Aerohive’s Data Practices for Visitors to Our Site
and Users of Our Products and Services
Aerohive Networks, Inc. (“Aerohive”, “we” or “us”) takes your privacy seriously and want to describe here how we use and protect information that we obtain from and about you.
- the web site or web pages located at http://www.aerohive.com/, https://partners.aerohive.com or any other web site or web pages operated by Aerohive (called the “Aerohive Site” or the “Site”);
- Aerohive’s WLAN System including, HiveManager, HiveManager Online, HiveAPs, GuestManager, wired LAN, SD-WAN, A3, as well as Aerohive’s Social Login and our other products (our “Products”);
- any software or services, including maintenance or support, we may provide, including services relating to user or data analytics;
- informational services, webinars, and other training services provided by us;
- the features and services available through any of our Products or the Site, including during your evaluation or “beta” testing of our Products and Services; and
- in conjunction with demonstrating, testing, validating or improving the security or performance of our Products and Services, or with respect to additional features, functions or applications.
Information Aerohive Collects for Our Own Purposes
Automatically Collected Information
Social Media Data Collection and Other Third-Party Data Sources
If you have engaged with us from social media advertising (either by us or by a Partner of Aerohive Networks), Aerohive will not capture social profile details, though we may see anonymized data from the referring site.
“Cookies” and Clear Gif Information
“Cookies” and clear gifs are two sources of information we may also automatically collect. Cookies are small data files that are stored on a user’s hard drive at the request of a Web site, such as our Site, to enable such Web site to recognize users who have previously visited them and to enable our Site to retain certain information such as your customer preferences and use or transaction history. If we combine cookies with or link them to any of the Personal Information, we would treat this information as Personal Information as well. Clear gifs (also known as web beacons or pixel tags) are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on our Services or in emails relating to the Services to collect certain information and monitor user activity on the Services, and which we may combine with your IP address or other information that we have gathered with respect to a user’s use of the Services.
Clearing Cookies. If you wish to block, erase, clear or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn about these functions. However, if your browser is set not to accept cookies or if your reject a cookie, some portions of the Services may not function properly for you.
The Ways Aerohive Uses and Discloses Information
Our Use of Your Personal Information
Aerohive may use Personal Information we collect to process your requests or transactions, to provide you with information or services you request, to inform you about other information, events, promotions, products or services we or our third-party partners or affiliates think will be of interest to you, to facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Site and our Products and Services, to comply with Aerohive’s legal and contractual obligations, and for the purpose for which we may reasonably understand the information was provided or made available by you.
For example, we or our third-party partners or affiliates may use the information we collect to:
- send you a welcoming email and to contact you about your use of the Site, our Products or Services, to provide other services, products or information you request and to complete any transactions in connection therewith;
- respond to your emails, submissions, comments, requests or complaints and provide you with support;
- request feedback and to enable us to identify, develop, customize and improve the Site, our Products or Services and business offerings (including those of our Partners and affiliates);
- contact you for marketing, informational, product development and promotional purposes; and
- achieve the purpose for which we may reasonably understand the information was provided or made available to us.
Aerohive may use automatically collected information or Personal Information for a number of reasons related to the Products or Services, including to: (a) remember your information, including for your future use of our Products or Services or visit to the Site; (b) provide customized third-party promotions, advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor the effectiveness of third-party marketing campaigns; (d) monitor the effectiveness of the Site, our Products and Services, including aggregate usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (e) track your entries, submissions, transactions and status in any promotions or other activities.
Aerohive may share your Personal Information with Aerohive’s employees, agents and contractors for legitimate business reasons, including to companies that provide services to us, such as our outside contractors or agents who help us manage our information activities. However, these service providers may only use your Personal Information to provide us with a specific service and not for any other purpose.
If you have indicated an interest in our Products or Services, including on behalf of your company, we may provide your contact information and information about your company to one of our resale channel partners or provider of managed services (a “Partner”) so that they can provide information regarding those Services to your company. If you become a customer of a Partner, the Partner may use your information in accordance with its policies. For questions about how that Partner may use your information, please contact that company.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
We may disclose Personal Information in the good faith belief that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so, or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or with legal process or authorities, respond to any claims, or to protect the rights, property or safety of the Site or the Products, Users, our employees or the public, including without limitation disclosures intended to protect Aerohive or Users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate or unlawful use of the Site or our Products or Services.
Be Careful When You Share Information with Others
You understand that when you access the Site or our Products or Services information you post in your profile and in groups, forums and other interactive areas of our Site or our Products will be available to other users and, in some cases, may be publicly available. We recommend you be cautious in giving out Personal Information to others or sharing such information in public online forums.
Aerohive also uses Personal Information when the Personal Information is deidentified. Deidentified data is information about you, including Personal Information, but in aggregate form or a form that a third party can no longer reasonably use to identify specifically any individual. Such deidentified data may be based in part on Personal Information about you, but it does not specifically identify you personally (e.g., by your name, etc.). We or our third-party service providers may use your deidentified data for various purposes, including research or analysis of our customer demographics, internet usage, and your use history, and online interests and browser behavior, or monitoring or improving Product or Service performance. With certain Products, you may opt out of Aerohive’s use of such deidentified Personal Information.
We may disclose or transfer information about our Users, including your Personal Information, to businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with us or to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
Advertising and Online Tracking
We may allow third-party companies to serve ads and collect certain anonymous information when you visit the Site. These companies may use certain information (e.g. click stream information, web browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to the Site and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie to collect this information. Our systems do not recognize browser “Do Not Track” signals, but several of our service providers who utilize these cookies on our Site enable you to opt out of targeted advertising practices. To learn more about these advertising practices or to opt out of this type of advertising, you can visit www.networkadvertising.org or www.aboutads.info/choices/. We also provide you with additional tools to opt out of marketing from us. You can learn about this in the “Choices You Have Regarding the Use of Your Personal Information” section below.
Data from Partner Marketing
Choices You Have Regarding the Use of Your Personal Information
You may, of course, decline to share your Personal Information with Aerohive, in which case you should immediately cease using our Products or Services, or accessing this Site. If you register as a customer of Aerohive, you may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. You are responsible for monitoring your privacy settings and maintaining the secrecy and security of your account information at all times.
Links to Other Websites
How Aerohive Protects Information
If Aerohive learns of a security systems breach that affects your Personal Information we may attempt to notify you electronically through the contact information that you last provided to Aerohive so that you can take appropriate protective steps or as otherwise required by applicable law. Aerohive may also post a notice on our Service or through the Products or Site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive in writing notice of a security breach.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Our Services are not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information on our own behalf from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access our Services. If we learn that Personal Information has been collected by us on our Site or through our Products from persons under 13 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has obtained an account on the Service, then you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that we delete that child’s Personal Information from our systems.
Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and Aerohive is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the Site or in connection with use of our Products or Services. Additionally, Aerohive cannot control the actions of other individuals with whom you may choose to share your information. Further, even after information posted on the Site is removed, caching and archiving services may have saved that information and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information available on the Site. This may include your Personal Information. We do not guarantee that information you post on or transmit to the Site or accessed or collected through our Products or Services will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Aerohive hosts our Services, including the Site, at global and regional data centers in the United States, the European Union and other jurisdictions and does not guarantee that data will not transfer between our different server locations. If you are a user of the Site from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws that govern data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, you should be aware that we may transfer your Personal Information outside of those regions to the United States, which may include for testing, validating or improving the security or performance of our Products and Services, in compliance with applicable law. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating our Services. By providing any information, including Personal Information, on or to the Site, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Your California Privacy Rights
Information for European Residents
If you are located in the European Union, we process your Personal Information relying on the following legal bases:
- To fulfill our contractual obligations under an existing agreement with you or in anticipation of entering into an agreement with you, including:
- To provide you with educational materials, webinars and training that you request;
- To assist you in finding a reseller channel partner so that you can order Product and Services for your company;
- To fulfill orders and provide you with Products and Services you have requested and/or paid for;
- To enforce your legal rights under an agreement; and
- To provide you with an estimate for our products or services.
- To meet and fulfill our legitimate business interests, including:
- To communicate with you about your account, the Site, our Products and Services, and Aerohive;
- To manage our business needs, such as monitoring, analyzing, modifying and improving the Services’ and Sites’ functionality and performance;
- To prevent fraud and abuse on and unauthorized access to the Services and Sites;
- To provide you with information about Products and Services you have purchased or indicated your interest in or that we think you would be interested in;
- To determine which features and functionality of the Services users like best to help us operate, enhance and improve the Services;
- To grow our business;
- To get to know our potential and existing clients, consumers, and users; and
- To identify relevant content shared with potential and current Users.
- To comply with our regulatory and legal obligations or to enforce our legal rights, including:
- To meet reporting requirements (e.g. filing tax forms);
- To retain documents and information related to a legal action;
- To enforce our End User License Agreement and other terms; and
- To report data breaches or unauthorized access to the Services.
- With your consent, including:
- To provide you with information about our Products and Services;
- To target personalized advertising to you on other websites.
If you reside in the European Union, you may have certain rights with respect to the personal data you provided to us. To the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws, you may:
- Access or modify your Personal Information;
- Request that your Personal Information be erased if it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was processed, you have withdrawn consent to or object to the processing of such personal data and we meet no other legitimate basis for such processing or it has been unlawfully processed;
- Restrict the processing of your personal data if you contest its accuracy or the lawfulness of our processing, we no longer need it but you need it for a legal claim or you have objected to its processing and await verification of our legitimate grounds for processing;
- Under certain circumstances, have your personal data transferred to another company; or
- Withdraw any consents that you have previously provided to allow us to process your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that some requests may require you to verify your identity. Although we urge you to contact us to find a solution for every concern you may have, you always have the right to lodge a complaint with your competent data protection authority.
Aerohive Privacy Practices Applicable to Customer End Users
The following describe Aerohive’s data practices that are applicable in instances where Aerohive collects or processes data on behalf of Customers.
Data Ownership and Consumer Choice
Aerohive Customers may also collect information about your online activities when using those Customers’ networks that are enabled with Aerohive Products or Services. Aerohive Customers, depending on the nature of their business, may also use Aerohive Products or Services to collect and use information that is subject to regulation under applicable data protection, privacy, or security laws. This information is also subject to the privacy policies of Aerohive’s Customers.
Aerohive does not access, analyze, share, sell, or otherwise use or transfer any Personal Information that it collects on behalf of any Customer unless specifically authorized to do so by that Customer. Aerohive may process information on the behalf of our Customers to provide them with analytics data, usage information, and other information or data for the Customers to use for their business purposes.
European Customer End Users
If you are a Customer End User located in the European Union, Aerohive is the data processor and the Customer is the data controller, as those terms are defined by European Union law. In order to exercise any rights you may have under European Union law, please contact the applicable data controller.
Aerohive Contact Information
Attention: Legal Department
1011 McCarthy Blvd
Milpitas, CA 95035
“Aerohive” and “HiveManager” are registered trademarks of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.