Aerohive’s Wi-Fi with Retail Analytics Give Competitive Edge to Premier Shopping Destination
Milpitas, Calif. and Auckland, New Zealand — November 9, 2016 — Aerohive Networks® (NYSE:HIVE) announced today that NorthWest Shopping Center, owned and managed by Stride Property, one of New Zealand’s largest diversified investment property firms, has selected Aerohive for its comprehensive retail Wi-Fi solution. Stride Property worked directly with Intellium Technology, a leading full-service IT Support & Communications provider, deploying Managed Wi-Fi to this next-generation shopping destination.
Taking advantage of Aerohive’s full suite of retail solutions to bridge the online and physical shopping experience, NorthWest Shopping Center now offers public Wi-Fi access for shoppers, meeting customer expectations. NorthWest Shopping Center and Stride Property are able to provide insight to retailers for how shoppers spend their time and other valuable customer behavior that will create future engagement opportunities.
- NorthWest Shopping Center and Intellium Technologies are located in Auckland, New Zealand. NorthWest is the flagship of the new Westgate Town Center, the largest transformation project in the country and recognized as a next-generation shopping destination.
- Customer behavior is changing profoundly due to the ways technology is being used as part of the shopping experience. In the United States, 82% of smartphone users turn to their phones to make a purchase decision while in stores.*
- Retailers are using Wi-Fi for more than just connectivity, and are taking advantage of technology to build loyalty, understand shopper behavior and increase sales.
- NorthWest Shopping Center deployed Aerohive AP230 access points, cabled to PoE switches for access throughout the shopping complex, including food courts and other common areas. Aerohive’s HiveManager Online allows granular control and cloud-based network management.
- As part of Aerohive’s Personalized Engagement Platform, retail analytics give NorthWest Shopping Center additional insight into shopper behavior, allowing individual retail outlets to deliver higher quality services and gain a competitive edge.
- Aerohive’s retail analytics powered by Euclid provide valuable measurable insight, identify shopper preferences and increased engagement.
- NorthWest Shopping Centrt Case Study
- Solution Brief: Aerohive’s Retail Analytics
- Aerohive Retail Solutions
- Retail Solution Partners
- 5 Guidelines for Retailers
- Personalized Engagement Platform
- Next-Gen Retail Experience Infographic
“We were looking to provide point of differentiation by deploying state of the art technology to deliver unrivalled facilities to retailers and an enhanced shopping experience for customers in store,” stated Linh Luong, senior marketing manager, Stride Property. “Through data analytics, we were able to capture data on how shoppers spend their time and where they visit. We learned from the reports that 52% of our shoppers are visiting us for the first time, which reveals we still have room for marketing growth.”
“Intellium and Aerohive both have a track record of delivering projects that meet the highest expectations of the customer,” said Mark Taylor, sales director, Intellium. “The retail data insights offered from Aerohive reflect the extra value we are able to offer to customers.This insight into consumer behavior and business intelligence from Aerohive is one of the reasons wireless networking is now our fastest growing product suite at Intellium.”
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding new Aerohive product and service offerings and statements regarding their expected performance, market receptiveness and competitive advantage. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risk and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: general demand for wireless networking in the industry verticals targeted or demand for Aerohive products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, risks associated with our growth, competitive pressures from existing and new companies, technological change, product development delays, our inability to protect Aerohive intellectual property or to predict or limit exposure to third party claims relating to its or Aerohive’s intellectual property, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Aerohive’s financial and operating results are included under the captions “Risk Factors” and “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations,” in the Company’s recent annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly report on Form 10-Q. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.aerohive.com and on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof, and Aerohive Networks disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive uses Cloud Management, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence to radically simplify and secure the Access Network. Our Cloud-Managed Wireless, Switching, Routing, and Security technologies provide unrivalled flexibility in deployment, management, and licensing. Credited with pioneering Controller-less Wi-Fi and Cloud Management, Aerohive delivers continuous innovation at Cloud-speed that constantly challenges the industry norm, allowing customers to rethink what’s possible. Our innovations and global cloud footprint radically simplify Access Network operation for 30,000+ customers and 10+ million daily users. See how at www.aerohive.com/customers.
Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Milpitas, CA. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” and “HiveManager” are registered trademarks of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
*Google/Ipsos, “Consumers in the Micro-Moment” study, March 2015, United States.