Customers Select Aerohive and Dell Streamlined Cloud Managed Wi-Fi and Campus Networking
Companies Together Set a New Standard for Unified Campus Wired and Wireless Networking
Sunnyvale, Calif. — April 26, 2016 — Aerohive Networks® (NYSE:HIVE) today announced that Dell Networking and Aerohive continue to win new customers with the simplicity of their combined solution. Dell switches and Aerohive access points have been selected by Movement Mortgage, Queen Margaret’s School, and Walton Arts Center.
Further supporting this customer momentum, Dell in a separate announcement today introduced its new cloud-managed wired and wireless campus solution powered by HiveManager® NG. Dell and Aerohive together deliver the most unified multivendor wired and wireless management. Dell also expanded its ProSupport offering to provide users with a single point of contact for unified network support.
- To realize the opportunities of mobility, enterprises need a foundation of easy-to-manage, innovative, and scalable wireless networks.
- Aerohive today announced three joint customers with Dell:
- Movement Mortgage, the nation’s fastest growing mortgage bank, was seeking to deploy a network with unified wired and wireless management across its 450 offices. After evaluating several vendors, including Meraki and Cisco, Movement Mortgage selected Aerohive access points, which provided a seamless integration with its existing Dell switches.
- Queen Margaret’s School, impressed by Dell and Aerohive’s unparalleled support and converged network management capabilities, deployed the companies’ solutions at its 27-acre campus in Vancouver Island, British Columbia.
- Walton Arts Center, the premier performing arts and entertainment center of Arkansas, chose Aerohive access points after encountering difficulties with its initial Meraki deployment. The Center selected Aerohive for its seamless interaction with Dell switches and unified wired and wireless management with HiveManager NG.
- Dell announced today it has collaborated with Aerohive to integrate Dell N-Series switches with Aerohive’s HiveManager NG to deliver converged wired and wireless enterprise-class management available in the public or private cloud. Customers now can deploy best-of-breed wired from Dell and best-of-breed wireless from Aerohive with single-pane-of-glass, unified network management and unified support. Dell has also expanded its industry-leading ProSupport to provide users with a single point of contact for unified network support.
- As previously announced, Dell and Aerohive entered into a partnership agreement in April 2015, whereby Dell is a global reseller of Aerohive solutions. The extension of HiveManager NG and the new support services are milestones in executing Dell and Aerohive’s shared vision of cloud-managed IT to provide simplified and streamlined operations, configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting for all elements of customers’ networks.
- Dell Advances Future-Ready Enterprise with New Campus and Data Center Networking Solutions
- HiveManager NG for Dell Networking switches & Aerohive APs
- Aerohive Boundless: Cloud-managed wired & wireless convergence simplifies networking
- Unifying the Campus Wired and Wireless Network with Dell
- Movement Mortgage Case Study
- Queen Margaret’s School Case Study
- Walton Arts Center Case Study
“Aerohive and Dell have made strides to deliver a truly unified solution,” said Zeus Kerravala, principal analyst, ZK Research. “This integration in HiveManager NG not only gives customers the ability to monitor, but also to configure and push zero touch deployments from the cloud. This is the most unified wired and wireless cloud management integration that I have seen.”
“With Movement Mortgage’s exponential growth, we needed a solution that would provide central management and rapid deployment,” said Will Simons, director IT, Movement Mortgage. “Aerohive and Dell have provided just hands down the best responsiveness and support to Movement Mortgage, from account representatives to engineers in the field. The seamless working relationship has benefitted our operations and our bottom line so we can focus on our work without slowing down.”
“The ability to manage Dell switches and Aerohive access points in the cloud is impressive,” said Tobias Staley, manager of innovation & technology, Queen Margaret’s School. “Unified wired and wireless network management enables Queen Margaret’s School to have a more simple-to-use and cost-effective network solution, which delivers the benefits of mobility to all our campus users. On top of the shared vision for cloud-managed IT, the service and support we receive from Aerohive and Dell are unparalleled and are a key reason we will continue to work together as our network and IT infrastructure expand.”
“Aerohive has surpassed our expectations in dependability, as well as ease of configuration and implementation,” said Robert Martin, database administrator, Walton Arts Center. “All we know is our patrons and staff are happy, and that makes our job much easier as we plan for future network expansion.”
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding new Aerohive product and service offerings and statements regarding their expected performance, market receptiveness and competitive advantage. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risk and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: general demand for wireless networking in the industry verticals targeted or demand for Aerohive products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, risks associated with our growth, competitive pressures from existing and new companies, technological change, product development delays, our inability to protect Aerohive intellectual property or to predict or limit exposure to third party claims relating to its or Aerohive’s intellectual property, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Aerohive’s financial and operating results are included under the captions “Risk Factors” and “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations,” in the Company’s recent annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly report on Form 10-Q. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.aerohive.com and on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof, and Aerohive Networks disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE: HIVE) enables our customers to simply and confidently connect to the information, applications, and insights they need to thrive. Our simple, scalable, and secure platform delivers mobility without limitations. For our customers worldwide, every access point is a starting point. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Milpitas, CA. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” and “HiveManager” are registered trademarks and “Aerohive Networks” is a trademark of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.