Aerohive Helps Channel Partners Grow Their Managed Services Business
New Product Capabilities and Flexible Business Terms Enable Any Partner to Become a Wi-Fi Managed Services Provider
Milpitas, Calif. — April 11, 2017 — Aerohive Networks® (NYSE:HIVE), the fastest growing enterprise Wi-Fi vendor, today announced the introduction of the industry’s broadest set of business and product capabilities to empower channel partners to easily offer differentiated and profitable Wi-Fi managed services for their customers.
Aerohive’s MSP offering is a simple and flexible set of business terms and product capabilities that provides all authorized Aerohive channel partners the foundation for managed Wi-Fi service delivery. With no up-front investment, partners in North America can also resell turnkey managed services offered by SYNNEX, Aerohive’s exclusive US distribution partner for managed services. All Aerohive partners can then leverage the power of Aerohive’s cloud networking for secure, scalable Wi-Fi to provide value and managed services directly to their customers.
- Many organizations rely heavily on wireless connectivity, yet they find it difficult to deploy and maintain high-performance Wi-Fi networks. With limited in-house expertise, a growing number of organizations are turning to outsourced and managed Wi-Fi services, a market that is expected to grow significantly over the next five years.
- To effectively address this market, Aerohive enables channel partners with a variety of options to deliver comprehensive, differentiated Wi-Fi services to their customers:
- Aerohive channel partners can create their own MSP offering by leveraging the capabilities of Aerohive’s solution portfolio, including its cloud network management solution, and Aerohive’s channel-optimized business terms.
- Aerohive’s channel partners in North America also have access to SYNNEX’s subscription-based Wireless as a Service (WaaS) offering for re-sale to their customers. This Aerohive-enabled offering is ideal for partners looking for a faster go-to-market MSP offering at a reduced CapEx investment.
- Aerohive is now offering a set of flexible, channel-optimized business terms that increase operational efficiency and margins as partners build their customer base and increase profitability. These terms include:
- Separation of hardware and software purchases gives partners the ability to purchase hardware at a different time than when they purchase subscription-based support and software offerings. Customers can purchase hardware for installation and deployment, then later add software and support when the solution is ready to go “live”.
- Flexible ownership model lets partners decide whether they or the customer own hardware, depending on the partner’s desired business model. Partners can own the full solution or simply manage a customer-owned solution.
- Portability of hardware and licenses allow partners who own hardware to move them between customer accounts as needs change.
These business capabilities are available to all Aerohive partners that sign the MSP addendum to their standard Aerohive reseller partner agreement.
- Aerohive Managed Services Partners globally are enabled by the HiveManager cloud-networking platform, including new capabilities for efficiently managing across multiple customers’ networks. Direct visibility into customer networks from the centralized management console, as well as seamless scalability, ensures that customers and manage services partners can efficiently work together to grow and tailor their networks as business needs evolve. Underlying this is Aerohive’s unique, distributed-control Wi-Fi architecture designed for efficient, highly reliable services delivery that simplifies the design, deployment, and support of multi-tenanted Wi-Fi networks.
- Aerohive’s solutions portfolio further enables reseller partners to create a differentiated value-add service offerings for their customers:
- Aerohive Connect provides robust, cloud-managed connectivity with the best balance of coverage, performance, and capacity. Aerohive Connect is designed as a cost-effective platform for Wi-Fi connectivity and hotspot services.
- Aerohive Select is a fully featured wireless network solution with advanced planning, monitoring, guest management, security, and analytics capabilities designed for the most sophisticated wireless networks, such as those found in large enterprises.
- Aerohive Insight offers a unified API platform that allows partners and service providers to create value-added applications and services. For example, visitor analytics, or customized monitoring tools and dashboards for their own use.
MSPs can start their customers with Aerohive Connect, and can then add Aerohive Select and/or Insight solutions as desired across their customer base.
- In addition to reseller partners, Aerohive works with leading service providers worldwide, to enable them to add wireless service delivery to their managed services portfolios, including T-Systems. T-Systems provides their comprehensive Managed LAN Services, an end-to-end, subscription-based offering, directly to multinational corporations and enterprise customers.
Pricing and Availability
- The Aerohive MSP delivery platform with HiveManager NG is available today. Channel partners simply order devices, network management and support from Aerohive’s current pricelist. MSP-related capabilities are included with HiveManager NG, at no additional charge.
- SYNNEX’s WaaS offering is available from SYNNEX to Aerohive resellers in the US and Canada. Contact SYNNEX for further information.
- T-System’s Managed LAN Services offering is available to multinational corporations and enterprise customers. Please contact T-Systems for further information.
“Expanding our relationship with Aerohive to offer comprehensive services management, support, design and application insights around wireless networking is an important step in providing resellers with top-tier solutions needed to fully support their customers in today’s marketplace,” said Peter Larocque, President, North American Technology Solutions, SYNNEX Corporation. “The new SYNNEX WaaS offering significantly changes the way customers go to market and gives them the option to rely on SYNNEX for their wireless deployments from start to finish.”
“As one of the world’s leading providers of information and communications technology (ICT), T-Systems serves many renowned enterprises around the globe with high-performance network connectivity. Secure and highly flexible wireless LAN services, including operations and maintenance is of key importance in recent years” explained Reinhold Wiesenfarth, senior vice president of telecommunications portfolio at T-Systems. “Aerohive’s solution provides an ideal enhancement for our Managed WLAN Services portfolio. With our new service, its highly scalable architecture, easy provisioning and private-cloud based network management, we strengthen our customers to optimize their networks and to digitalize their business.”
“Clients are shifting production workloads to wireless networks and Align recognized the requirement for the innovation Aerohive delivers meeting these requirements,” said Jim Dooling, chief executive officer and president of Align. “We are leveraging the capabilities of Aerohive’s cloud services platform to help clients meet a flexible workplace. The need for reliable production networks, providing advanced security, location based analytics, activity mapping and full API integration has never been greater. The post implementation management, monitoring and maintenance is essential as our clients transition to advanced wireless deployments – and a key reason we offer Secure Managed Wi-Fi at Align.”
“Recognizing the growing demand for outsourced enterprise Wi-Fi, Aerohive’s MSP offering provides a broad range of product and business capabilities for partners”, said Michael O’Brien, Vice President of Global Channels, Aerohive. “Our cloud platform enables efficient and highly reliable service delivery, solutions, and APIs that let partners offer and create differentiated, value-added services, as well as business terms that give partners flexibility to tailor their MSP offering to their requirements and transform how they serve their customers.”
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding new Aerohive product and service offerings and statements regarding their expected performance, market receptiveness and competitive advantage. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risk and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: general demand for wireless networking in the industry verticals targeted or demand for Aerohive products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, risks associated with our growth, competitive pressures from existing and new companies, technological change, product development delays, our inability to protect Aerohive intellectual property or to predict or limit exposure to third party claims relating to its or Aerohive’s intellectual property, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Aerohive’s financial and operating results are included under the captions “Risk Factors” and “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations,” in the Company’s recent annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly report on Form 10-Q. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.aerohive.com and on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof, and Aerohive Networks disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive uses Cloud Management, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence to radically simplify and secure the Access Network. Our Cloud-Managed Wireless, Switching, Routing, and Security technologies provide unrivalled flexibility in deployment, management, and licensing. Credited with pioneering Controller-less Wi-Fi and Cloud Management, Aerohive delivers continuous innovation at Cloud-speed that constantly challenges the industry norm, allowing customers to rethink what’s possible. Our innovations and global cloud footprint radically simplify Access Network operation for 30,000+ customers and 10+ million daily users. See how at www.aerohive.com/customers.
Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Milpitas, CA. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” and HiveManager” are registered trademarks, and “Aerohive Connect,” “Aerohive Select” and “Aerohive Insight” are trademarks of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.