Aerohive Introduces the Most-Adaptable Wireless Infrastructure Available Today for Connected Enterprises
New Products Double Network Capacity with 802.11ac Wave 2 Everywhere and Unified Wired and Wireless Cloud Management
Sunnyvale, Calif. — April 5, 2016 — Aerohive Networks® (NYSE:HIVE) today announced new 802.11ac Wave 2 access points, a new line of switches, and a new release of HiveManager® NG that together deliver the most-adaptable Wireless infrastructure for the Connected Enterprise.
- New high-performance mobile devices and demanding applications continue to change how connected enterprises do business. With a constantly changing client landscape and new Internet of Things (IoT) devices on the horizon, enterprises are challenged to have network infrastructure for the clients and devices of today while anticipating the connectivity needs of the future.
- To address escalating connectivity demands today, Aerohive is introducing the AP250 and the AP245X, two new cloud-managed 802.11ac Wave 2 access points that are the first to deliver enterprise-class capabilities and uncompromised wireless functionality while operating on existing standard wired infrastructure of 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE). The access points also feature integrated Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). Both the AP250 and the AP245X are built on Aerohive’s proven RF-IQ technology to deliver great Wi-Fi. RF-IQ incorporates distributed control radio intelligence, such as automated channel and power selection, load balancing, band steering, and other capabilities that enable complex radio functionality.
- Aerohive’s new AP250 access point enables the most-adaptable wireless infrastructure. Its software-selectable radios maximize customers’ return on investment by allowing administrators to select transmission at 2.4GHz and 5GHz or to select dual 5GHz. When integrated into overall network design, the selection of the dual 5GHz mode can effectively double network capacity.
- The AP250 is the only Wave 2 and BLE solution that can operate in dual 5GHz mode with uncompromised performance for increased capacity, without PoE switch upgrades. Aerohive’s patent-pending RF-IQ antenna and the first-of-its-kind network technology provide polarization and spatial diversity which ensures performance even in dual 5GHz mode, delivering uncompromised performance under 802.3af power budget.
- The AP245X delivers Wave 2 with external antennas and a rugged design for challenging environments, such as warehouses, manufacturing floors, and extreme temperature environments.
- Both the AP250 and the AP245X access points feature integrated BLE and a USB port to enhance location-driven services and provide additional wireless connectivity options for IoT and other devices.
- HiveManager NG, Aerohive’s network management platform, is designed for enterprise-grade scalability and is available for private or public cloud deployment. The new release is now architected for on-premises deployments of up to 20,000 access points. The platform offers the centralized management and powerful functionality enterprises need as well as streamlined user experience and simplified troubleshooting.
- Aerohive is also introducing four new cloud-managed enterprise switches, the SR2208P, SR2224P, SR2324P, and SR2348P. Available in a range of port densities, from desktop to stacking-capable rack mount, the new switches are managed through HiveManager NG.
- Together with Aerohive’s access points, these new switches enable complete unified wired and wireless cloud network management from a single pane of glass with improved visibility, centralized control, and reduced cost and complexity.
- Furthermore, Aerohive has extended its unique Private Pre-Shared Key (PPSK) functionality, which enables customers to manage secure access for specific users and IoT devices. This functionality is important for ease of onboarding and control of Bring Your Own (BYO) and IoT devices. PPSK can now support 100,000 keys in a single instance.
- Most-Adaptable Wi-Fi for Connected Enterprises
- Aerohive’s AP250
- Aerohive’s AP245X
- HiveManager NG
- Private Pre-Shared Key
- Aerohive’s SR2208P
- Aerohive’s SR2224P
- Aerohive’s SR2324P
- Aerohive’s SR2348P
- RF-IQ technology
Pricing and Availability
- First released in March, the Aerohive AP250 is available today for $999, US list.
- Aerohive’s AP245X will be available in June for $999, US list; antennas sold separately.
- HiveManager NG for public cloud deployment is available today and can be purchased with 1-, 3-, or 5-year subscription terms. 1-year plans start at $115 per access point, US list.
- HiveManager NG Virtual Appliance for private cloud deployment is available today with a perpetual license fee per access point, and a 1-, 3-, or 5-year support contract per device.
- Aerohive’s SR2208P, SR2224P, and SR2324P will be available in April for $999, $1599, and $3299, respectively, US list.
- Aerohive’s SR2348P will be available in June for $5499, US list.
“Wi-Fi infrastructure has become indispensable in the day-to-day operations of enterprises around the world, but as new requirements emerge, networks need to adapt,” said Matthias Machowinski, senior research director, IHS. “Aerohive’s most-recent update to its cloud managed wired and wireless portfolio allows enterprises to address new requirements around new applications, IoT initiatives, and high density deployments.”
“The College of William & Mary needs a wireless network robust enough to support the growth in mobile devices, both in the classroom and in residence halls,” said Norman Elton, network engineer, College of William & Mary. “We are eager to deploy the AP250 access points in order to leverage higher density 5GHz coverage. We believe that the software-selectable radio will play a key role in our transition from a network designed for coverage to one designed for capacity.”
“Mobility gives organizations the opportunity to transform how they serve their customers,“ said David Flynn, CEO, Aerohive Networks. “At the same time, new devices and demands often present challenges for network infrastructures. Our new switches, the new release of HiveManager NG, and Wave 2 access points give our customers the performance, flexibility, and power of cloud management needed to adapt to their evolving business demands.”
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding new Aerohive product and service offerings and statements regarding their expected performance, market receptiveness and competitive advantage. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risk and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: general demand for wireless networking in the industry verticals targeted or demand for Aerohive products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, risks associated with our growth, competitive pressures from existing and new companies, technological change, product development delays, our inability to protect Aerohive intellectual property or to predict or limit exposure to third party claims relating to its or Aerohive’s intellectual property, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Aerohive’s financial and operating results are included under the captions “Risk Factors” and “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations,” in the Company’s recent annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly report on Form 10-Q. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.aerohive.com and on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof, and Aerohive Networks disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive uses Cloud Management, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence to radically simplify and secure the Access Network. Our Cloud-Managed Wireless, Switching, Routing, and Security technologies provide unrivalled flexibility in deployment, management, and licensing. Credited with pioneering Controller-less Wi-Fi and Cloud Management, Aerohive delivers continuous innovation at Cloud-speed that constantly challenges the industry norm, allowing customers to rethink what’s possible. Our innovations and global cloud footprint radically simplify Access Network operation for 30,000+ customers and 10+ million daily users. See how at www.aerohive.com/customers.
Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Milpitas, CA. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” and “HiveManager” are registered trademarks and “Aerohive Networks” is a trademark of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.