BR100 Branch Router
The Aerohive BR100 packs “work anywhere” mobility, enterprise routing, and security into one compact device.
Administrators need only set up a single configuration for remote devices via the familiar HiveManager interface; when the BR100 branch router is plugged in, it discovers the HiveManager automatically, and configuration is pushed to it. The BR100 enables administrators to run a thousand remote office VPNs as easily as a single location.
In addition to 802.11n WiFi, the BR100 supports multiple SSIDs and VLANs shared across wired and wireless interfaces, which can be configured in a number of ways to handle any small office/teleworker requirements. One SSID can be dedicated for employee access using 802.1X, for example, while another is used for guest access where devices are using a pre-shared key. Four 10/100 LAN ports are also configurable and can share a VLAN with a wireless SSID, as well as be protected by a Captive Web Portal or 802.1X.
The BR100 can be provisioned in several different ways, for maximum convenience and cost effectiveness. Organizations may choose to purchase the BR100 outright, and deploy/manage the devices as usual. Or the BR100 can be enabled via the innovative Branch on Demand. This subscription includes the BR100 support and a subscription to Aerohive’s HiveManager Online, for the ultimate in flexibility.
Since most of the traffic generated at branch or remote locations is destined for the Internet, Aerohive’s patent-pending Cloud Proxy automatically diverts that traffic through a cloud-based web security service, vastly reducing bandwidth costs by eliminating the need to route branch, remote office or mobile-user traffic back to a central location for filtering.
Features & Benefits
Layer 3 IPSec VPN
- Enables remote users to connect authenticated devices to corporate resources
- Eliminates the need for IPSec or SSL VPN software on each device
Wired/Wireless Access and Control
- Single centralized management console guarantees identical security, identity, and network access policy across wireless or wired ports
- Patent-pending Cloud Proxy automatically diverts Internet-bound HTTP traffic through cloud-based web security service
- Reduces bandwidth cost
Network Flow-based Stateful Firewall
- Enforces policy at the network level via a combination of user identity and very granular mobile device management.
- Access based on who they are and the type of device that they are using.
- One year subscription enables flexible deployment of branch routers without CAPEX