Aerohive Networks Releases Powerful New Connected Learning Application For Student Engagement
HiveSchool is Aerohive’s Latest Addition to Its Growing App Portfolio
Sunnyvale, Calif. — January 19, 2016 — Aerohive Networks® (NYSE:HIVE) today announced HiveSchool, a new connected learning application that helps K-12 teachers leverage technology in the classroom. HiveSchool is an easy way for teachers to present digital content during class, collaborate with students, monitor student activity, keep students on task, and assign a variety of learning resources.
HiveSchool is the latest addition to Aerohive’s growing application portfolio. It builds upon the success of education-focused applications such as TeacherView, which was introduced in 2010, and StudentManager, which was introduced in 2011.
- In K-12 education, computers, tablets, projectors, and other smart devices are increasingly staples in the digital classroom. However, with this technology adoption, teachers face challenges in leveraging them effectively for the learning environment. To help unlock the potential of classroom technologies, teachers need a way to easily connect and utilize the devices students use during class.
- Aerohive is releasing HiveSchool, a new connected learning application that lets K-12 teachers create engaging, collaborative, and effective learning experiences for students. Its key features include:
- Easy onboarding of student devices creates a visual, intuitive class roster that populates as students join the class;
- Content sharing from a teacher’s computer or from an assigned student’s computer;
- Resource features enable teachers to quickly access, save, and assign to students teaching resources such as documents, webpages, applications, and video clips;
- Viewing function allows teachers to remotely view student screens in real time to track progress and keep students on-task; and
- On Chromebooks, HiveSchool has control capabilities allowing teachers to remotely close browser tabs on student computers and limit student browsing to an assigned resource.
- Aerohive is offering HiveSchool to schools as a free application to improve digital learning. HiveSchool can be run on any wireless network infrastructure, an Aerohive network is not required. HiveSchool builds on Aerohive’s experience developing learning and classroom management applications, which started with the launch of TeacherView in 2010.
- HiveSchool is optimized for use on Chromebooks, but will also work on any computer that has a full Chrome browser installed. Chromebooks are increasingly popular in education and are ideal for schools because of their comprehensive ecosystem, easy-to-manage platform, and attractive price.
- HiveSchool’s intuitive user experience makes it easy for both teachers and students to use and results in a shorter learning curve. Its simple deployment and management minimizes incremental IT workloads.
- Aerohive will demo HiveSchool in its stand (#C268) at Bett Show 2016 on January 20 through 23 in London.
- HiveSchool was selected by Tech & Learning as Best of Show at ISTE 2015, the premier education technology conference.
Pricing and Availability
- HiveSchool will be available free of charge in March via download from the Chrome Webstore.
“HiveSchool has not only enabled efficient classroom collaboration, it has allowed teachers to find creative solutions for digital instruction, from accommodating students with special needs to allowing teachers to easily broadcast content to individual student devices,” said Keith Osburn, technology and special programs director, Jeff Davis County Schools. “In a short amount of time, our teachers have come to rely on HiveSchool for everyday classroom management and activities.”
“The HiveSchool app is an ingenious and an integral part of one-to-one learning environments for collaboration and control of the classroom,” said Suzie Giacotto, French teacher, Guerin College Prep.
“Technology is continuing to transform the classroom both for teachers and students,” said David Greene, chief marketing officer, Aerohive Networks. “With HiveSchool, we can provide teachers with an easy way to leverage classroom technology to create engaging learning experiences. HiveSchool brings another effective and innovative solution to K-12 students and teachers adding to our growing portfolio of customer apps.”
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding new Aerohive product and service offerings and statements regarding their expected performance, market receptiveness and competitive advantage. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risk and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: general demand for wireless networking in the industry verticals targeted or demand for Aerohive products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, risks associated with our growth, competitive pressures from existing and new companies, technological change, product development delays, our inability to protect Aerohive intellectual property or to predict or limit exposure to third party claims relating to its or Aerohive’s intellectual property, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Aerohive’s financial and operating results are included under the captions “Risk Factors” and “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations,” in the Company’s recent annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly report on Form 10-Q. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.aerohive.com and on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof, and Aerohive Networks disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive uses Cloud Management, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence to radically simplify and secure the Access Network. Our Cloud-Managed Wireless, Switching, Routing, and Security technologies provide unrivalled flexibility in deployment, management, and licensing. Credited with pioneering Controller-less Wi-Fi and Cloud Management, Aerohive delivers continuous innovation at Cloud-speed that constantly challenges the industry norm, allowing customers to rethink what’s possible. Our innovations and global cloud footprint radically simplify Access Network operation for 30,000+ customers and 10+ million daily users. See how at www.aerohive.com/customers.
Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Milpitas, CA. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” is a registered trademark and “Aerohive Networks” is a trademark of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.