Aerohive Powers Retail Wi-Fi Solution for Savers, Largest Thrift Store Chain in North America
Milpitas, Calif. — September 26, 2017 — Aerohive Networks® (NYSE:HIVE), announced today that Savers, the largest for-profit thrift store chain in North America, has selected Aerohive to mobilize retail operations for greater productivity and efficiency across the entire organization.
- Savers is the largest for-profit thrift store chain in North America and is a global organization, employing more than 20,000 people in the United States, Canada and Australia, and generating revenues of more than $1B worldwide. The company operates 320 retail locations under the store names Savers, Value Village, Village des Valeurs in Canada, and Savers Australia.
- Savers’ IT team needed to move away from reliance on the WAN, and move toward upgrading to a Wi-Fi solution that would also ensure continuous store operations. As a company that thrives on thrift, it’s not surprising that cost was also a key directive for an enterprise solution.
- Aruba, Ruckus, and other providers were considered before Savers ultimately chose Aerohive as the wireless network standard across all its retail stores and corporate operations.
- Savers deployed Aerohive AP130 access points in retail stores and trucking operations, and chose AP250 access points for corporate offices and locations. Savers is using HiveManager® NG for network management, and using Aerohive APs as a RADIUS server for secure device authentication for a guest network.
- Savers will soon deploy Aerohive access points in retail locations with integrated Bluetooth capabilities. This was a huge selling point for the retailer as Bluetooth technology will allow Savers to connect with customers, including unauthenticated users, to allow customer interaction, offer promotional opportunities and enable push notifications.
- To read the full Savers case study, please visit: www.aerohive.com/wp-content/uploads/Aerohive_Retail_Case-Study_Savers.pdf
- Savers Case Study
- Retail Solutions from Aerohive
- Retail Analytics At-a-Glance
- Aerohive Access Points Overview
“Aerohive demonstrated that the network solution they were offering was more innovative for a retail environment,” explains Charles Blair, IT infrastructure manager at Savers. “We recognized Aerohive had developed solutions specifically for retail, with customized features allowing the potential for greater customer interaction, which gave us confidence that Aerohive would enable Savers to stay ahead of the curve and future-proof our wireless solution for years to come.”
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding new Aerohive product and service offerings and statements regarding their expected performance, market receptiveness and competitive advantage. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risk and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: general demand for wireless networking in the industry verticals targeted or demand for Aerohive products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, risks associated with our growth, competitive pressures from existing and new companies, technological change, product development delays, our inability to protect Aerohive intellectual property or to predict or limit exposure to third party claims relating to its or Aerohive’s intellectual property, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Aerohive’s financial and operating results are included under the captions “Risk Factors” and “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations,” in the Company’s recent annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly report on Form 10-Q. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.aerohive.com and on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof, and Aerohive Networks disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive uses Cloud Management, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence to radically simplify and secure the Access Network. Our Cloud-Managed Wireless, Switching, Routing, and Security technologies provide unrivalled flexibility in deployment, management, and licensing. Credited with pioneering Controller-less Wi-Fi and Cloud Management, Aerohive delivers continuous innovation at Cloud-speed that constantly challenges the industry norm, allowing customers to rethink what’s possible. Our innovations and global cloud footprint radically simplify Access Network operation for 30,000+ customers and 10+ million daily users. See how at www.aerohive.com/customers.
Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Milpitas, CA. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive”, “Aerohive Networks”, and “HiveManager” are registered trademarks of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.