Aerohive simplifies enterprise networking by reducing the cost and complexity of today's networks.
Aerohive Advanced WLAN Configuration (AAWC)
This course is designed for experienced Aerohive customers and partners seeking to learn about advanced configuration, troubleshooting, and WLAN design and integration.
Each student connects to HiveManager, a remote PC, and an Aerohive Access Point over the Internet from their wireless-enabled PC in the classroom, and then performs hands-on labs that cover the following topics:
- Overview of Aerohive Cooperative Control Architecture and products
- Guest management using Aerohive Access Points with captive web portal and GRE tunneling features for guest access
- Guest management using Private PSK and HiveManager’s User Manager interface for secure, encrypted guest access
- 802.1X/EAP architecture overview
- Aerohive Access Points as DHCP and RADIUS servers
- Aerohive Access Points as RADIUS servers that integrate with Active Directory for IEEE 802.1X user authentication and credential caching
- Layer 3 roaming to allow wireless clients to preserve their IP addresses while roaming between Aerohive Access Points in different layer 3 networks
- Aerohive Access Point classification to simplify the configuration of network objects such as VLANs
- Aerohive Access Points as Layer 2 IPsec VPN clients, and VPN servers Wi-Fi device tracking using HiveManager, and Aerohive Access Points location services
IMPORTANT (Required Equipment)
- In order to participate in the labs, each student must bring their own 802.11g/a or 802.11n Wi-Fi-enabled laptop or Macbook with updated wireless drivers.
- Prior attendance to a first-level Aerohive training class AEWC (Aerohive Essentials WLAN Configuration).
- CWNA® and CWSP® vendor-neutral WLAN training and certification.