August 31, 2017 — Mark Haranas
CRN Exclusive: Aerohive Partners With Value-Added Distributor WAV As Restructuring Efforts Get Under Way
- Aerohive Networks is partnering with value-add distributor WAV as the networking vendor restructures its go-to-market strategy with a new focus on the hospitality market.
August 18, 2017 — Mark Haranas
Aerohive's Channel Balloons By 600 Partners Thanks To New, Scalable Cloud Connect
- Hundreds of solution providers across the globe are flocking to Aerohive Networks to capitalized on the company's new cloud networking solution Aerohive Connect.
August 15, 2017 —
Aerohive: Growth in 802.11ac Wave 2 Dual 5 GHz APs
- Aerohive Networks is reporting that sales of its dual 5 GHz-based 802.11ac Wave 2 access points accounted for 45 percent of its access point sales in Q2 of 2017.
August 15, 2017 — wirednot
Aerohive Enters the Wallplate Access Point Game
- For the Aerohive-curious, you can get into an AP150W for around $300, with no subscription fees when coupled with Aerohive Connect.
August 14, 2017 — Zeus Kerravala
Expand Wi-Fi Quickly, Easily with Aerohive’s Wall Plate
- Aerohive’s AP150W wall plate is packed with features, including 802.11 AC Wave 2 and Zigbee, and costs a lot less than other Wi-Fi expanding options.
August 07, 2017 —
Aerohive Empowers MSP Wi-Fi Partners
- Enterprise Wi-Fi vendor Aerohive Networks has announced a new set of business and product capabilities to help channel partners become a Wi-Fi Managed Services Provider.
July 24, 2017 — Zeus Kerravala
How City Furniture Built a Better Wi-Fi Network
- Using Aerohive products, City Furniture upgraded its Wi-Fi network and digitized operations, moving POS operations to iPads and setting the stage for Bluetooth beacons
June 28, 2017 — Tech & Learning
Tech & Learning Selects Aerohive Connect as Best of Show at ISTE 2017
- Aerohive Connect offers enterprise connectivity, cloud management, and interactive forum-based support, without increasing cost or complexity. Connect leverages Aerohive’s unique distributed Wi-Fi architecture and cloud networking to increase speed, scale, and resiliency for wireless-first organizations. Connect is a great entry point for organizations that have basic connectivity needs but expect to increase network visibility, security, and other enterprise Wi-Fi features in the near future.
June 23, 2017 — Staff
Aerohive Rolls Out On-Premises WiFi and Switch Management Solution
- Aerohive Networks, a mobility and cloud networking solutions company, this week rolled out a new unified network management system capable of managing thousands of devices.
June 05, 2017 — Mathew Edwards
WiFi Benefits That Matter Most to Small and Medium Enterprises
- In our always-on, always-connected world, businesses require a network solution which is fast, reliable, cost-effective and scales up on demand – and it seems such WiFi benefits have hooked SMEs.
June 02, 2017 — Mathew Edwards
Wi-Fi Buyers Guide: Questions to Ask and Capabilities to Look Out For
- When it comes to the best Wi-Fi solution for your organisation, a one size fits all model does not work.
June 02, 2017 — Zeus Kerravala
Aerohive Makes Connect Available Across Its Entire Product Line
- Earlier this year Aerohive rolled out Connect, which is a low-cost offering it wanted to use to disrupt the incumbent vendors. Connect is basic WiFi connectivity that is managed through Aerohive’s cloud portal. Customers that want more advanced features can upgrade to Select at a later date and unlock all of the other configuration parameters.
June 02, 2017 — Mike Vizard
Aerohive Networks Aims to Approach MSPs on Their Terms
- Managed service providers can now acquire access points from Aerohive without having to pay for software licenses until those access points are deployed.
May 24, 2017 — Antone Gonsalves
Low-cost Aerohive Connect Manages More Access Points, Switches
- Aerohive Connect, a low-cost management option for small WLANs, is available across the vendor's access points and switches. Aerohive also cut hardware prices by as much as $600.
May 23, 2017 — Mark Cox
Aerohive Extends Value-oriented Connect Line to All Access Points and Switches
- Aerohive introduced a new, value-focused model on two of their entry level APs earlier this year as a test case. Results were positive and it has been extended across the whole portfolio, including high end solutions.
April 28, 2017 — Zeus Kerravala
Why 2x2 Wave 2 Access Points Make No Sense
- A 2x2 Wave 2 AP will cost about twice the price of a 2x2 Wave 1 AP—and it has limited benefits. So, companies should pass on this Wi-Fi technology.
April 25, 2017 — Mark Haranas
Aerohive Networks Channel Chief On 'Huge Progress' And Growth Through Dell Networking Partnership
- CRN talks to O'Brien about the progress of its Dell partnership, Aerohive's services push in 2017 and his channel vision.
April 12, 2017 — Josh Budd
Aerohive Squares Up to Netgear and D-Link with New SMB Offering
- WiFi manufacturer Aerohive is facing off against new competitors Netgear and D-Link through offering SMB channel partners a dumbed-down and cheaper version of its enterprise products.
April 11, 2017 — Mark Haranas
CRN Exclusive: Aerohive Networks Revamps MSP Partner Charge With New Initiatives
- Aerohive Networks is striving to enable more channel partners to build managed service provider (MSP) practices through a new flexible purchasing strategy and exclusive partnership with distributor Synnex.
February 06, 2017 — Wayne Rash
New Aerohive Access Points Simplify Mesh Network Setup for SMBs
- New network infrastructure devices from Aerohive include low prices and easy to use cloud-based management with easy software-based feature upgrades.
February 06, 2017 — James Atkinson
New Aerohive Connect Offers Affordable, Enterprise-Grade Wi-Fi Solution
- Product is designed to meet the needs of SMEs, hospitality and retail customers who want a simpler entry-level, but enterprise-class Wi-Fi solution, which can be seamlessly upgraded to the more advance Select offering, as James Atkinson reports
February 03, 2017 — Michelle Burbick
No Jitter Roll: This Week in Enterprise Communications
- Aerohive Networks introduced Aerohive Connect, a cloud-delivered enterprise connectivity and centralized management solution built on the company's Cooperative Control Wi-Fi architecture. The solution, available at a starting price of $229 per access point, aims to allow organizations to grow their networks as needed, simplify network operations, and upgrade features and functionality as their needs evolve.
February 03, 2017 — Mike Vizard
Aerohive Aims to Address Bifurcated Mobile Computing Market
- Aerohive Networks this week launched an Aerohive Connect program under which it is making access points available to IT organizations starting at a base price of $229 per access point.
February 03, 2017 — wirednot
Toolbox for IT Topics Networking Blogs Aerohive Connect: A New Tier of Cloud-Managed Wi-Fi
- The WLAN industry can be an interesting space at times as companies try to jockey for market share and develop strategies that will either make them stand apart from the crowd or be closer to the pack, depending on what day it is.
February 02, 2017 — Eamon McCarthy Earls
Aerohive Eyes Small Firms with APs, Cloud-Based Management Software
- Aerohive shifts gears with Wi-Fi for small businesses that feature cloud-based management software, Cisco considers the true cost of a data breach and Arista beefs up visibility.
February 01, 2017 — Sander Almekinders
Aerohive Connect Announced a Cloud-Managed Series Access Points
- It is now clear that the access point management for many companies slowly but surely towards the cloud. Aerohive has this course in mind and comes today with Aerohive Connect, a cloud-managed series access points. It also announced AP122 access point makes this management platform available from a price of $ 229.
February 01, 2017 —
Connecting SMBs The Easy Way With Aerohive Connect
- Enter the newest offering from Aerohive. Announced yesterday, Aerohive has a new 2×2:2 AP on the market, the AP 122. They are combining this new AP with a unique software offering, Aerohive Connect. Aerohive Connect solves the above issues by providing enhanced capabilities for SMBs without overwhelming them with pointless options.
January 31, 2017 — Mike Vizard
Digital Business Initiatives Transform Mobile Usage
- Aerohive Networks has launched Aerohive Connect, which offers wireless access points managed via the cloud for $229 per access point.
January 31, 2016 — Zeus Kerravala
Aerohive Looks to Disrupt Enterprise Wi-Fi with a Low Price Point
- Instead of having to choose between cost and features, businesses can buy the Wi-Fi features they need and not overpay for those they may not need.
December 16, 2016 — Jim Swanson
Aerohive Networks Is A 'Wireless Specialist Poised To Take Market Share'
- With some of its competitors being acquired by larger networking companies, Aerohive Networks Inc is becoming the “go-to” wireless partner for networking vendors that lack wireless solutions, said D.A. Davidson’s Mark Kelleher, in a report.
December 14, 2016 — Mark Haranas
Aerohive Attracting Brocoade-Ruckus Channel Partners Amid Broadcom Uncertainty
- As channel partners hold their breath to see where Brocade's networking business lands, some partners have decided to take their business to competitor Aerohive Networks.
December 06, 2016 — Amy Martinez
Major Technology Companies Visit McAllen ISD
- Technology industry leaders from across the country are visiting McAllen ISD. They are here to learn how students and the district are implementing the use of technology.
December 06, 2016 — Alex Scroxton
Aberdeenshire Delivers Wireless Across Schools and Libraries
- Aberdeenshire Council has built an estate-wide wireless network covering its schools, libraries and corporate buildings
November 22, 2016 — Heather Wright
Aerohive Eyes Ruckus Channel in 'Flagging Competitor Landscape'
- Aerohive is eyeing up the Ruckus reseller channel as it seeks to expand its own reach and capitalise on new growth markets locally while also capitalising on ‘a flagging competitor landscape’.
November 16, 2016 — Steven Anderson
Aerohive Wi-Fi Adds New Value By Adding Analytics
- At the NorthWest Shopping Center in Auckland, free Wi-Fi is on hand from the folks at Aerohive, giving customers access to the world of online information while shopping in a physical store, thus splitting the ultimate difference and offering physical store speed while offering online value and extra information.
November 11, 2016 — Peter Dinham
Aerohive WiFi Deployed in ‘Next Generation’ Auckland Shopping Centre
- New Zealand property investment firm, Stride Property, has deployed a retail Wi-Fi solution from global networking equipment company Aerohive Networks, in the NorthWest Shopping Centre in Auckland.
November 03, 2016 — James Atkinson
Aerohive Unveils Latest Wave 2 Wi-Fi Access Point for Enterprises
- New AP550 802.11ac Wave 2 access point is aimed at enterprises with high density, high capacity environments and is future-proofed to handle IoT applications
November 03, 2016 — Mark Cox
Aerohive Announces IoT Security Solution, and New Top of the Line Access Point
- The IoT announcement at this point is more strategy than solutions, with most of the product still to come. On the other hand, the AP550 access point, a top of the line product, is available today.
November 03, 2016 — Zeus Kerravala
Aerohive Extends SD-LAN to IoT
- Provides a way to assign individual passwords and unique identifiers to Internet of Things devices, affording better protection for the corporate network.
October 28, 2016 — Ken Briodagh
Aerohive Announces Security Solution to Protect Networks from IoT Attacks
- In a recent announcement, Aerohive Networks has stuck out its neck to offer a solution for Internet of Things (IoT) security for Wi-Fi and wired networks.
October 27, 2016 — Conner Forrest
Aerohive's New IoT Security Solution Could Have Blocked Dyn DDoS Attacks
- Aerohive Networks recently unveiled a new security offering to protect against network attacks from compromised IoT devices, including botnets like Mirai.
October 17, 2016 — Sheetal Kumbhar
Software-defined WLANs do IoT
- Aerohive Networks is marketing Software Defined LAN (SD-LAN) solutions that build on the principles of SDN in the data center and SD-WAN in order to enable flexible, programmable, and cost-effective wireless and wired networking capabilities that are being applied to the expanding networks of IoT devices.
October 08, 2016 — Mark Haranas
16 Hot Networking Products Putting The Sizzle In SD-WAN
- Aerohive Networks said it is redefining the access layer with the flexible wireless and wired networking capabilities of its new SD-Local Area Network offfering. Aerohive's SD-LAN capabilities include a new line of cloud-managed access switches: the AP250, a Wave 2 802.11ac access point with software-definable dual 5GHz radios.
September 20, 2016 — James Atkinson
Aerohive introduces first software defined LAN Wi-Fi solution
- Aerohive Networks has unveiled a solution for the Software Defined LAN (SD-LAN), which it says redefines the access layer with flexible wireless and wired networking capabilities.
September 15, 2016 — Michelle Burbick
Aerohive 'Software Defines' the LAN
- Sure, you've heard of software-defined networking; you've even heard of software-defined WAN lately if you've been reading No Jitter. Now, you can add another SD term to your lexicon. Earlier this week, cloud networking company Aerohive Networks announced its solution for SD-LAN.
September 12, 2016 — Mike Vizard
Aerohive Networks Stakes Claim to SD-LANs
- Aiming to pioneer a new category of network offerings, Aerohive Networks today announced what it describes as the first software-defined local area network (SD-LAN) spanning both wired and wireless networking environments.
September 12, 2016 — wirednot
Aerohive Has "Moved" Their Product Offerings Into SD-Land
- One of the WLAN industry’s original cloud players is re-inventing their message and approach with a software-defined strategy.
September 09, 2016 — Chris Preimesberger
New-Gen Apps for Easing Back-to-School IT Pains
- IT departments at educational institutions are scrambling to adjust to the usual influx of devices, applications and roster data this time of year. Here are some tools designed to help.
August 03, 2016 — Paul Hennin
Connected Classrooms Capture Student Attention
- Technology is completely transforming the learning experience. In recent years we’ve seen the proliferation of mobile devices and educational applications in the classroom. Education technology charity Tablets for Schools found that as of last December, 70% of primary and secondary schools in the UK now use tablet computers, and this is increasing at an exponential rate.
June 28, 2016 — Paul Hennin
The Connected Retail Experience
- The retail sector has been an early adopter of Wi-Fi tracking technologies. In the face of stiff competition from online outlets, bricks-and-mortar retailers need to collect and analyse as much data as possible to improve the customer experience and find new value-adding services.
June 22, 2016 — Richard Chang
Aerohive to Showcase and Demonstrate New Products at ISTE
- Aerohive Networks, a wireless, cloud networking platform company, is showcasing new products at ISTE 2016 in Denver, June 26-29.
June 21, 2016 — Ben Rossi
How Connected Devices Are Powering Change in the Enterprise
- The IoT frenzy has allowed for an explosion of data, but all too often the data collected by businesses is considered in silos – leading to business-wide insights being missed
June 17, 2016 — Mark Cox
Aerohive Looks to Drive Partner Wireless-as-a-Service Business with New MSP Program
- The program, which has two tiers, provides infrastructure enhancements related to managed services as well as business process changes desired by MSPs, like the separation of hardware purchases from software and pay-as-you-go billing.
June 15, 2016 — Shannon Williams
Aerohive Networks Debuts New MSP Partner Program
- Aerohive Networks has today announced a new partner program as the company aims to accelerate its move into managed services for wireless networks.
June 15, 2016 — Hafizah Osman
Aerohive Networks Launches New MSP Partner Program
- Networking vendor Aerohive Networks has launched a new AdvantageMSP program, designed to enable its channel partners to adopt a managed service strategy, whilst delivering fully managed enterprise wired and wireless services.
June 14, 2016 — Antony Savvas
Aerohive Makes a Buzz Around Managed Service WiFi
- Aerohive Networks has announced a new AdvantageMSP programme to enable its channel partners to deliver fully managed enterprise wired and wireless services.
June 14, 2016 — Mark Haranas
Aerohive Launches Pay-As-You-Go Software Licensing With New MSP Program
- Aerohive has launched a new AdvantageMSP program to drive recurring revenue for channel partners that includes the ability to buy hardware, and then separately purchase software on a pay-as-you-go consumption model.
May 19, 2016 — Jan Knight
WiFi Basics: Top 7 Tips From Industry Experts
- Alexandra Gunther, senior product marketing manager for Sunnyvale-based Aerohive Networks, advises retailers to install the latest generation of WiFi (802.11AC) to support modern apps like streaming video, cameras and emerging IoT applications like sensing from afar, while simultaneously supporting growth in staff and guests.
May 05, 2016 — Team ITPP
Q&A: Removing the Technology Barriers in Schools
- Paul Hennin, Senior Director of International Marketing at Aerohive Networks, discusses how the company is assisting in removing technology barriers in schools.
May 04, 2016 — Marcia Savage
Cool New Networking Products At Interop 2016
- Dell's launch last week of its cloud management system in partnership with Aerohive, extends Aerohive's cloud-based HiveManager NG software for managing Aerohive APs to Dell N-Series campus switches.
April 27, 2016 — Steve McCaskill
Dell Teams Up With Aerohive For Wireless Network Management
- Dell turns to aerohive for wireless network management, continues open data centre efforts and offers new switches
April 27, 2016 — Chris Talbot
Dell Networking Unveils New Campus and Data Center Networking Products
- Dell Networking partnered with Aerohive to provide customers with cloud-managed wired and wireless infrastructure.
April 26, 2016 — Paul Hennin
Three Ways IT Can Avoid Creating Digital Distractions in Education
- Gone are the blackboards, piles of textbooks, and oversized desktop computers in the corner of the room. Increasingly, pupils of all ages are using tablets, video screens, and virtual whiteboards to learn.
April 26, 2016 — Jeffrey Burt
Dell, Aerohive Partner for Wired, Wireless Network Management
- Dell also expands its Open Networking effort through alliances with vendors and the open-source community as well as new open switches.
April 26, 2016 — Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols
Dell Embraces Open-Source Networking with New Lines
- Dell introduces numerous new networking services and 10G switches for high-end campus and data-center networking.
April 26, 2016 — Zeus Kerravala
Dell Partners Up to Address the Networking Needs of the Digital Enterprise
- Works with Aerohive to deliver unified network management, teams with others to develop solutions around OS10
April 26, 2016 — Mark Cox
Dell Integrated Aerohive Solution for Campus Highlights New Networking Announcements
- Dell also announced an expansion of their open source networking initiatives, as well as two new in-rack systems for the data centre.
April 26, 2016 — Ryan Patrick
Dell Zeroes in Software-Defined Data Centre Model with New ‘Future-Ready’ Networking Products
- Dell Networking is working with Aerohive to deliver a cloud-managed solution that integrates and manages wired and wireless infrastructure; the new co-branded solution incorporates Dell N-Series switches and Aerohive access points into Aerohive’s cloud-based management solution HiveManager NG
April 26, 2016 — Richard Chang
Dell and Aerohive Collaborate on New Hybrid Network System
- Dell and Aerohive have launched a hybrid network system with new cloud-managed wired and wireless capabilities. The collaboration, an expansion of an existing One Network concept, provides more access from a broader range across campuses and data centers, and includes new in-rack systems devised to speed up server and storage migration to 10G connectivity.
April 07, 2016 — Michelle Burbick
Aerohive Aims to Support New 'Connected Experience’
- Aerohive is focused on providing the "most adaptive" enterprise WiFi. It aims to do this with a three pronged approach around scalable WiFi, enterprise cloud networking, and unified management.
April 06, 2016 — Mike Vizard
Aerohive Networks Unveils Dual Band Wireless Access Points
- Aerohive Networks this week unveiled two new cloud-managed 802.11ac Wave 2 access points, the AP250 and the AP245X.
April 06, 2016 — James Atkinson
Aerohive’s New 802.11ac Wave 2 Wi-Fi Access Points Can Double Capacity
- New 802.11ac Wave 2 APs are three stream MU-MIMO capable and come with integrated BLE; four new switches and updated HiveManager NG network management platform also launched
April 05, 2016 — Mark Haranas
Partners: Aerohive's New APs And Switches Will Close Gap With Rivals Cisco, Brocade
- As wireless vendor consolidation continues, Aerohive Networks on Tuesday unveiled significant upgrades to its networking portfolio by launching new 802.11ac Wave 2 access points alongside a new line of switches.
February 18, 2016 — Ben Rossi
Poor Wi-Fi at Schools is Hindering Students, Say IT Managers
- Bad Wi-Fi at schools and other educational institutions is holding back learning, according to a study of IT managers
February 03, 2016 — Jessica Scarpati
Building Resilient Networks on a Mountain, at Sub-Zero Temps
- Freezing temperatures and dirty conditions at this underground gold mine in interior Alaska are no match for its strategy for maintaining resilient networks.
January 28, 2016 — Catherine Knowles
Aerohive Successfully Woos Customers
- Aerohive Networks has high levels of customer satisfaction the world over, according to a recent study by the vendor conjunction with Quality Resource Associates.
January 13, 2016 — Chloe Green
How To Do Secure Wi-Fi in the BYOD and IoT Era
- As Wi-Fi replaces Ethernet as the primary access layer, companies need to review how they access and authenticate their networks.
January 06, 2016 — James Atkinson
Aerohive Enhances its Wi-Fi Offering to Deliver a New Range of Services
- The recent launch of Aerohive’s Connected Experience platform is designed to put it ahead of the game in its ability to offer a suite of cloud-based networking services for enterprises and their customers.
December 15, 2015 — Mark Haranas
Top Execs From Cisco, Dell, Symantec Jump Ship To Aerohive
- Aerohive Networks Tuesday said it has hired three top executives hailing from Cisco Systems, Dell and Symantec to help lead the wireless vendor's channel and sales strategy.
November 20, 2015 — Antone Gonsalves
Aerohive API Platform Delivers Business Application Data
- Aerohive Networks has introduced a set of APIs that developers can use to siphon customer and employee intelligence from a wireless network and incorporate the data into a wide variety of business applications.
November 18, 2015 — Dan Conde
Aerohive: Buzzing with a New App Platform
- Aerohive just announced their new next-generation platform. Their apiaries are buzzing with excitement for the new APIs and apps for their APs (access points).
November 17, 2015 — Michelle Burbick
Aerohive Strives to Unlock Wi-Fi Potential
- With the launch of its Connected Experience Platform for the enterprise, Aerohive introduces new access solutions and an API program.
October 05, 2015 — Rick Whiting, CRN
2015 Cloud Partner Program Guide
- CRN offers the Cloud Partner Program Guide, putting a spotlight on the companies that are devoting significant resources to their cloud partner programs and backing up their channel partners with the training, support and financial incentives they need to be successful.
September 21, 2015 — Chris Talbot, Fierce Enterprise Communications
Juniper, Aerohive Partner for Cloud-Managed Networking for Enterprises
- Juniper Networks and Aerohive Networks have paired their wired and wireless technologies for simple cloud-based managed networks aimed at the enterprise, as well as education and state and local government.
September 17, 2015 — Mark Haranas, CRN
Juniper Forms Alliance With Aerohive; Says Aruba Partnership Still Intact
- Juniper Networks reveals a new partnership with wireless vendor, Aerohive Networks, with the possibility of building a combined technology solution on the horizon.
September 16, 2015 — Leila Meyer, The Journal
Lamar County School District Upgrades to 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Lamar County School District (LCSD) in Mississippi has implemented 802.11ac wireless network infrastructure throughout its schools and auxiliary buildings to support its expanding 1-to-1 technology initiative, bring-your-own-device (BYOD) initiative and integration with Google Classroom.
September 09, 2015 — Dian Schaffhauser, The Journal
Aerohive Releases On-Premises Version of HiveManager NG
- Aerohive Networks has introduced a version of its network management system that can be run from an on-premises appliance as an alternative to cloud network management. The company has also added several new features to HiveManager Next Generation (NG).
September 09, 2015 — Dian Schaffhauser, Campus Technology
Aerohive Returns Network Management to On-Premise
- Aerohive Networks has introduced a version of its network management system that can be run from an on-premises appliance as an alternative to cloud network management. The company has also added several new features to HiveManager Next Generation (NG).
August 17, 2015 — Mark Haranas, CRN
CRN Exclusive: Aerohive CEO On HP Aruba 'Strong-Arm' Tactics, WiFi 'Haves' And 'Have-Nots'
- Aerohive Networks, which is battling networking behemoth Cisco and HP Aruba, is striving to move beyond Wi-Fi-vendor-only status to a cloud software/mobility company.
August 07, 2015 — Channel Life
Dicker Data NZ Growth Continues with Aerohive Deal
- Today wireless vendor Aerohive announced it has appointed Dicker Data as a distribution partner in New Zealand. The appointment will leverage the networking capabilities and reach of Dicker Data to grow Aerohive’s business in the local market.
August 05, 2015 — Scott Denne, No Jitter
Starbucks CIO on Aerohive: 'Great Product, Great People'
- In a recent interview, Starbucks' top IT exec shared why he decided to join this enterprise mobility vendor's board of directors.
July 22, 2015 — Rich Tehrani, TMCnet
Aerohive Continues Its Drive to Reach World Domination
- Aerohive is well positioned – in part because it has a great product that is centrally managed – perfect for the cloud and now far easier to deploy, configure, and understand.
June 23, 2015 — Ben Sillitoe. Essential Retail
Clarks Completes UK Store Wi-Fi Roll-out
- Shoe retailer Clarks has completed the roll-out of new Wi-Fi services across its UK store estate, using a solution from Aerohive Networks.
June 23, 2015 — Victor Omondi. Insider Monkey
Is Aerohive Networks Inc (HIVE) A Good Stock To Buy?
- With many things going on, both existing and potential investors are asking whether Aerohive Networks Inc (NYSE:HIVE) is a good stock to buy now or not.
June 17, 2015 — Deena M. Amato-McCoy. Mobile Enterprise
Clarks Drives In-Store Engagement with Wi-Fi
- Eager to expand the role of mobility across its omnichannel shopping experience, Clarks is adding a new Wi-Fi network that promises to support customer engagement efforts across more than 500 locations.
June 10, 2015 — Mathew Edwards, XCHANGE Events
Facing the Security Challenges of WLANs
- With the ever-increasing demand for mobility, and wireless rapidly replacing Ethernet as the primary access method onto the network, organizations are cautious of the security challenges that lie ahead. And that is especially true given the demand for access from a growing number of guest and BYO- devices.
June 05, 2015 — Mathew Edwards, Solution Providers for Retail
Wi-Fi, IoT and Apps: Enabling The Next Wave Of Retail Stores
- Where mobile devices and the Internet once threatened the existence of the high street as we know it, technology such as cloud-enabled applications, Wi-Fi and the Internet of Things (IoT) are now key enablers of the retail store of the future.
June 04, 2015 — Calvin Hennick, BizTech
5 Wireless Products Businesses Can Use to Optimize and Grow
- Thanks to an abundance of hardware options, business wireless networks can solve many problems. Finding the right solution depends on the problem they’re trying to solve.
June 01, 2015 — Christine Horton, Channel Pro
Westcoast Bolsters Mobility Portfolio with Aerohive
- Westcoast is shoring up its mobility portfolio with the addition of Aerohive Networks’ cloud-managed wireless networking range to its line-up.
May 28, 2015 — Leila Meyer, The Journal
Should You Upgrade to 802.11ac?
- Pulaski County Special School District in Little Rock, AR, recently expanded its wireless network to include a mix of 802.11n and 802.11ac access points from Aerohive. That bandwidth increase will let teachers and students use their iPads to stream more content and participate in the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) online assessments.
May 26, 2015 — Dian Schaffhauser, The Journal
Barracuda and Aerohive Bolster Wireless Security Product Ties
- Two networking companies have teamed up to improve wireless security coverage for their respective customers. Barracuda Networks and Aerohive Networks are working together to integrate Aerohive's HiveOS devices with Barracuda's security products.
May 22, 2015 — Fred Donovan, Fierce Mobile IT
Barracuda, Aerohive Team Up for Enterprise Wi-Fi Security Products
- Security firm Barracuda Networks and Wi-Fi provider Aerohive Networks have teamed up to offer integrated wireless security products for BYOD environments.
May 21, 2015 — Robert Keenan, Mobile Enterprise
Barracuda, Aerohive Bring Wired/Wireless Security Solutions to BYOD Environments
- Barracuda Networks and Aerohive Networks have formed a partnership, under which Aerohive’s HiveOS access points and switches will now integrate with Barracuda’s Web Security Service, Web Filter, and NG Firewall products.
May 06, 2015 — Rich Tehrani. TMCnet
Aerohive Adds Ease of Use, Massive Dell Distribution Network
- Aerohive is well-positioned – in part because they have a great product which is centrally managed – perfect for the cloud and they have made it far easier to deploy, configure and understand. With the Dell distribution channel added to their current sales efforts, we can expect far more success in the market.
May 05, 2015 — Gina Narcisi. SearchNetworking
Dell Adds Aerohive Wireless Products to Wi-Fi Portfolio
- Dell will resell Aerohive Networks' cloud-managed Wi-Fi products. The computer maker is strengthening its mobile portfolio as rival Hewlett-Packard prepares to do the same through the acquisition of Aruba.
April 28, 2015 — Jeffrey Burt. eWeek
Dell to Resell Aerohive Wireless Networking Products
- The agreement comes almost two months after HP announced it was buying Aruba Networks for $2.7 billion to augment its wireless networking efforts.
April 27, 2015 — Bob Brown. Network World
HP Buys Aruba and Next Thing You Know Dell is Reselling Aerohive WiFi Gear
- Aerohive Networks announced Monday that Dell will begin reselling its wireless LAN and related management products -- not a shocker in light of longtime Dell OEM partner Aruba Networks being snapped up by HP in a multi-billion deal last month.
April 22, 2015 — Channel Pro
Aerohive Reorganises Partner Programme
- Network management firm Aerohive has launched a new partner programme to support the company’s top-performing channel partners. The company has appointed Johnna Bowley as vice president of worldwide sales operations and global channels to spearhead this new programme.
April 20, 2015 — Mark Haranas, CRN
CRN Exclusive: Aerohive Names Johnna Bowley Its New Channel Chief
- Aerohive Networks appointed channel veteran Johnna Bowley as its new channel chief, a move partners say reaffirms the Sunnyvale, Calif.-based wireless vendor's commitment to the channel.
April 17, 2015 — Mike Vizard, MSPmentor
Aerohive Networks Builds Data Lake in the Cloud
- Aerohive Networks is providing a set of tools to enable exploration of access point data on Aerohive wireless networks. Next up, Aerohive, will use REST APIs to enable MSPs to store data from other sources in the Aerohive data lake. By Mike Vizard, MSPmentor
April 15, 2015 — Leila Meyer, The Journal
Baltimore County Schools Upgrades Network To Support Mobile Learning
- Baltimore County Public Schools (BCPS) has implemented a new wireless network districtwide to support its mobile learning objectives. By Leila Meyer, The Journal
April 14, 2015 — Abby Strong, Solutions Providers for Retailers
The Internet of Things Will Have a Major Impact On Retailers
- While many retailers may not have many connected devices today, it is vital that retailers prepare for the tsunami of IoT devices coming their way as these new devices will have a major impact on the way retailers run their business. By Abby Strong, Solutions Providers for Retailers
April 13, 2015 — Mark Haranas, CRN
Top Cisco Sales Exec Leaves For Wireless Competitor Aerohive
- Cisco lost a top sales executive on Monday, Tom Wilburn, who decided to jump ship to wireless competitor Aerohive Networks to become its new senior vice president of worldwide sales. By Mark Haranas, CRN
April 09, 2015 — Laura Stotler , Cloud Contact Center
Updated Aerohive Cloud Management Platform Supports Mobility on Campus and in the Enterprise
- Mobility and the cloud are becoming increasingly intertwined and cloud solutions must be able to handle the demand for mobile support. Aerohive Networks caters to mobile-first organizations, and the company has released an update to its HiveManager Next Generation (NG) cloud management platform. By Laura Stotler , Cloud Contact Center
April 07, 2015 — Mark Haranas, CRN
Aerohive Launch Aimed At Growing Education Market
- As billions of federal dollars are expected to flow into schools each year to improve wireless and network infrastructure through the U.S. government's E-rate program, Aerohive Networks hopes to gain more traction with the launch of a mobility solution targeted at the educational sector. By Mark Haranas, CRN
April 07, 2015 — Jon Gold, Network World
Aerohive Targets Education with 802.11ac Access Point Release
- Simplified system aims to capitalize on possible resurgence in educational wireless LAN buying. By Jon Gold, Network World
April 07, 2015 — Leila Meyer, The Journal
Aerohive Updates HiveManager with Simplified On-Boarding, Troubleshooting
- Aerohive Networks has unveiled a new version of its cloud-enabled network management system, HiveManager Next Generation (NG). By Leila Meyer, The Journal
April 07, 2015 — Gina Narcisi, SearchNetworking
New Aerohive Wireless Product Includes Updated Cloud-based Management
- Aerohive Networks introduced a cloud-based wireless product for the education space that will provide more insight into user behavior and easier Wi-Fi management for non-IT staff. By Gina Narcisi, SearchNetworking
March 30, 2015 — Calvin Hennick, EdTech
Schools Push Wi-Fi Accessibility to the FourCorners of Campus
- With wireless available everywhere, students and teachers find compelling ways to use it. By Calvin Hennick, EdTech
March 09, 2015 — Mark Haranas, CRN
Aerohive Entices Aruba Customers Fearful Of HP Acquisition With Big Discount
- Wireless vendor Aerohive Networks is trying to nab existing Aruba Networks customers and partners who might be wary of Aruba's planned acquisition by Hewlett-Packard by offering them up to a 25 percent discount off Aerohive wireless and networking products. By Mark Haranas, CRN
March 04, 2015 — Heather Wright, Channel Life
Behind the HP Aruba acquisition
- Abby Strong, Aerohive director of product marketing, notes in a blog post that WLan vendor acquisitions ‘are difficult to say the least’. By Heather Wright, Channel Life
February 12, 2015 — David Raths, Campus Technology
Staying Ahead of Wireless Demand with 802.11ac
- Faced with the ever-growing wireless needs of students and faculty, savvy colleges and universities are future-proofing their networks with the new 802.11ac standard. By David Raths, Campus Technology
February 12, 2015 — Chrissy Winske, K-12 Tech Decisions
Controller-less Wi-Fi Is More Reliable, Less Expensive for Arizona District
- Network traffic is now managed locally, creating a great 1:1 classroom experience. By Chrissy Winske, K-12 Tech Decisions
February 10, 2015 — David Simon, all-electronics.de
Sicheres Internet der Dinge trotz WLAN
- Das IoT (Internet of Things) setzt voraus, dass die beteiligten Geräte sowie deren Vernetzung zuverlässig und sicher funktionieren. Entwickler und Anwender blenden dabei problematische Aspekte gerne aus. Ein WLAN/Wi-Fi-Spezialist erklärt hier, wie man diese Netzwerktechnik sinnvoll für das IoT verwendet.
January 23, 2015 — Beth Schultz, No Jitter
When Communications and Shopping Meet Up
- Aerohive builds up its Personalized Engagement Platform ecosystem, helps retailers communicate with and cater to shoppers. By Beth Schultz, No Jitter
January 21, 2015 — Stephen Withers, iTWire
Aerohive Taps Passbook for Retail Engagement
- Aerohive Networks has announced its "Personalised Engagement ecosystem" aimed at helping retailers get more out of the Wi-Fi connectivity they provide to customers. By Stephen Withers, iTWire
January 20, 2015 — Mark Haranas, CRN
Aerohive Offering Targets the Next Generation of Retail
- Aerohive Networks delivered what it is calling a Personalized Engagement Ecosystem built to boost customer activity at brick-and-mortar retail stores. By Mark Haranas, CRN
January 06, 2015 — Cabling Install
Aerohive's new wireless AP enables outdoor 802.11ac Gigabit Wi-Fi
- Aerohive Networks recently announced its new outdoor Gigabit Wi-Fi 802.11ac access point. Designed to meet the growing demand for outdoor high-speed connectivity, the new Aerohive 802.11ac AP1130 provides highly resilient network access even in extremely challenging physical environments. By Cabling Install