HiveManager NG Public Cloud
Advanced cloud network management solution enables true enterprise mobilityDatasheet Try HiveManager NG
HiveManager NG is Aerohive’s next-generation cloud network management solution. With advanced features, it sets a new standard for simplicity and flexibility in unified networking by combining streamlined configuration workflows, real-time client and event monitoring, simplified troubleshooting, versatile RF planner tools and API integrations. HiveManager NG truly provides a platform for a next-generation network focused on mobility.
- Visual, intuitive user experience
- Application visibility and control
- Enhanced security and user access control
- Simplified troubleshooting
- Operational intelligence
Simplified deployment workflow and seamless transition from demo to production.
- Customer self-service sign-up
- Guided workflow for network policy deployment
- Interactive on-screen step-by-step guided configuration help
- RF planner with map import and export
- Ability to swap simulated APs with real Aerohive APs on RF planner map
- Devices automatically connect to HiveManager NG for provisioning
- Devices auto-provision with network policy and firmware updates
Granular and streamlined device and network configuration.
- Device templates for switches and APs
- Aerohive device as RADIUS server
- Centralized view of all configuration objects
- Ability to bulk edit device properties
- Ability to schedule firmware upgrade
- Bonjour gateway support
- Command Line Interface access to Aerohive devices
- Local user management with automatic private PSK
- Captive web portal for user login
- Active directory/LDAP
- Syslog SNMP server configuration
- Ability to backup and restore objects inventory and configuration
Centralized Policy Management
Context-aware user policies with granular and flexible control enable IT to deliver an optimized end-user experience.
- Device classification by location
- Customer application definition
- Client classification by location, OS type, MAC address
- Multiple user profiles for each SSID
- Time-based firewall and QoS policy
- Application, network, and MAC Layer firewall policy rules
- WIPS policy for rogue AP detection and mitigation
Dashboard with contextual filters and time range slider enables monitoring of network from assets, data usage and security standpoints.
- Graphical widgets and status cards with drill down capabilities
- Time range slider on dashboard for historical view
- 360 views of any Aerohive network policy, AP, client device, user and applications
- Global search function by network policy, MAC address, serial number, user or application name
- 7 days of historic monitoring and reporting data
- Interactive Network Summary Report with easy sharing
- Savable contextual filters by location, SSID, policy, user profile, and client OS type
Monitoring and Troubleshooting
Real-time and historical view of devices, clients, alarms and events. Ability to take informed action on devices immediately from the monitor interface.
- Drill down capability from client list to client 360 view
- Device list with rich utilities for advanced configuration and investigation
- Real time Client List with SNR, RSSI, data usage and connection status
- Savable and reusable filters shared across dashboard and monitor
- Alarm and event lists with historical and real-time data
- Maps API
- Rogue AP and rogue client monitoring
- Multi-tenancy capability to manage multiple customer accounts from a single management interface
Help-desk optimized interface to triage historical and real-time client problems with actionable data for resolution. Reduce escalation and provide better end-user experience.
- Help-desk optimized interface with problem summary and suggested remedy
- Dedicated Helpdesk user role for simple access management
- Real-time troubleshooting with probe messages and stage filters
- Historical troubleshooting with automatically detected issues
- Mark issue resolved or escalate issue with email notification
- Built-in command line interface
- RADIUS test
- AP technical data download
Security and Privacy
- Role-based access control
- Customer and network data is private and secure
- No customer data traverses Aerohive’s network
- Data centers with SOC Type II compliance (formerly SAS Type II)
- High availability with disaster recovery and redundancy
- Scheduled backups
- 24x7 monitoring
Supported Hardware Platform
- AP120, AP121, AP122, AP130, AP141, AP170, AP230, AP245x, AP250, AP320, AP330, AP340, AP350, AP370, AP390, AP550, AP1130
- SR2024P, SR2124P, SR2148P, SR2208P, SR2224P, SR2324P, SR2348P
HiveManager NG Datasheet (690 KB)
Cloud Services Platform SLA Datasheet (141 KB)
HiveManager NG Cloud Services Platform Upgrade Policy (167 KB)
HiveManager NG Solution Brief (700 KB)
The Benefits of Cloud Networking White Paper (316 KB)
Features of HiveManager NG
Intuitive, visual dashboard with contextual filters for a comprehensive overview of network assets, health status, application and data usage as well as user activity.
Configuration and deployment of an enterprise-grade network in 15 minutes
- Create and deploy network policies with guided workflows
- Simplified configuration workflow with 4 main steps
- Additional configuration with advanced options are available
View and control application usage on your network
- Supports 1000s of professional and recreational applications
- Dashboard presents summary widgets for quick review
- Drill down options by users, usage, location, AP
- Control application availability by user group, by time of day or block entirely
- “Application 360” View: summary view of applications across users and locations
Advanced features enable contextualized monitoring and reporting
- Monitoring of network devices, clients, application usage
- 360° Device, Client and User summary views and a visual dashboard for intuitive, contextualized monitoring
- Filtering options by time ranges and location
- Detailed views of devices and clients (status and activity)
- Customizable reports, using filters and time ranges
Help-desk optimized troubleshooting with actionable data for resolution
- Network Health Assessment
- Automatic data collection
- Real-time and historical investigative tools
- Problem summaries and suggested remedies
Try HiveManager NG
Plan, configure, and deploy a complete network using HiveManager NG.
Take a Sneak Peek Inside HiveManager NG
Powerful dashboard with contextual filters and time range slider provides current and historical view, insights into applications, trend of client count, device data usage, and ability to drilldown to 360 degree views of network policy, single device, application, client and user.
Help-desk optimized troubleshooting interface enables historical and real-time troubleshooting, provides problem summary and suggested remedy, reduces problem escalation, and provides better service experience to end users.
Centralized network management with unified policy and monitoring for access points and switches with context-aware user policies.
Streamlined device and network configuration with task-based policy workflows enable configuration of a mobility network from sign-up to deployment within 15 minutes.
HiveManager Connect is the network management component of our Aerohive Connect offering.
It leverages Aerohive's industry-first cooperative control Wi-Fi architecture and is focused on optimizing speed and resilience. HiveManager Connect leverages the power of cloud-networking to provide enterprise-grade network management functionality. It includes everything needed to plan, configure and deploy a connectivity-focused Wi-Fi network, and monitor it in day-to-day operations.
Planning Tools – RF planner with Google Maps make it simple to design and monitor your Wi-Fi environment
Guided Configuration – Step-by-step configuration and intuitive network management makes anyone an instant Wi-Fi guru.
Auto Provisioning – Access Points automatically connect to management platform and download latest configuration and firmware, reducing operational complexity.
Aerohive Connect customers can seamlessly upgrade to the advanced HiveManager solutions.
Not sure which solution is right for you? Refer to the feature comparison on the right, or contact your Aerohive representative.
Click Image to Enlarge
Cloud Services Platform
HiveManager NG is housed in Aerohive’s Cloud Services Platform, which is our globally distributed, cloud-based infrastructure that delivers network management and mobility applications giving customers a single, unified and contextual view of the mobile-centric network edge. The Cloud Services Platform is hosted in secure Tier IV SAS 70 Type II data centers, with scheduled backups and disaster recovery capabilities.
Aerohive’s Cloud Services Platform enables scalable, secure, and reliable network applications by taking advantage of the cloud while also preserving an unmatched level of flexibility often associated with on-premises solutions. Customers can still decide what to run, when to upgrade and comply with network operation policies.