-service sign-up
- Guided workflow for network policy deployment
- Interactive on-screen step-by-step guided configuration help
- RF planner with map import and export
- Ability to swap simulated APs with real Aerohive APs on RF planner map
- Devices automatically connect to HiveManager NG for provisioning
- Devices auto-provision with network policy and firmware updates
Granular and streamlined device and network configuration.
- Device templates for switches and APs
- Aerohive device as RADIUS server
- Centralized view of all configuration objects
- Ability to bulk edit device properties
- Ability to schedule firmware upgrade
- Bonjour gateway support
- Command Line Interface access to Aerohive devices
- Local user management with automatic private PSK
- Captive web portal for user login
- Active directory/LDAP
- Syslog SNMP server configuration
- Ability to backup and restore objects inventory and configuration
Context-aware user policies with granular and flexible control enable IT to deliver an optimized end-user experience.
- Device classification by location
- Customer application definition
- Client classification by location, OS type, MAC address
- Multiple user profiles for each SSID
- Time-based firewall and QoS policy
- Application, network, and MAC Layer firewall policy rules
- WIPS policy for rogue AP detection and mitigation
Dashboard with contextual filters and time range slider enables monitoring of network from assets, health status, data usage and security standpoints.
- KPI status cards & widgets with drill down capabilities
- Time range slider on dashboard for historical view
- 360 views of any Aerohive network policy, AP, client device, user and applications
- Global search function by network policy, MAC address, serial number, user or application name
- 7 days of historic monitoring and reporting data
- Interactive Network Summary Report with easy sharing
- Savable contextual filters by location, SSID, policy, user profile, and client OS type
Real-time and historical view of devices, clients, alarms and events. Ability to take informed action on devices immediately from the monitor interface.
- Drill down capability from client list to client 360 view
- Device list with rich utilities for advanced configuration and investigation
- Real time Client List with SNR, RSSI, data usage and connection status
- Savable and reusable filters shared across dashboard and monitor
- Alarm and event lists with historical and real-time data
- Maps API
- Rogue AP and rogue client monitoring
- Comprehensive Health View
Help-desk optimized interface to triage historical and real-time client problems with actionable data for resolution. Reduce escalation and provide better end-user experience.
- Help-desk optimized interface with problem summary and suggested remedy
- Dedicated Helpdesk user role for simple access management
- Real-time troubleshooting with probe messages and stage filters
- Historical troubleshooting with automatically detected issues
- Mark issue resolved or escalate issue with email notification
- Built-in command line interface
- RADIUS test
- AP technical data download
Security and Privacy
- Role-based access control
- Customer and network data is private and secure
- No customer data traverses Aerohive’s network
Supported Hardware Platform
- AP120, AP121, AP130, AP141, AP170, AP230, AP250, AP320, AP330, AP340, AP350, AP370, AP390, AP1130
- SR2024P, SR2124P, SR2148P, SR2208P, SR2224P, SR2324P, SR2348P
Try HiveManager NG
Plan, configure, and deploy a complete network using HiveManager NG.
Take a Sneak Peek Inside HiveManager NG
Powerful dashboard with contextual filters and time range slider provides current and historical view, insights into applications, trend of client count, device data usage, and ability to drilldown to 360 degree views of network policy, single device, application, client and user.
Help-desk optimized troubleshooting interface enables historical and real-time troubleshooting, provides problem summary and suggested remedy, reduces problem escalation, and provides better service experience to end users.
Centralized network management with unified policy and monitoring for access points and switches with context-aware user policies.
Streamlined device and network configuration with task-based policy workflows enable configuration of a mobility network from sign-up to deployment within 15 minutes.