Aerohive® Announces Worldwide Availability of the Industry’s First Enterprise-Class Pluggable Access Point
Aerohive’s Atom AP30 is a New Way to Wi-Fi, with a Radically Simplified Hardware and Deployment Design
Milpitas, Calif. — July 19, 2018 — Aerohive Networks® (NYSE: HIVE), a Cloud Networking leader, today released worldwide availability plans for its industry-first pluggable, enterprise-class Wi-Fi access point, the Aerohive Atom AP30™. Currently shipping with a Type A/B plug, Aerohive has now announced Type C and G plugs availability for Q3 2018, enabling customers who use the EU or UK-plug type to benefit from Wi-Fi connectivity that can be both deployed, and re-deployed, in a matter of minutes.
A first of its kind, Aerohive Atom AP30 is designed to augment or replace traditional ceiling and wall-mounted access points. Its unique, compact design, combined with Aerohive’s cloud management and new automated out-of-the-box mesh provisioning, allows IT departments to self-sufficiently adapt their access networks to match their continually changing client demands in any environment or location. Aerohive Atom AP30 is a small form factor access point that boasts all the features and functionality of its traditional ceiling-mounted counterparts, including identity-driven network access, software-defined architecture, and enterprise performance management.
Aerohive Atom AP30 can help organizations quickly, easily, and more cost-effectively solve for all manner of use cases without having to install or re-position a ceiling-mounted access point, including, but not limited to:
- Quickly eliminate Wi-Fi dead zones – Aerohive Atom AP30 instantly extends coverage to dead zones. Aerohive Atom AP30 can be temporarily or permanently installed in minutes to eliminate dead zones in distant corners of the office, long hallways or passageways, staircases, breakrooms, storage rooms, etc., saving the time and money of pulling new cable or re-positioning existing ceiling-mounted access points.
- Easily solve density issues in meeting spaces – Aerohive Atom AP30 can augment overloaded ceiling-mounted access points in any-sized meeting space. Aerohive Atom AP30 can be temporarily or permanently installed in minutes to mitigate overloaded ceiling-mounted access points in conference rooms, training rooms, cafeterias, lobby areas, waiting rooms, gymnasiums, etc.
- Improve performance for 3rd party networks – Aerohive Atom AP30 can connect to 3rd-party Wi-Fi networks, including Cisco, HPE, and Ruckus, to help compensate coverage or capacity challenges. With sensor mode equipped, Aerohive Atom AP30 may also be used to monitor 3rd-party networks for efficiency so that administrators can optimize their network accordingly.
- Instantly extend secure corporate connectivity – Aerohive Atom AP30 can instantly extend corporate connectivity to anywhere you can plug it in to a power socket and get an IP address. Aerohive Atom AP30’s native VPN capability can instantly make your corporate SSID and security available for teleworkers, marketing events, sales demonstrations, offsite meetings, embedded employees consulting for other companies, temporary offices, and so on.
- Simply connect the previously unconnected – Aerohive Atom AP30 can quickly and easily bridge an IoT device to an Aerohive or 3rd-party network in any easy or hard-to-reach location. Aerohive Atom AP30 can act like an IoT hub and securely connect any Wi-Fi and/or Ethernet-based IoT device and sensor.
- Cost effectively solve for MDU connectivity – Aerohive Atom AP30’s unique form factor and plug-ability makes it simple to install temporarily or permanently in an MDU, such as barracks, dormitories, hotels, motels, cruise ships, condominiums, apartments, etc.
Pricing and Availability
Aerohive Atom AP30 is currently shipping with Type A/B plug in US, Canada, Japan, and Mexico. Aerohive has expanded its offering to include Type C and G, to be available in Q3 2018, to expand into countries who use the EU or UK-plug type.
Aerohive Atom AP30 is now sold as a single pack for $229 Type A/B plug and $249 for Type C/G plugs.
Aerohive Atom AP30 can be deployed with Aerohive Connect™, the industry’s only subscription-free cloud management or full-featured Aerohive Select™ cloud management, with one license supporting up to three Atoms AP30s.
Visit www.Aerohive.com/Atom for more details.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding new Aerohive product and service offerings and statements regarding their expected performance, market receptiveness and competitive advantage. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risk and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: general demand for wireless networking in the industry verticals targeted or demand for Aerohive products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, risks associated with our growth, competitive pressures from existing and new companies, technological change, product development delays, our inability to protect Aerohive intellectual property or to predict or limit exposure to third party claims relating to its or Aerohive’s intellectual property, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Aerohive’s financial and operating results are included under the captions “Risk Factors” and “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations,” in the Company’s recent annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly report on Form 10-Q. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.aerohive.com and on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof, and Aerohive Networks disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive uses Cloud Management, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence to radically simplify and secure the Access Network. Our Cloud-Managed Wireless, Switching, Routing, and Security technologies provide unrivalled flexibility in deployment, management, and licensing. Credited with pioneering Controller-less Wi-Fi and Cloud Management, Aerohive delivers continuous innovation at Cloud-speed that constantly challenges the industry norm, allowing customers to rethink what’s possible. Our innovations and global cloud footprint radically simplify Access Network operation for 30,000+ customers and 10+ million daily users. See how at www.aerohive.com/customers.
Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Milpitas, CA. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” and “HiveManager” are registered trademarks and “Aerohive Networks” is a trademark of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.