HiveManager Network Management
HiveManager is an out-of-band Network Management System (NMS) for simple policy configuration, firmware upgrades, and monitoring of up to thousands of Aerohive 802.11n access points, switches, and routers. A revolutionary new user-interface makes it easy and intuitive to create and deploy unified LAN and WLAN policies across your entire network.
HiveManager offers real-time topology, performance, and client information to simplify troubleshooting, capacity planning, and security remediation of networks application. HiveManager also enables access policies based on identity, application, and device type. Because it is not essential to the flow of traffic, losing connectivity to HiveManager will not affect any control or data forwarding features of your Aerohive devices.
HiveManager greatly simplifies deployment. There is no pre-staging or configuration necessary to connect Aerohive devices in any location to their HiveManager, which makes it ideal for distributed deployments. HiveManager enables administrators to establish a configuration once, via the central HiveManager instance. This configuration is automatically provided to the Aerohive AP access point, switch, or router when the device is initially plugged in and connected to HiveManager. This functionality makes managing thousands of devices as easy as managing a single device.
- Deploy HiveManager as a 1U rack-mountable appliance,
- a VMware virtual instance,
- or a Software-as-a-Service offering in the Cloud. (See HiveManager Online)
All of the HiveManager platforms support two modes: Express Mode, which is a simplified version of the interface designed to make initial deployment and training simple and quick; and, Enterprise Mode, which includes an extensive object-based management system and full feature support. Customers can easily migrate an Express Mode deployment to Enterprise Mode at any point when additional features or flexibility are required.
Features & Benefits
- Customizable dashboard with application visibility and control based on user identity
- Unified policy, configuration, and reporting with contextual awareness for wireless, routing, switching, VPN, IP address management, and security policies
- Streamlined Express mode designed for Wi-Fi networking deployments
- Advanced Enterprise mode which supports larger organizations with sophisticated policy requirements
- Integrated Planner, Packet Capture, and Client Tracker tools to enable easy scoping, deployment, and remote troubleshooting
- Spectrum analysis to detect and identify non-wi-fi sources of interference at 2.4GHz or 5GHz
- Client device and Operating System Reporting with top clients by usage, peak trends per SSID, and client distribution by Aerohive device
- Powerful device templates and device classification tags allow applying custom configurations across device groups based on hierarchy, location, or function.
HiveManager TypeFeatures HiveManager Online Express Mode
- Simple, company-wide guided policy configuration
- One user-type per SSID
- Supports Aerohive access points only
HiveManager Online Enterprise Mode
- Sophisticated object-based WLAN Policy Configurations
- Custom firewall, QoS, and Tunnel policies per user
HiveManager Virtual Appliance
- Lowest cost on-site deployment option
- Supports up to 15,000 Access Points with specified hardware
- Supports up to 500 Virtual HiveManagers
HiveManager 1U Appliance
- Dedicated appliance
- Supports up to 8000 Access Points
- Supports 5 Virtual HiveManagers