Aerohive simplifies enterprise networking by reducing the cost and complexity of today's networks.
Essentials Course Outline
Aerohive Essentials WLAN Configuration (AEWC)
Designed for network professionals responsible for managing and supporting wireless LAN networks, this extensive course will provide you with the information and skills necessary to gain an understanding of Aerohive’s cooperative control WLAN architecture. Learn best practices in designing and optimizing an Aerohive WLAN. Install and configure Aerohive Access Points, and HiveManager. Troubleshoot routine problems in your wireless environment.
Each student connects to HiveManager, a remote PC, and a Aerohive Access Point over the Internet from their wireless-enabled PC in the classroom, and then performs hands-on labs that cover the following topics:
- Overview of Aerohive Cooperative Control Architecture and products
- HiveManager – concepts and administration
- Using the Aerohive Wi-Fi planning tool to prepare for a deployment
- WLAN Policies for deploying global configuration settings among APs
- Aerohive Access Point and HiveManager – management and administration
- SSIDs and user-based policies
- Troubleshooting tools: Client Monitor, RADIUS Test, Packet Capture, Remote Sniffer, and VLAN Probe
- Private PSK to provide unique PSKs for enterprise users
- IEEE 802.1X/EAP – overview and configuration
- Understanding wireless measurement
- Stateful user-based L2/L3/L4 IP Firewall Policies
- QoS concepts and design for Voice over WiFi
- Radio profiles and high-density WLAN design
IMPORTANT (Required Equipment)
- In order to participate in the labs, each student must bring their own 802.11g/a or 802.11n Wi-Fi-enabled laptop or MacBook with updated wireless drivers
SUGGESTED PREREQUISITES (Highly Beneficial)
- Completion of Enterprise Mode Web-Based Training Modules
- CWNA® vendor-neutral WLAN training and certification.