Aerohive Partners with Dell to Provide Emmet County with Seamless Network Connectivity
Milpitas, Calif. — January 24, 2017 — Aerohive Networks® (NYSE:HIVE), announced today that Emmet county selected Aerohive, in partnership with Dell, to improve the networking experience across the entire county in order to enable efficiency and mobility at its 12 locations stretching across 35 miles.
- Emmet County is located in the northwest corner of the lower peninsula of Michigan and is home to approximately 32,000 residents. In recent years, Emmet County has experienced diversified economic growth, with many new industries and people settling in the area permanently. The County itself has over 230 employees and manages community resources, parks and recreation, the sheriff department, and many other local services for the community.
- With greater growth in the area, Emmet County over the last several years needed to invest in technology upgrades to better support residents who live and work in the area. The County’s IT Department was directed to improve the networking experience across the entire county in order to enable efficiency and mobility at its 12 locations stretching across 35 miles.
- For over 100 years, Emmet County has hosted the Emmet-Charlevoix County Fair each August and welcomes thousands of visitors. The County had deployed a consumer-class wireless product at the fairgrounds, but greatly needed to upgrade to an enterprise solution to meet service requirements and offer outdoor Wi-Fi. The local airport, Pellston Regional Airport, had an aging Ubiquiti Networks system in place that also needed to be replaced.
- Overall, the County’s IT Department needed a wireless solution in place to offer expanded capacity, enhanced security and reliable connectivity. With an agile team of three employees, it was imperative for the IT Department to have a solution in place with remote management capabilities, flexible infrastructure and seamless integration with existing Dell switching and hardware solutions.
- After expanding its fiber connectivity and continuing to deliver final mile services, Emmet County focused its efforts on choosing a wireless solution that best met current and future needs. After evaluating Meraki and Ubiquiti Networks, Emmet County learned about Aerohive Networks through its local solution partner, Avalon Technologies. Emmet County already had a significant investment and commitment to Dell and it was recommended that the County take a look at Aerohive.
- With a formal agreement in place between Dell and Aerohive and shared vision for cloud-managed Wi-Fi, Emmet County would be able to manage Dell switches within the HiveManager NG cloud network management system, a tremendous benefit for simplified wired and wireless networking.
- With a seamless integration offering from Dell and Aerohive, and after a successful initial launch at the County Fair, Emmet County moved forward to expand the integrated Dell-Aerohive network offering to all additional sites. Aerohive’s solution was not only the best from a pricing structure standpoint, it also allowed the County to segment users and devices for optimal security.
- Alongside Dell’s switching infrastructure, the County deployed Aerohive AP230 and AP250 access points, outdoor AP1130 access points, and HiveManager® NG for system management. With employees from local prosecutors and defense attorneys at the courthouse, to ambulance and emergency workers downloading patient data, there were numerous requirements for security and privacy. The County has set up several SSIDs to segment users and meet outside business needs, such as providing access for vendors at the fairgrounds, security cameras for the sheriff department, and enabling Wi-Fi for Planning & Zoning assessors and inspectors.
- Another key advantage with Aerohive was the flexibility to have HiveManager NG Virtual Appliance on premises as a single virtual machine. With security concerns and data restrictions, this was a deciding factor to choosing a flexible infrastructure like Aerohive. Having built-in firewall policy at the AP was also instrumental, with control right at the network edge, which will also be cost effective as the County continues to grow and expand the network. Another Aerohive feature Emmet County hopes to implement in the near future includes Private Pre-Shared Key for simplified authentication without compromising security.
- To read the full Emmet County case study, please visit: http://www.aerohive.com/customers/Emmet-County.html
- Emmet County Case Study
- Aerohive Network Management
- Aerohive Access Points Overview
- Aerohive Switches Overview
- Aerohive Applications & Insights Overview
- Aerohive’s Private Pre-Shared Key (PPSK)
- Aerohive’s Secure Mobility
- Most-Adaptable Wi-Fi for Connected Enterprises
“Not only does Aerohive provide a top-notch wireless solution, but also the support we received as we set up an enterprise network from the bottom-up was invaluable,” said Matt Hellens, director, information technology, Emmet County. “Having control at the network edge and enabling seamless integration with Dell for a unified networking infrastructure were key to the success of implementing wireless operations across the entire county. The flexibility of the solution, from having the management system on premises to controlling how employees and guests connect, as well as providing multiple avenues for enhanced security, gives us confidence that Aerohive will meet our current and future networking requirements across Emmet County.”
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding new Aerohive product and service offerings and statements regarding their expected performance, market receptiveness and competitive advantage. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risk and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: general demand for wireless networking in the industry verticals targeted or demand for Aerohive products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, risks associated with our growth, competitive pressures from existing and new companies, technological change, product development delays, our inability to protect Aerohive intellectual property or to predict or limit exposure to third party claims relating to its or Aerohive’s intellectual property, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Aerohive’s financial and operating results are included under the captions “Risk Factors” and “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations,” in the Company’s recent annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly report on Form 10-Q. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.aerohive.com and on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof, and Aerohive Networks disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive uses Cloud Management, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence to radically simplify and secure the Access Network. Our Cloud-Managed Wireless, Switching, Routing, and Security technologies provide unrivalled flexibility in deployment, management, and licensing. Credited with pioneering Controller-less Wi-Fi and Cloud Management, Aerohive delivers continuous innovation at Cloud-speed that constantly challenges the industry norm, allowing customers to rethink what’s possible. Our innovations and global cloud footprint radically simplify Access Network operation for 30,000+ customers and 10+ million daily users. See how at www.aerohive.com/customers.
Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Milpitas, CA. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive”, “Aerohive Networks”, and “HiveManager” are registered trademarks of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.