Cooperative Control WLAN Architecture
Aerohive has developed a cooperative control wireless LAN architecture. Our WLAN solution provides all the performance, availability, management, mobility, and security needed in a large campus deployment, and, with the elimination of controllers in the architecture, is cost effective even in small branch office and warehouse deployments.
Cooperative control WLANs were designed for an era when there was insufficient processing power in APs to distribute the intelligence as happens in other networking infrastructure. Aerohive’s controller-less approach is different. It distributes all control functions and data forwarding to smart APs while maintaining a centralized management system for monitoring and configuration – similar to how routers in the Internet function.
Aerohive AP capabilities include:
- Support for control functions such as dynamic RF management, layer 2/layer 3 roaming, and client-load balancing
- Integrated mesh technology providing the highest degree of resiliency and connectivity – a 'self-healing network'
- Powerful and flexible identity-based firewall, access control, and quality-of-service (QoS) policies enforced at the edge
- Distributed data forwarding for scalable latency optimized performance for 802.11n throughput and beyond
Aerohive architectural advantages:
- No u-turns, bottlenecks, or single points of failure
- Flexible expansion - just add APs
- Superior branch performance and survivability
- Real mesh support
- Increased reliability and reduced cost (no controllers)
- Advanced value-added functionality
Learn more about Cooperative Control WLAN Architecture: