Aerohive® Launches SD-WAN Solution to Extend Flexible, Simplified, Unified Network Access from HQ to Remote Locations
Aerohive’s Full-Stack, Software-Defined Architecture Redefines Network Economics, Control, and Performance for Highly Distributed Sites and Teleworkers
Milpitas, Calif. — December 6, 2017 — Aerohive Networks® (NYSE:HIVE), a Cloud Networking Leader, today announced its Software-Defined WAN (SD-WAN) solution for highly distributed commercial enterprises, retail chains, and long-term healthcare providers with hundreds to thousands of small-to-midsize locations and remote workers. Combined with Aerohive’s existing SD-LAN offering, organizations can now radically simplify branch deployments with a unified Cloud-managed Wi-Fi, switching, and SD-WAN VPN routing solution.
With Aerohive’s SD-WAN solution, multi-site organizations benefit from reduced network cost and complexity, faster deployments, identity-driven secure access, user and application flow management, path optimization, and automated fault remediation. Built on Cloud Networking, virtualized network services, and a self-optimizing, software-defined architecture, Aerohive’s simple-to-manage and flexible SD-WAN solution promises a secure and reliable HQ-like network experience for every user and device, regardless of location.
Available in January 2018, Aerohive’s SD-WAN will launch with the new Cloud-managed XR200P router, and a virtualized Layer 3 VPN gateway, equipped with:
- Application-Based Flow Optimization – Application-based flow optimization identifies, prioritizes, and restricts traffic flows based on application importance or bandwidth requirements. It also directs mission-critical enterprise applications to headquarters or datacenter via corporate VPN with the highest priority, while white listed SaaS applications can be directly accessed from the branch for minimum latency, and other traffic can be proxied through a cloud security gateway for additional monitoring and validation before being permitted to its final destination.
- Always-On Connectivity – Link-state monitoring and automated remediation provide always-on connectivity by taking care of remote networks running on lower-grade WAN connections, as well as providing continual path verification and failover upon problem detection.
- Network Policy Enforcement – Contextualized profiling and a flow-based, stateful firewall help IT easily assign forwarding policies by user group, client OS, client mac address, client location, and schedules. These allow corporate headquarters’ usage and security policies to be consistently enforced across all locations.
- Reduced Cost and Complexity – Multi-path link optimization and application-based flow control improve network performance across inexpensive broadband links, helping to reduce or completely remove costly MPLS links, while Aerohive’s Cloud Networking platform and virtualized VPN services dramatically reduce implementation and operational costs.
- Rapid Deployments with Automated Provisioning – Aerohive’s SD-WAN solution makes rapid deployments possible through streamlined multi-site rollouts with automated device detection and provisioning. SD-WAN routers can be shipped to site with no configuration and brought online within minutes from a single, centralized Cloud management console that issues device performance and security policies.
- Enterprise-Class Network Visibility and Reporting – Comprehensive reporting of links and connected network devices, VPN tunnel latency, throughput, uptime metrics, and a suite of troubleshooting tools help quickly identify and remedy potential issues.
- Unified Software-Defined Access Layer – Unified LAN and WAN policy management radically simplifies deployment, security, and troubleshooting at scale. A common software-defined architecture ensures that Aerohive’s access and backhaul network technologies work together to self-optimize, self-correct, and self-learn.
SD-WAN broadens Aerohive’s existing software-defined access network portfolio that already includes adaptive Wi-Fi and switch technologies, to a fully unified Cloud Networking experience.
Visit aerohive.com/sd-wan to learn more about Aerohive’s SD-WAN technologies.
“It has been incredibly exciting building out Aerohive’s SD-WAN solution to complete its full-stack Access Networking capability to help customers connect their distributed sites and manage their wired and wireless network simply and seamlessly,” said Jing Shi, director of the software-defined WAN innovation development team, Aerohive Networks. “Our SD-WAN solution can help reduce cost, enforce security, and improve connectivity based on customers’ data traffic per application and user, as well as connection preference. With Aerohive’s leading cloud technology, we provide a better and simpler experience for IT professionals to deploy, manage, and troubleshoot thousands of distributed devices remotely within a single and simple-to-use management interface.”
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding new Aerohive product and service offerings and statements regarding their expected performance, market receptiveness and competitive advantage. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risk and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: general demand for wireless networking in the industry verticals targeted or demand for Aerohive products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, risks associated with our growth, competitive pressures from existing and new companies, technological change, product development delays, our inability to protect Aerohive intellectual property or to predict or limit exposure to third party claims relating to its or Aerohive’s intellectual property, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Aerohive’s financial and operating results are included under the captions “Risk Factors” and “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations,” in the Company’s recent annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly report on Form 10-Q. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.aerohive.com and on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof, and Aerohive Networks disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive uses Cloud Management, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence to radically simplify and secure the Access Network. Our Cloud-Managed Wireless, Switching, Routing, and Security technologies provide unrivalled flexibility in deployment, management, and licensing. Credited with pioneering Controller-less Wi-Fi and Cloud Management, Aerohive delivers continuous innovation at Cloud-speed that constantly challenges the industry norm, allowing customers to rethink what’s possible. Our innovations and global cloud footprint radically simplify Access Network operation for 30,000+ customers and 10+ million daily users. See how at www.aerohive.com/customers.
Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Milpitas, CA. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” and “Aerohive Networks” are registered trademarks of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.