Aerohive Introduces New High Performance Wave 2 Access Point for the Enterprise
New AP550 Increases Network Capacity by 141%
Milpitas, Calif. — November 2, 2016 — Aerohive Networks® (NYSE:HIVE) today announced the AP550 Wave 2 802.11ac wireless access point as the latest addition to Aerohive’s Software Defined LAN (SD-LAN) portfolio of cloud-managed access layer infrastructure.
Designed for high performance enterprise demands, the AP550 is adaptable, future-ready and especially well-suited for high-capacity and high-density environments.
- Aerohive’s new AP550, which is a 4×4 MIMO, Dual Radio Wave 2 Access Point, is performance optimized for high-density, high-capacity environments. It enables the ability to future-proof an organization’s network for Internet of Things (IoT) applications, BYOD and high-bandwidth applications. The AP550 also has new enterprise-grade features, such as MACsec, Air-IQ, and Zero Wait DFS.
- The AP550 supports up to four spatial streams and has a built-in BLE and a USB port to accommodate beacons and other IoT devices.
- The AP550 indoor access point is part of Aerohive’s most-adaptable wireless infrastructure. Like the AP250, it offers software-selectable radios that maximize customers’ return on investment by allowing administrators to select transmission at 2.4GHz and 5GHz or to select dual 5GHz. When integrated into the overall network design, the selection of the dual 5GHz mode can effectively double network capacity.
- The AP550 is also built on Aerohive’s proven RF-IQ technology, to deliver great Wi-Fi. RF-IQ incorporates distributed-control radio intelligence, such as automated channel and power selection, load balancing, band steering, and other capabilities that enable complex radio functionality.
- The AP550 is the newest addition to Aerohive’s Software Defined LAN portfolio of cloud-managed, adaptable, access layer infrastructure. SD-LAN is a more adaptable, secure, and cost-effective approach to wireless and wired access networks. Aerohive’s new SD-LAN solution builds on core capabilities developed by Aerohive over the last 10 years as well as new access points, switches, and cloud management capabilities.
- The AP550’s high capacity wireless connectivity can be deployed with Aerohive’s next-generation access switches to offer unified wired and wireless management. Cloud network management from a single pane of glass improves visibility, centralizes control, and reduces cost and complexity.
Pricing and Availability
- Aerohive’s AP550 is available today for $1,399, US and International list.
“Our research shows that companies are expecting significant growth in mobile and IoT devices on their networks, and they’re rapidly shifting their investments to 802.11ac access points to provide more bandwidth and greater spectral efficiency,” said Matthias Machowinski, research director, enterprise networks and video, IHS Markit. “In addition, there is strong interest in adding other wireless technologies to Wi-Fi access points, such as Bluetooth Smart, to support the roll-out of IoT devices.”*
“Organizations are facing the invasion of mobility with more devices, more demanding applications, and more users,” said Michael Lin, vice president of product management, Aerohive Networks. “The new AP550 Wave 2 access point enables enterprises to enjoy major technical advances, both standards-based and proprietary. With its rich capabilities, the AP550 takes wireless performance, capacity and functionality to new heights. This has great prospects for our customers and for Aerohive.”
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding new Aerohive product and service offerings and statements regarding their expected performance, market receptiveness and competitive advantage. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risk and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: general demand for wireless networking in the industry verticals targeted or demand for Aerohive products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, risks associated with our growth, competitive pressures from existing and new companies, technological change, product development delays, our inability to protect Aerohive intellectual property or to predict or limit exposure to third party claims relating to its or Aerohive’s intellectual property, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Aerohive’s financial and operating results are included under the captions “Risk Factors” and “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations,” in the Company’s recent annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly report on Form 10-Q. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.aerohive.com and on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof, and Aerohive Networks disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive uses Cloud Management, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence to radically simplify and secure the Access Network. Our Cloud-Managed Wireless, Switching, Routing, and Security technologies provide unrivalled flexibility in deployment, management, and licensing. Credited with pioneering Controller-less Wi-Fi and Cloud Management, Aerohive delivers continuous innovation at Cloud-speed that constantly challenges the industry norm, allowing customers to rethink what’s possible. Our innovations and global cloud footprint radically simplify Access Network operation for 30,000+ customers and 10+ million daily users. See how at www.aerohive.com/customers.
Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Milpitas, CA. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” is a registered trademark of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
*Results based on IHS Markit Technology WLAN Strategies & Vendor Leadership Survey, 2016. Results are not an endorsement of Aerohive. Any reliance on these results is at the third party’s own risk. Visit www.technology.ihs.com for more details.