Calvin College Deploys New Secure, Cloud-Managed Network with Aerohive Solution
Milpitas, Calif. — February 28, 2017 — Aerohive Networks® (NYSE:HIVE), ), the fastest growing enterprise Wi-Fi vendor, today announced that Calvin College selected Aerohive to provide an enterprise approach to its network and improve connectivity across its main campus, as well as five additional physical locations.
Aerohive was chosen for its intelligent, cooperative-control enabled access points, which ensure simplified management and control while eliminating single points of failure, as well as its flexible features, and intuitive network management system.
- Calvin College had previously implemented a Cisco network with an ad hoc approach, placing access points in campus buildings. If problems arose, the IT team would simply try moving the AP to a different location. With the onslaught of mobile devices on campus over recent years, Calvin College needed to take an enterprise approach to its network, upgrade to 802.11ac technology and set up a comprehensive wireless network to improve connectivity.
- After evaluating Meraki, Calvin College decided to move away from a Cisco-brand solution and rolled out an Aerohive pilot in the president’s office, testing connectivity and bandwidth before deploying across the larger campus. They chose Aerohive AP230 access points, BR200 branch routers, VPN Gateway Virtual Appliance and HiveManager® implemented on-premises.
- The IT team set up an SSID for faculty and students, assigning different VLANs for individual users and has leveraged Aerohive’s Private Pre-Shared Key (PPSK) feature to authenticate users at the graduate seminary to the larger network. Branch routers are used at an adjacent clinic from Mercy St. Mary’s Hospital, located close to campus and ensuring network connection for staff members who need access to Calvin’s system.
- Aerohive’s Bonjour Gateway has helped in the management of the network, giving Apple devices, such as Apple TVs and iPads, a path to firmware updates and service readiness. Band steering capabilities from Aerohive will allow devices to route to the 5GHz band, relieving network congestion for the campus. Other plans include implementing VoIP phones with Jabber for campus-wide advanced communications platform.
- To read the full Calvin College case study, please visit: http://www.aerohive.com/customers/Calvin-College.html.
- Calvin College Case Study
- Aerohive Network Management
- Aerohive Access Points Overview
- Aerohive Private Pre-Shared Key
- Aerohive BR200 Branch Router
- Aerohive VPN Gateway
- Aerohive Applications & Insights Overview
“Aerohive has provided Calvin College with an outstanding enterprise Wi-Fi solution across most of our entire campus, the areas that have been migrated from the old wireless system,” said Mark Corliss, network engineer, Calvin College. “Aside from the technology boosting our network along with simplicity of management, the support from Aerohive has been exceptional and instrumental to ensure a successful deployment. The ability to carve out how users authenticate is a key capability and gives us the flexibility we require to accommodate our network and user needs. As we leverage additional features and expand our network, we know we can count on Aerohive to continue to architect a successful wireless solution.”
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding new Aerohive product and service offerings and statements regarding their expected performance, market receptiveness and competitive advantage. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risk and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: general demand for wireless networking in the industry verticals targeted or demand for Aerohive products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, risks associated with our growth, competitive pressures from existing and new companies, technological change, product development delays, our inability to protect Aerohive intellectual property or to predict or limit exposure to third party claims relating to its or Aerohive’s intellectual property, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Aerohive’s financial and operating results are included under the captions “Risk Factors” and “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations,” in the Company’s recent annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly report on Form 10-Q. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.aerohive.com and on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof, and Aerohive Networks disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE: HIVE) enables our customers to simply and confidently connect to the information, applications, and insights they need to thrive. Our simple, scalable, and secure platform delivers mobility without limitations. For our customers worldwide, every access point is a starting point. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Milpitas, CA. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” and “HiveManager” are registered trademarks and “Aerohive Networks” is a trademark of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.